Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Non-Scale Successes and General Positivity >

Non-Scale Successes and General Positivity

Community
Notices

Non-Scale Successes and General Positivity

Old 01-14-2015, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

I didn't think I would find anything to post here but I have.

I found muscle.

When I rubbed my calves before it was scary tight. Water retention and fat filling out the skin to its fullest.
But now the skin is smooth, and yet it moves. Under the skin, I can still feel fat, but there is muscle beneath that.
I tried my outer thighs with the same results. I can feel where the fat covers the muscle. The muscle tissue is still small, but I can feel it.

Yeah, now I'm going to go around rubbing my legs just to feel my progress. Hopefully it will be visual by summer so I can just wear shorts and look in the mirror.

Okay, that's worse. It reminds me of all those twenty year old guys primping in the gym mirror after ripping their muscles pumping a weight that is too heavy for them.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Annette, that's an awesome NSV! Go ahead and primp and flex away.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:49 AM
FitDay Member

Annette: I say celebrate EVERY victory! If you can feel a muscle, GREAT! I must confess I do the same thing--I check my fluffy belly for any sign of decrease!

I love being able to drive without my tummy rubbing the steering wheel and now I don't have to use my seatbelt extender! Vicki
Old 01-15-2015, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

My greatest non-scale success this week has been:
No artificial sweeteners!! This is huge for me, it is one of the pillars to my success.

Salt and fat may have gone to hell this week (and the did)
But, I have had no added sugars (those went out before New Year's Day), and no sweeteners,so I can right this train wreck
Old 01-15-2015, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

Awesome NSVs Bea and Annette! I don't have an NSV to share this week...but there's always next week right! Love this thread! Thanks for starting it Bea
Old 01-15-2015, 11:35 AM
FitDay Member

I just want to say thanks for letting me in your group. That is my success because it helps to have support with others that are going through the same things. So my success this week is a big thanks to all of you!
Old 01-17-2015, 12:16 PM
FitDay Member

Great NSVs everybody!!

My nsv is that it's my boyfriend's birthday, and when we went for dinner at our favourite restaurant, I had the salmon burger and salad, instead of a loaded veggie burger with fries, like I usually get... also have exercised every day this week, and noticed that one of my shirts is fitting a little better than it used to
Old 01-17-2015, 12:32 PM
FitDay Member

Roxy, that a great NSV! Good for you on the better choices for dinner AND for all the exercise. Clothes fitting better is a great reward.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rosabella2012
Annette: I say celebrate EVERY victory! If you can feel a muscle, GREAT! I must confess I do the same thing--I check my fluffy belly for any sign of decrease!

I love being able to drive without my tummy rubbing the steering wheel and now I don't have to use my seatbelt extender! Vicki
When I first noticed the steering wheel space I would play little fingers games on the bottom of the steering wheel while I was driving.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:56 PM
FitDay Member

Went for a walk today since the weather was SOOO nice--sunny, clear, light breeze and 73--didn't make it as far as I wanted but I did walk for over 30 mins! Vicki

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.