Notices

Motivational Thread Dec 15-21 Let's do it!

Old 12-18-2014, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

I got my walk in yesterday. Only a mile, but I didn't overdo it. Water was good, but not quite 2L.

On with my day. It's a busy one.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Weighed this morning and I now weight 293! Wow, I just might get to my mini-goal of 285 by the end of the year and if not, I can get close to it! That's exciting for me since I've not been this low in years, maybe 8 or at least 7. now to plan today's meals--maybe roasted chicken, broccoli and beets w/ raspberry vinegar for lunch; I'm thinking boiled cabbage, carrot slaw and baked fish for supper. Vicki
Old 12-18-2014, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Ilikechocolate
Hi! I'm a new user and I would like motivation.

I have been very sick and under a lot of stress. Now that I am recovering I get to spend time on my health and weight. I weight in at 223 pounds this morning and am not thrilled, but I don't want to beat myself up either.

Also, does anyone know how to edit or change signatures in this system? I'd like to post my mini and large goals to share with everyone.
you need to start doing sports
Old 12-18-2014, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Hi! I'm a new user and I would like motivation.

I have been very sick and under a lot of stress. Now that I am recovering I get to spend time on my health and weight. I weight in at 223 pounds this morning and am not thrilled, but I don't want to beat myself up either.

Also, does anyone know how to edit or change signatures in this system? I'd like to post my mini and large goals to share with everyone.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go Vicki. I hope to get under 300 early in the new year.

Hi, Ilikechocolate. I am just over 300 lbs and only 2 inches taller than you. I was also diagnosed with asthma when I was quite young, but have had it under control for a lot of years. My last attack was over three years ago. I don't have asthma meds on hand because the shelf life isn't long enough to warrant keeping it in the cupboard.
I have been feeling pretty good, as I increase my exercise regime and lose weight with an altered food intake. I mostly eat low sodium, nearly sugar free, and low fat.
Glad to have you as part of the group.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

I walked yesterday, didn't get my water, and we went out for Chinese food last night. The place I go to will do almost anything on the menu without salt or soy sauce.
Yeah!

I know this is going to sound creepy, but yesterday the manager of the produce department commented that I'm wasting away to nothing. Small community mentality where everyone knows each other.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Annette for the support! I'm also an asthmatic and had a bad attack a few months ago where I had to go back on short term steroids which caused a 12 pound gain. So frustrating!

I ate air popped popcorn as a snack and now don't want to weigh myself because of the water weight due to the salt. Ugh, popcorn is a safe food for my body, but I am so salt sensitive!

I've heard people say things like someone was "wasting away" when they showed weight loss. I think it has been a culturally accepted thing to say for many communities and was seen as a supportive thing to say. Some people may not like those comments and I support that as well.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

My dentist has made me promise to stay away from popcorn. I guess if I want to spend the big bucks on crowns, I can have it again. Even when I did eat it, it was salt free.

I am happier hearing that I'm "wasting away" than to hear a man say that I'm "looking good." Every person is different, making it so hard to say something nice. Childhood difficulties shaped my way of accepting compliments.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:13 AM
FitDay Member

I too have asthma--don't know exactly when diagnosed but I don't ever remember NOT having it--spent time in croup tents as a child, vaporizer, the whole bit. I'm currently on 7 meds for it and most of the time it's pretty well controlled. I have many triggers: odors, certain cleaners, perfumes, certain cig, pipe and wood fire smoke odors, weather, cold temps, high humidity. etc. I've been on Pred many, many times and have the moon-face and round belly to prove it! (I've often thought that Santa was asthmatic due to his 'round belly' and wondered if he was, why he went down a chimney?) Pred makes you absolutely ravenous, especially for carbs! And even if you don't eat, you're still gonna hold water and be 'spongy'!

Annette: Congrats on doing your walking regardless of the weather--it's cold and rainy here and I'm inside hugging the heater with my chihuahua! Brrr!

Has anyone on here bought any of the low-carb/Paleo breads offered online by Julian Bakery? If so, what's your thoughts--worth the price or not? Vicki
Old 12-19-2014, 02:22 PM
FitDay Member

Cold and rainy here too. Our town is under a rain warning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.