Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon! >

Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon!

Old 01-11-2015, 10:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
My crockpot pork shoulder roast came out perfect--moist and tender. One of the best I ever made. I'll add some of it to the pot of homemade veggie soup tomorrow and some will go to fajitas if I remember to get some low fat sour cream. I've got low carb tortillas, and DH bought himself an avocado of which he ate only half.
MMMM... fajitas!! I haven't had them in months and I really love them... putting that on the menu this week!

I spent the weekend cleaning my house and caring for my ailing kitty. Today I have to make lesson plans and catch up on marking - I've been kinda flying by the seat of my pants in the classroom, and it's been going well enough but I need to focus this week and catch up.

I just finished munching 50g chocolate chips (140 cal) and I definitely get the munchies every time I sit down to work. I'm not sure if it's just a destraction/procrastination tactic, or what, but it seems like the days I spend at my desk are the hardest not to snack. I will make a BIIIIG pot of herbal/fruity tea and see if that helps.

Enjoy your Sunday, all
Old 01-11-2015, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, Roxy. Vicki (rosabella) and Lisa put me onto the fajita idea. So nice to share ideas to help keep one another from getting in a rut. How's your kitty doing? If you posted it before, I missed it--what age students and what subject/s do you teach? One could do a whole lot worse than 120grams or 140 calories of chocolate chips. Hah--housework--I got a bonus today doing that. I opened a drawer to a side table to put away the tablet charger my grandson left out and found a Russell Stover sugar free chocolate pecan patty. Didn't know there were any left. Yummy! That's as fun as finding a quarter at the bottom of the washing machine. Good plan on the herbal fruity tea. I hope that helps with the munchies.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:49 PM
FitDay Member

Mern: One of my best friends is allergic to chicken and eggs. That would be a death sentence for me since I eat some form of chicken almost daily!

We went with friends for Chinese today. Chinese has been a time for me to binge in the past, but today was different. I ate only 4 pieces of California roll rather than the 16 I usually eat. I had a small bit of pickled ginger, half of a baked chicken thigh, one dipper of egg drop soup, a baked mozz stick, broccoli, honeydew melon and tasted the baked salmon and pollock. I ate NO crab wontons, nothing fried, nothing greasy and 1 glass of diet soda. I used only two plates today. While this may be normal eating for some, believe me, I can and have eaten 10 times this on occasion. When I left, I was comfortably full but not stuffed! That's a victory! Vicki
Old 01-11-2015, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Ladies, I fell off the wagon over the weekend. On the bright side, the previous 5 days were much better that I have been in a long time. So I won't beat myself up over it. I just know that I won't hop on the scale for a couple days.

See y'all again tomorrow!
Old 01-11-2015, 02:28 PM
FitDay Member

Not a good day for me.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:23 PM
FitDay Member

Saturday was not good for me. I took the Christmas tree down and felt sad that all the holiday fun was over. I got into some things that put my calorie count over the top. Today I did much better so I hope it didn't do too much damage. Tomorrow starts a brand new week.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:51 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Hi, Roxy. Vicki (rosabella) and Lisa put me onto the fajita idea. So nice to share ideas to help keep one another from getting in a rut. How's your kitty doing? If you posted it before, I missed it--what age students and what subject/s do you teach?
Kitty is not good. Unfortunately it is unlikely that she will make it more than a few more days. We are spending as much time with her as we can, cuddling and snuggling and just being with her. She hasn't had food or water in 6 days. She is on antibiotics and pain meds, and growing weaker by the day. Even with an appetite stimulant she would not eat. We know we're going to lose her... so it's one day at a time right now. She's been in my life 6 years (but is 15 years old), I'm going to miss her

I teach Grade 8 & 9 English, and Grade 9 Social Studies. It's a tough gig, but also can be fun. This is my first year with my own classroom so I'm thrilled about that. Teaching on call is wonderful (variety! lighter workload!) BUT having my own classroom was a really nice change from the feast-or-famine of sub work (and I can walk 2 blocks to work instead of driving long commutes to whatever school needs me).

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Ladies, I fell off the wagon over the weekend. On the bright side, the previous 5 days were much better that I have been in a long time. So I won't beat myself up over it. I just know that I won't hop on the scale for a couple days. See y'all again tomorrow!
Great attitude! One weekend of not-so-great choices is not the end of the road. You've got this

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
Not a good day for me.
That's OK! You are still awesome This one day will not hinder your success in the long haul. Start fresh and clean. Every day is a new day. Heck, every bite and every meal is a fresh chance to make a better choice!
Old 01-11-2015, 03:55 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
Saturday was not good for me. I took the Christmas tree down and felt sad that all the holiday fun was over. I got into some things that put my calorie count over the top. Today I did much better so I hope it didn't do too much damage. Tomorrow starts a brand new week.
Looks like you're in good company! I think quite a few of us went over this weekend. Maybe we need a weekenders support group :lol:
Old 01-11-2015, 06:42 PM
FitDay Member

Week ends are the hardest time for me. Every one is home and some one is always eating something. It makes it too hard to resist some times. I just need to keep my main goal in mind and that is to lose weight.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:57 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Ladies, I fell off the wagon over the weekend. On the bright side, the previous 5 days were much better that I have been in a long time. So I won't beat myself up over it. I just know that I won't hop on the scale for a couple days.

See y'all again tomorrow!
I could have wrote this post myself! I did get in my workouts this weekend, but I also had too much wine and snacks ....but my entire week was entirely better than the past several months!