Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon! >

Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon!

Old 01-07-2015, 01:28 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Debbie. Surgery was a success, we're just waiting for discharge papers.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Thanks Debbie. Surgery was a success, we're just waiting for discharge papers.
Surgery? Dude, what's going on?
Old 01-07-2015, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

1) No sugar or sweeteners - Yes, Yes
2) No dairy - Yes, Yes
3) Weigh myself one time this week max - Yes ( doctor weighed me -oops! NO
4) one mindful meal a day minimum where I not only focus on what I eat but while I am eating (no tv, reading, talking) - Nearly all Not really...
5) acceptance of myself and others (sorta like Debbies's goal) - UMMMM This one may be too hard. Yes, better
New one:
5) 6 glasses of water - Nope, Nope
Old 01-07-2015, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Surgery? Dude, what's going on?
Not on me. You know if I had surgery, I'd be milking it as best as i could.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator

1) water... lotsa water. 100 ounces a day yes,close but no cigar
2) fruits and veggies. 3 servings per day no, no (unless french fries count)
3) workout 3 times no,yes
4) be mindful of my eating no,was pretty good
5) no visiting the ghost (middle of the night eating) no eating, still not visting the ghost
6) make or fix something not yet, not yet (have plans to work on the house this weekend, I'll update if that happens
Old 01-07-2015, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa, I'm having a hard time keeping up with our thread, too. I'm on the run right now.

Mike, best wishes for a speedy recovery for whomever had surgery and no, French fries don't count as veggies. LOL

Debbie, I usually have to know carb and cholesterol counts, so I understand your need to know the calorie count on recipes. Right now I'm just eating by how I know I should eat, though--not logging all my food intake.

I'll try to catch up with the group later today.

Dinner today will be almond meal crusted flounder with a sauce of olive oil, dried rosemary, just a little zero transfat butter substitute , garlic and lemon juice. I don't have a recipe--just a plan. The rest of dinner is leftovers.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

My power is out so I'll post and reply to messages once it's back on - too much of a hassle writing on the mobile
Old 01-07-2015, 08:43 AM
FitDay Member

I'm not on track, but I'm at least trying to mentally prepare myself for the change coming up. It's hard for me to go from one extreme of eating to the other overnight. Honestly, though, I'm feeling really kinda bummed out about it because I think of all the portion controls that I don't want to do, like small servings and no seconds at dinner. That leaves me still feeling hungry and frustrated. I know I need to get over it and just do the tough things. I've done it before and I can do it again. Deep breath in...I can do this.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all Another successful day of eating on track and burning lots o' calories This is the first time I've attempted weight loss without getting on the scale. On the one hand, it's kind of nice just to focus on the things I can do like eating well and exercising...can't control the scale...on the other hand I'm soooooo curious to see if I've made any strides on the scale this week. Guess Friday weigh day is just around the corner!

Lisa - I know it can feel daunting. I'm sure we can all relate. Are you still drinking your shakes? I remember they always satisfied and filled you up. What about your home packaged oatmeal? Hang tough buddy...you'll find your groove again....sometimes it just takes trying over and over until you ignite that fire again

PJ - Mobiles are handy to check in....but not handy to type on!

Mern - Your dinner sounds yummy! If it turns out well, you should post it in the recipe section!
-
Mike - French fires do count as a veg if they're homemade! At least I count them as a veg

Hope - Your doing well on your weekly goals! Keep it up!

See you all tomorrow!
Old 01-07-2015, 11:33 AM
FitDay Member

It's been a rough day. I ran out of coffee yesterday and needed some thing
so I remembered the chocolate chips in the pantry. I had about an ounce and put the rest away. I needed a nap in the afternoon and when I woke up I felt better. I have been drinking herbal tea, apple cinnamon is my favorite. The guys had spagetti and meat sauce and salad. I put the meat sauce on the green salad and didn't miss the noodles. My calorie count was under 1000 again so I think I am doing well. I need to exercise this evening beause I didn't get to it earlier. I hope we all have a good weigh in on Friday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.