Notices

Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon!

Old 01-05-2015, 06:30 AM
FitDay Member

Wow--it's great to hear from so many folks! Some are new to me, but that's OK. It's cold here-- 46, but clear-- that's wonderful after all the rain we had over the weekend. It feels like perfect weather to cook. So today it's Napa cabbage, chopped carrots, onions, garlic, ground turkey breast with a ginger citrus sauce. I'll cook noodles for hubbie since he LOVES pasta, but none for me! I'll look for Dreamfield's at the store and might try that if I can find it here.

Debbie: thanks for sharing sites you trust with us! They have some great recipes and recipe ideas.

I'll try 2 recipes for LC muffins later today. If they're any good I'll post them later in the 'recipe' section. Vicki
Old 01-05-2015, 10:10 AM
FitDay Member

Bea, my "stoup" turned out so delicious!

Libby, hi! So glad to read that your problems have been resolved. Hopefully taht will make life and weight loss easier for you. I agree, everyone here is so supportive.

Debbie, thanks for the links. I haven't visited Kalyn's Kitchen recently, so will go back there again. I'll check out SkinnyTaste, too. Even if something isn't low carb, I can very often adapt it. Recipes already being low cal helps a lot.

Vicki, your cabbage and ground turkey breast dish sounds great! I hope you find the Dreamfields pasta. It's real pasta--just processed differently and I do find I can enjoy it and still keep my blood sugar levels reversed to normal without meds even if I enjoy it a couple times a week. It's great to have real spaghetti, real lasagna, etc instead of pasta substitutes like spaghetti squash or veggie pasta, although I'm sure they're delicious, too.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I used the calorie counter today and was surprised to see my count was under 1000. I do have to watch the sodium count in processed foods and sauces. My water intake was better than yesterday but still not enough. I prefer warm beverages in the winter. I hope that everyone had a good day.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:32 PM
FitDay Member

Hi guys! Thank you for the warm welcome. Good to be back. (((HUGS)))

Debbie, thank you for asking about the fibro. Yes winter is more challenging. But I am trying some new doctors and hoping that cleaning up the diet will help.

Mern! Stoup. Wow. I am ready with my bowl. Love stew. LOVE SOUP. Sounds win/win to me. And a good cold weather food!

Bea, hi! Scrabble tournament sounds fun. You must be good to be in a tournament.

Mike, hey slacker. Where y'at?
Old 01-05-2015, 12:51 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all Good first day back at it. Kept my calories under 1200 and managed to burn 750 calories in two separate exercise sessions. I'm sure I'll be feeling that tomorrow! Now to get up and do it all again tomorrow!

Good night all!
Old 01-05-2015, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52

Mike, hey slacker. Where y'at?
Where y'at darlin?? You ready to come see us. I should be thinner than last time.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:00 PM
FitDay Member

Of course, we're ready to see you guys!!! We'll be there late Feb. We'll have to get together for healthy meals - no Muffalettas! No Popeyes!!! Low fat gumbo lol!!! (Is there such a thing?)
Old 01-05-2015, 02:03 PM
FitDay Member

1) No sugar or sweeteners - Yes
2) No dairy - Yes
3) Weigh myself one time this week max - Yes
4) one mindful meal a day minimum where I not only focus on what I eat but while I am eating (no tv, reading, talking) - Nearly all
5) acceptance of myself and others (sorta like Debbies's goal) - UMMMM This one may be too hard.
New one:
5) 6 glasses of water - Nope

Last edited by canary52; 01-06-2015 at 03:42 AM.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:29 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I drank some more water tonight but still not enough for the day. I decided that weighing every day was not helping me so I am going to weigh in on Fridays only with a goal of 2 pounds per week. For exercise I am going to do weights on Monday, Aquabics on Tuesday, Pilates on Wednesday, Aquabics on Thursday, and that is were I am going to start. It was a good day.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:38 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, everyone. I've been debating with myself on how to approach this, so I'm just going to come out with it. I was on here before, under a different name. I was gone for a while, but I miss the crowd. I was on here before as Jenai. Which is my name...just not my first name. Lisa is my first name. So I'd like to rejoin if you don't mind.

I've been seriously struggling again. I write a blog and the other day I wrote a post about the realization that I think I actually have an eating disorder. Compulsive overeating disorder is what it's called. Binge-Repent-Repeat. That's what they say the cycle is. And that's pretty much what I do. I am too obsessed with food in all ways. I made a decision tonight that I think I am going to find a therapist that may be able to help me with my emotionally charged eating habits. I think I'm going to make some calls tomorrow. Maybe therapy will help with my mental illness as well (bipolar, anxiety disorder, schizoaffective disorder, yea me)

If I'm here sporadically please understand that my usual tendency when depressed is to avoid, detach and isolate (which was another blog post). It's hard for me to stay connected when I'm on the bottom side of the spectrum.

Wishing you all a good week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.