Notices

Motivational Thread Dec 15-21 Let's do it!

Old 12-20-2014, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Annette: Just curious, what's a 'rain warning'?

Still cold and damp, but at least the rain's let up for a while. Vicki
Old 12-20-2014, 12:16 PM
FitDay Member

It just means that they expect enough rain to flood certain areas. We live on high ground, so it's all good, but the ditch at the end of our driveway floods over onto the road.
Then we have to be careful leaving our neighbourhood because there is another spot that floods. I've had to go the long way around some times.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

I looked in the mirror this morning and saw that fat me again. Granted I am still severely obese, but I need to look at things in perspective. It's time for me to ask someone to take a picture.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

I had to go clothing shopping for new bigger clothes so I would have something nice to wear for Christmas. This year I have gained 22 pounds so none of my good clothes fit me. It was awful trying on pants and tops that show all my rolls of fat. I did manage to find some pull on pants and a sheer blouse with a camisole that is long enough to hide my body. Now I have to hem the pants. I am not in the mood for celebrating.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry to hear that, Libby. Keep working towards your goal and don't let the set back get to you.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:45 AM
FitDay Member

Annette: I know just how difficult it is to sometimes see the results of healthy eating in ourselves. We need feedback from others, too. While you can't be seen by those on this forum, we can see by your postings that you're doing good things for yourself. And doing good for your physical and emotional health can NEVER be a bad thing!

Libby: I know how discouraging it is to have to shop for bigger clothes. I've had to do that so many times, I've lost count! I've got clothes is every size imaginable--in fact as I've lost weight, folks think I've bought new clothes--WRONG, I'm just wearing clothes they haven't seen in years!

I was able to get into a pair of my daughter's skinny jeans 24W last night. Now, the one thing I definitely ain't is 'skinny', but it sure felt good to have them on for a while! Honestly, I looked like I'd been 'melted and poured' into them--those things are tight--stretchy and comfortable, but tight. Even though it may be the current style, it's not MY style. I won't be buying any 'skinny' jeans for me! Vicki
Old 12-22-2014, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

The pants I bought are size 16 and the shirt is size XL. I was in size M last year
but I had a lot of medical issues and the meds and stress put the weight on.
I am not on any meds now although my doctor is threatening me with them if I don't lose weight. I just don't know what to do and what I am doing isn't working.