Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon! >

Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon!

Old 01-10-2015, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

I'm the only snowless/warm Canadian here. I wore a mesh-back vest on my walk yesterday.

Yesterday - I walked, water was up, but not perfect, and I had vegetables.

I don't want to walk today, but I am watching the sky for time.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Today I'm going to refresh my memory on on-plan breakfast choices. I'm getting in a rut with zero cholesterol egg blend and things I add to it. Had a great hot breakfast sandwich today--leftover Italian turkey sausage, cooked portabello mushrooms, and just a tablespoon of roasted red pepper Alfredo sauce on 1/2 a low carb pita bread.

Going to a birthday party today at 5:00. Funny thing is I don't know if they're having anything to eat besides cake. I would suspect so since that's around dinner time in midwest USA. If not, we have a restaurant gift card for a home cooking place on the way back home that has lots and lots of foods I can eat on plan and they substitute stuff at no extra charge--so if something comes with potatoes they cordially allow me to substitute something like green beans, broccoli, or a side salad. No need to ever feel deprived at that restaurant.

Lisa, I'm thrilled for your making it through your cravings. You can definitely be proud of only 360 off plan calories in view of the severe cravings. Good idea to keep the Atkins shakes on hand! Congrats on a job well done! The same thing happened to me last night. I made it through all day, even eating out and toting some on-plan food with me to a pizza parlor, but then in the evening I had cravings like crazy. I was so lucky that I had gone to the grocery store in the morning and stocked up on mostly healthful foods and some "legal" treats. I wound up grazing--snacking on a low fat pepperjack cream cheese wedge and just 1/2 serving of pork rinds with tomato salsa and 2 sugar free dark chocolates miniatures. Wasn't the best snack, but it was better than the store bought snack cake that was calling my name from the kitchen. Thanks for your encouragement on my planning ahead for the pizza parlor. Ooh! Thanks so much for sharing your plan on the pork fajitas. I'm making crockpot pork shoulder tomorrow and will definitely have leftovers. I have everything on hand for fajitas (including low carb tortillas I bought yesterday) except for sour cream and lettuce.

Roxy, uhm, yeah, digging out a car from all that snow surely is good exercise. We don't have power outages very often, but for Christmas our son got us a gasoline powered generator. That makes me feel a lot more secure after struggling a couple years ago in the summer to save our food during a day and a half power outage. It's big enough to run the refrigerator and a window air conditioner or a space heater and a couple lamps at the same time. Wow, it does sound like you live in a beautiful place. I'm happy for you.

Vicki, major kudos on your self control eating only six tortilla chips!!! Truly I believe that eating a tempting food in moderation occasionally is better than deprivation which leads to burn-out or binge eating. Hey, that's exactly what I do with fajitas at restaurants--I skip the tortillas and make it into a type of salad. I don't care about other people teasing me--it's delicious.

Bea, that's great to be such a morning person! I have to get up at 6:15AM, but I am not a happy camper about that. I'm most productive after 8:30AM. I'm guessing supervising at a pharmacy would be satisfying work that makes you feel good for helping others. I would certainly think that the bike exercise would help with stamina being on your feet so much at your weekend job. Wow, I love that you posted that picture of yourself by the bike. That's nice that you can save that pay check for a travel fund. OMG, that's so funny about the Lush Hot Toddy shower gel after teasing you about drinking!

Annette, I'm glad you are in a warmer part of Canada! Great job on eating your veggies, upping water, and walking! Best wishes on getting in another walk today.

Last edited by Mern; 01-10-2015 at 03:31 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Walk time - 7:50
Sunrise - 8:02

I can push that back five minutes, if I get dressed at 7:30. I'll try for that tomorrow because I want a shower after my walk, before church.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:34 AM
FitDay Member

Annette--way to go on the walking plan!
Old 01-10-2015, 07:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hello fitdayers I'm late checking in today....easier to check in during the week since I'm strapped to a desk for 8 hours a day I managed to get in my workout this morning before heading out to bring my daughter to her first indoor rock climbing class (she loved it!) and then both kids had swimming lessons. Then off to the grocery store, back home to do some house stuff then I have a date with my son to build a Kinex set he got for Christmas. I love this stuff! I never had anything that fun when I was a kid, so I don't mind at all to help him put it together

Anette - A sunrise walk sounds lovely! Lucky you being the only warm Canadian here! I live in our great nations beautiful capital city...which is awesome....but the winter's are most definitely cold!

Mern - Enjoy the birthday party! I would hope they are serving food if they're having a party at 5 pm? Awesome you have a back up plan though...just in case!

Bea - So you work 7 days a week? At least the weekend job is soley to fund travelling! Any other travel plans other than Mississauga in the spring for the scrabble tourney?

Lisa - I am soooooo very proud of you!! Great job makign a plan and logging everything!! It is tough to get back on track when we go off the rails even for a short while, but your proving to yourself it's possible!! Your determination and consistency always astounded me back when we were both staying on track. I know you have it in you! Way to go buddy!

Vicky
- 6 chips only!! I have ventured over the Non Scale Victory thread just yet, but I hope you posted there as well! So tough to stop at 6!! I would never have the strength!

Roxy - You paint a beautiful picture of the Rockies! When the kids are older, I would love to take the time to travel from coast to coast in our beautiful country!! All the way from Bea's neck of the woods in P.E.I to your and Anette's havens on the west coast!

Have a great evening all!
Old 01-10-2015, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

I've been getting the threads confused. There are two or three threads with a lot of the same posters and lots of different conversation. I really love it! BUT I have to go back a few pages in each thread to remind myself which conversation is happening. haha

Certainly not a complaint, I'm happy to see such a great group supporting each other.

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
mern
Everyone, I succeeded. I did NOT bake anything. Well, I didn't totally succeed since I had about 360 off plan calories today, but that's still super good compared to even a week ago. I had a handful of chips (weighed and logged) but then to curb the deep cravings I resorted to my trusty Atkins shake w/ milk. It worked! I'm still slightly craving, but it's not a completely overpowering obsessive thought anymore. Hopefully tomorrow will go well too. Good night. Or, by the time you read this, Good Morning!
Lisa, you rock!! I consider that a FULL success, even with the 360 cals over. I was about 200 cals over yesterday, and you know what? IT DOESN'T MATTER. This is a lifestyle change we're going for, and moderation! Every once in a while we will have a bit of a higher day, it's life. You've been doing so great.

Last edited by paisleyjane; 01-10-2015 at 10:33 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 01-10-2015, 10:17 AM
FitDay Member

On track so far for the day. Made new oatmeal packets and had one for breakfast. I had to throw the ones that were in the pantry out b/c they had been in there so long the raisins and cranberries were dry and hard. ick. My oatmeal this morning was delicious and amazing. I had forgotten how good they could be. And it keeps me full for a while.

I'm now having my lunch...an Atkins chocolate royale shake w/ a cup of milk. super yummy. I'm going to be over my calorie goal today b/c the dinner I'm making is one of my favorites of all time, and it's a little high in calories, and I refuse to skimp on it. It's chicken in a white wine, mustard, mushroom sauce. A-ma-zing. The only thing in it really that's high in calories that I can think off the top of my head is 1 c heavy cream in the sauce. mustard is 0, chicken broth is about 0, chicken is reasonable, mushrooms about 0, herbs/seasonings 0, so I think it's really just the cream. I guess I could use 1/2 & 1/2. maybe I'll do that. I'll mix 1/2 cup 1% milk with 1/2 cup heavy cream. But, actually, this week when I restarted I said I wasn't going to be super strict on the numbers, just trying to make better choices. sorry for getting off on a ramble.

I will be making my grocery list for this week's shopping in a minute, and I need to try to plan ahead for some better things for me.

AND I must have been packing on some water weight b/c I lost 3 lbs since yesterday afternoon. I was elated to see the scale go down like that!

Bea, having to go to a 2nd job makes it easier i bet to know the money goes straight into a travel fund! How often do you get to go on trips? Do you do 1 big one, or several small ones?

Thank you Mern and Debbie for the pat on the back. I think I'm getting back into the groove a little better. I know I'm going to continue to have serious craving attacks, but I just need to learn to deal with them better.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:43 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa! I'm so happy that we're both finding our groove again! Your support in the past was so inspirational to me! I'm glad we're both feeling some success! Let's build on that and keep moving forward together!

Our little fitday community rocks!!

Old 01-10-2015, 11:49 AM
FitDay Member

I'm sincerely moved by all we've accomplished this week! The Easter Challenge alone has us to 25% of our 200 lbs. lost goal! WOW!! All the positivity here this week moves me! There are other sites where quite frankly...people are not always supportive. We're a small group here.....but small as we may be...we support one another with words of encouragement and wisdom. I want to say thank you too all my fellow fitdayers! We truly are the best!

Old 01-10-2015, 11:55 AM
FitDay Member

I am exhausted!!

I was supposed to work 8-3, but the next supe couldn't come til 5:15.. that made 8 - 5:15 without so much as a pee break!!

Last Sunday, I was peeling potatoes to make scalloped potato dinner, and thought, I'll just keep peeling and keep a weeks worth, at the ready, in the fridge.

Coming home tonight,tired and starving, I was grateful there was potatoes all ready peeled, I just needed to add some things

And yes, 7 days a week, but it's for a good cause - ME

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.