Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon! >

Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon!

Old 01-09-2015, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Annette, each new day is a fresh start/clean slate. Kudos for setting your goals for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I wish my grandkids would eat the more safe oat cookies--they like Oreos and just plain chocolate chip. Heaven forbid we try to stick something healthful in their cookies! I did fool my 16 month old great-granddaughter who hates all veggies except for broccoli, asparagus, and mushrooms. I hid pureed pumpkin inside the grilled cheese I made for her and she couldn't taste it. And another time I put finely chopped carrots in the meat loaf patties I made and she couldn't tell. Kudos on your creativity with the waffles!

bdukes, thanks for your positive post. I gained 7 lbs. over the holidays. I need the water to help rev up my metabolism, too. Best wishes to you--yes, we CAN do this.

Lisa, great start with the oatmeal, positive attitude. Enjoy that roast! I'm making a crockpot roast Sunday. Kudos on your good choices!

Debbie, great job on the early exercise again! You have every right to be proud of yourself. Enjoy your Salisbury steak and potatoes tonight. I tend to go off the wagon if I don't cook because not cooking gets me easily bored and in a rut. I just LOVE your attitude about the exercise and trusting in the process. So happy for you that the scale moved in the right direction. Congrats on that!

Hope, hi! Glad you are enjoying an extended visit with your daughter and the other "ducklings." What will your daughter be doing in Africa? A church mission, Peace Corps...? Wow a 7 or 8 lb. net loss between Halloween and now is AWESOME! Aw, best wishes with your sore mouth--hope you can keep those soft foods healthful--not cookies pureed into your ice cream based milk shakes. LOL For real, there are so many options I know you'll enjoy like mashed or pureed fruits and veggies. You have a good palate, so I know you'll succeed.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

1) water... lotsa water. 100 ounces a day yes,close but no cigar,yes, yes
2) fruits and veggies. 3 servings per day no, no (unless french fries count), no, no
3) workout 3 times no,yes,no, no
4) be mindful of my eating no,was pretty good, yes, yes
5) no visiting the ghost (middle of the night eating) no eating, still not visting the ghost, doing good, still leaving him alone
6) make or fix something not yet, not yet (have plans to work on the house this weekend, I'll update if that happens
Old 01-09-2015, 06:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
I would have never thought to make savory garlic waffles! How did you eat them...or what did you serve with them?
I make savoury pancakes all the time, they are SO much better than the sweet ones most people have for breaky
I sautee some mushrooms and onions and then mix that into my pancake batter with some spices (usually cumin, or garam masala for me, but any savoury would do)... and instead of milk I use veggie broth. You can top them with a bit of dijon or whatever non-sweet sauce you like.

Before being a vegetarian I tried savoury waffles, they had onion and bacon in them. Yummy.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Hope, hi! Glad you are enjoying an extended visit with your daughter and the other "ducklings." What will your daughter be doing in Africa? A church mission, Peace Corps...? Wow a 7 or 8 lb. net loss between Halloween and now is AWESOME! Aw, best wishes with your sore mouth--hope you can keep those soft foods healthful--not cookies pureed into your ice cream based milk shakes. LOL For real, there are so many options I know you'll enjoy like mashed or pureed fruits and veggies. You have a good palate, so I know you'll succeed.
Hi Mern, I know you meant me! lol My daughter is going there to work on an engineering project involving water supply and water quality in a rural village, so I won't have any internet or other contact with her for about 6 weeks. It will surely be a test for both of us.

Thanks for your kind words regarding my weight loss. I never try to diet over Christmas. Rather, I try to give myself some bumper by losing a little beforehand. I know... it doesn't make much sense. lol

I can eat things that I can mash. (It's amazing what is mashable! ) Last night, I mashed a turkey burger without the bun. If it can't be mashed, it can usually be dipped in coffee! LOL

Nice to have you back! =)

Quinn
Old 01-09-2015, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quinniepoo, It seems you always have a lot on your plate. Oh wait, that didn't sound right, you know what I mean. Sounds like you may need more than just A bottle of wine to make it through the next 6 weeks. I like Mern's idea. Maybe you grind up a little king cake. I bet that would take your mind off of everything you have going on. Gooooo Packers
Old 01-09-2015, 09:07 AM
FitDay Member

Annette: My grandsons love the whole berry cranberry sauce on just about everything--in fact, they'd rather have that than apple or grape jelly!

Tonight we're taking my daughter out to eat for her birthday since both she and my husband will be working late her actual birthday, which in Tuesday. She wants Mexican this year so I'm trying to plan my strategy. Thing is, I really love salsa, so it will be very difficult to leave the chips and salsa alone. Wish me well! Vicki
Old 01-09-2015, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, you're doing such a great job with your workouts! and i saw the scale noticed your efforts. Good for you!

Savory waffles and pancakes sound really good. Are the pancakes themselves lower in calories if you make them from scratch? When I make pancakes and waffles I use Bisquick and I rarely eat them when I do make them because just plain w/out butter or syrup they are surprisingly very high in calories. Debbie, I bet real maple syrup is divine. Lucky you to have a good source!

I think I'm going to check in often to help myself be accountable with my efforts. I got thrown a monkey wrench for lunch. For weeks I've had 1 Atkins shake in the fridge, but when I went to grab it this afternoon, it wasn't there. I cannot drink warm ones. I put a 4-pack in the fridge then, so I'll have a cold one for later. Instead of panicking, throwing my hands up in the air and saying "oh well! I might as well eat this and this and this and this and this instead." I made a cup of rice. I put a pat of home made butter in it (Yes! I learned how to make really good butter!!! ) with a dash of salt. Admittedly it doesn't have a lot of nutritional value, but it's something that fills up my belly and keeps me from binging on crap.

Oh! Oh! Omg! I just remembered my biggest win of the day!!! My husband came home this morning and had brought me a sausage egg McMuffin w/ cheese (one of my favorites). and I turned it down. Yes, I passed it by. It stayed in the fridge all day long and when my son and I got home I popped it in the microwave and fed it to him.

Last week when I weighed myself I was 253.something, and since I couldn't remember exactly I just put 254 in the Friday weigh in. So when I weighed in this afternoon at 253.6 I was really happy. I think it was actually a .2 gain, but I'm soooo thankful it's not another lb or two. Even though it was a slight gain, with not being on track I thought of it as a complete win.

The roast will be done in a few hours and I'm going to have garlic mashed potatoes with it. I should have a veggie with it, but I don't think we have much. I know we've got nothing fresh. maybe we have some broccoli in the freezer.

Hope all of you are having a good day!
Old 01-09-2015, 09:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinniepoo, It seems you always have a lot on your plate. Oh wait, that didn't sound right, you know what I mean. Sounds like you may need more than just A bottle of wine to make it through the next 6 weeks. I like Mern's idea. Maybe you grind up a little king cake. I bet that would take your mind off of everything you have going on. Gooooo Packers
Haha! You would not BELIEVE the things that I have made into a mush the past 2 days! I'm thinking King Cake and ice cream smooshed together! lol Here near GB, we have had -35 wind chills off and on for the past 5 days, which is AWESOME!! Why you ask? Because the Cowboys won't be able to take the cold. Even with the wind chills, Lambeau will be packed. You won't see an empty seat. I was just there last Saturday. The new stadium is so awesome! Had to do a little Packer shopping at the Packer Pro Shop!
Old 01-09-2015, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

-35* Y'all yanks are crazy! There's no way you'd catch me out in that weather!
Old 01-09-2015, 11:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
-35* Y'all yanks are crazy! There's no way you'd catch me out in that weather!
That's a fact. You have to be a little nuts to live here! lol You just bundle up, walk fast and drink more! Haha! In tonight's paper, there is an ad:

"The Green Bay Packers are looking for some help clearing snow from the seats at Lambeau Field. Shovelers are paid $10 an hour and need to be 15 years old. The organization provides snow shovels."

Well, thank God they have shovels.

Come on up, Cupcake... I hear it's a great cardio workout!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.