Notices

Need Motivation-Gained because of chronic illness

Old 12-18-2014, 06:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default Need Motivation-Gained because of chronic illness

Hi Everyone,

I have not used this site in years. I used to be pretty healthy. I was a slightly overweight athlete and ran a few marathons. Due to stress and some major losses I was diagnosed with fatty liver disease about a year ago. My asthma had a flair up and took steroids to help me breathe better. I gained some weight and now am 223 pounds as a 5'5 woman when I used to be 160 to 170 and still felt healthy. I'm not depressed about my gain as I can breathe and I can eat foods as long as they are low fat and I can not overeat without severe pain.

It is scary, but I am looking for support as I become a healthy person both emotionally as well as in my body. I'm so overwhelmed though. Living with this disease I may not want to eat at all. I have the clear to eat solids again, but have forgotten how to even eat well to support weight loss and. Has anyone else ever come back from a major illness with no idea how to start again?

Last edited by Ilikechocolate; 12-18-2014 at 06:24 AM. Reason: weight
Old 12-18-2014, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

what doctor said you about it?
Old 12-18-2014, 07:40 AM
FitDay Member

My doctor was been supportive of weight loss as it will help my condition and gave me an ok to start working out again, but slowly.

I'm just starting now to be able to move and it is scary, but good.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:37 AM
FitDay Member

Coming back from major illness.

I had a heart attack in June/July. I have been on the mend ever since. I was completely terrified and had to start slow, working up to where I am now for exercise and revamp my entire way of eating.

Welcome to our group. Feel free to join us on the weekly threads and weigh ins.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:32 PM
FitDay Member

It is very good that you are not sad about your weight gain and you sholudn't be. Good thing is that you have overcome your bad health. According to me you should maintain a diet plan with high proteins and less calories. All the best.