FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread Dec 29 to Jan 4 - Ringing in the new you. (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/11628-motivational-thread-dec-29-jan-4-ringing-new-you.html)

rainbow24 12-29-2014 01:41 AM

Motivational Thread Dec 29 to Jan 4 - Ringing in the new you.

I would like to welcome the new people to the forum. UserNameOverload, I hope you can post with us.

Vicki, I knew there was a reason I needed to be here. I hope we can lose all our excess together. I really thought I could do this alone, but I am coming to count on people being here on the forum as well as a few new friends I have met on the trail.

I'm going for 3.75 miles a day now. Shortened walk on Thursday so I can have breakfast and shower before Piano.

Breakfasts - I am putting sugar back, in the form of 1 tablespoon of fruit syrup in my oats or on my waffle. I lost more weight when I allowed that.

Lunches - I'm going for homemade soups this week.

Dinners - Fish twice, salad every day, at least one more cup of vegetables.

2 liters of water daily

rainbow24 12-29-2014 03:39 AM

Shoot! I just walked 2.75 miles in 1 hour. That is faster than last week, but it burned less calories according to the Activity Log.

I wonder how many calories I burned trying to keep my temperature regulated in the biting wind coming from the north.

libby135 12-29-2014 04:29 AM

I am down a half a pound so the water is working. My rings are a bit looser too. Now we have the new year to look forward to.

rainbow24 12-29-2014 01:37 PM

Way to go, Libby!

rosabella2012 12-29-2014 03:56 PM

Yeah, Libby!

Annette: You'll be running before long!

I'm still at 293 as of this morning. Went grocery shopping for items on my food plan today. Getting ready to get back in my groove. Got a beef roast to fix for new Year's Day with carrots/onions for all and potatoes for a few--just not me! Looking forward to 2015. Vicki

rainbow24 12-29-2014 06:56 PM

Not unless they make iron bras to hold these babies up.

rainbow24 12-30-2014 01:00 AM

I went shopping yesterday and bought a treat for myself in the form of low sodium crackers. I overdid it with snacking.

No more treats unless I can control my urges.

MossStar 12-30-2014 03:19 AM

Wishing everyone luck with their weight loss plan. My goal the last 2 weeks has been to not gain weight during the holidays, need to weigh myself, hope I stuck to my goal. My pants fit the same, Usually if I gain a few pounds my waistband feels tighter.
Did a low impact aerobics video a few days. I do miss walking, it is dark after work, I will start walking on weekends again.

Took a few days off from work, did lots of cleaning, went to bed at 6 PM a few nights without eating dinner.

I also started making smoothies with fruit, kale, lactaid milk or water, sometimes I add in peanuts or oatmeal or non-fat yogurt, I drink one for breakfast or dinner...this seems to be helping to not gain weight.

Good Luck to all in the New Year!!! ;)

UserNameOverload 12-31-2014 12:28 AM

Happy New Year to everyone. You are all very inspiring to me. Thank you so much. It's been 6 days and I overate one one day, but did well on the other days. It is a HUGE improvement from all the overeating I was doing up until then. Mental commitment, mindful eating, and logging everything in my food journal. I am in the honeymoon period--you know, that first week where you lose the most; probably a lot of it is water--and the scale is down 6 pounds. I weighed every day, but the fluctuations made me anxious, so I might go back to weighing once a week. May 2015 bring us all the goals we want to meet, and better health!

libby135 12-31-2014 01:32 AM

I wish us all the best in 2015.