Notices

Motivational Thread Dec 8-14 Jumping into a new week

Old 12-10-2014, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday was a complete washout for me. All day power outage when you're on a well can be a bummer.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:24 AM
FitDay Member

I took the youngest boy out for lunch today. He wanted Burger King so that it was. He ordered his kids meal and I asked for a salad only to be told they weren't doing salads anymore; so I had to settle for a diet drink until I could get a salad elsewhere. Man, those burgers were smelling wonderful to my hungry tummy but I didn't eat one! I've been having a lot more hunger and cravings lately. Not sure if it's the season, hormones or a combination of both. I've been taking vitamins at night along with my medicine but that was causing nausea. Now I'm being told to take vitamins during the day with meals and med at night with a snack. Nausea is so much better, but cravings are more. Ah, well, life is all about working things out and adjustment! Vicki
Old 12-10-2014, 12:19 PM
FitDay Member

Great job Vicki.

We had a power outage yesterday, so I did have the burger. I had the sauces and bacon pulled, switched to a whole grain bun and low sodium cheese.

Anyway, I'm here with exciting news. I wore my baggy size 28 jeans and 4X top to go out shopping. Clothing shopping!
I bought size 20 jeans and size 24 blouse.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation

Mike, I was originally for moving the thread to a more inclusive thread, and still think that 'Motivation' is more appropriate than Women Only.

I know I only post here four or five times a year lately, but I do like to check in once in a while to see what's up. In my pre-maintainence state I think posting my goals definitely helped. Now that I'm in maintenance for a couple of years (I seem to have lost count) I came back for a dose of camaraderie.

Weighed myself two days ago and I'm still 115, (okay 115.5) and still 5'2" (or 5' 2.5"). Now since I should put some motivational content in this post, here are -

My Holiday Party Rules:

• Don't go in hungry. (If, for instance, going straight from the office, drink lots of water first - at least a full glass - to feel more full.)
  • Choose protein over carbs
  • Survey the sweets before opting for one
  • As always .. stick to alcohol limit.

- Donna
Old 12-11-2014, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rosabella2012
[..] Burger King [isn't] doing salads anymore; so I had to settle for a diet drink until I could get a salad elsewhere. Man, those burgers were smelling wonderful to my hungry tummy but I didn't eat one! I've been having a lot more hunger and cravings lately. [..]
Could it be the diet soda is making you feel hungry? I found unsweetened tea helped considerably more than diet drinks.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

Well, today starts the biggest challenge of my entire year concerning maintenance. Today I will start making all of the holiday cookies, fudge, caramel corn, etc. that is expected to make our family holiday. Not making it or making it healthier is not an option. Long ago, I was kind of chosen as the one who would carry on all of our family traditions as the prior generation of women became too old to do so. I have also always made donations of goodies to area folks and organizations who can't do for themselves. Since all of my family is tall and thin and doesn't need to watch their weight, except me, the trick is to provide what they want without eating it. Wish me luck!

This is usually where my food plan goes out the window and I resume in January. Let's hope that I can keep it together this year. After 4 years of maintenance, you think I would know how to do this. Living in a cold weather region makes it a little easier, as most people here either store the goodies in storage bins in their freezer, garage, (or car trunk... lol). As long as it's not on the counter, I should be ok. Kids won't be home from university until the 20th, so I can hide it away until then, anyway. Last year, I wrapped the bins around and around with masking tape! Haha! Well, whatever works, right?? =)
Old 12-11-2014, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

I walked yesterday. Not my full 2 1/2 miles, but I got to 2. I turned around because the people I walked with only go that far. Older couple and their rambunctious dog.

Water was good yesterday. The salad saved me when it came to vegetables.

For my salad I put a medium tomato in an older mixing bowl and chop it with a hand held chopper. Then I add 1/2 any color sweet pepper and a 3 inch piece of long English cucumber. Chop those in. I choose a type of onion to use. Red, sweet, or green. Anything from a few slices to 1/4 of an onion. More of the green onion. Chop that well. Finally I add a handful of baby spinach and a few leaves of head lettuce. Chop some more.

I usually eat about half of it and save the other half for the next meal. As a dressing I use a little flax oil.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rainbow24
Great job Vicki.

We had a power outage yesterday, so I did have the burger. I had the sauces and bacon pulled, switched to a whole grain bun and low sodium cheese.

Anyway, I'm here with exciting news. I wore my baggy size 28 jeans and 4X top to go out shopping. Clothing shopping!
I bought size 20 jeans and size 24 blouse.
That's incredible, Annette! 4 sizes smaller in jeans!! What an accomplishment! I bet you're getting some nice compliments from friends and family!
Old 12-12-2014, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Quinn. Good luck with the goodies. I discovered that making myself a sugar free version of something helps cut the cravings.

Power was out all night. Even though I didn't feel like walking, I went out to survey the damage. Turns out that rather than the huge power outage I expected it was our street and the house across the street. Total of 5 houses. I had to step over the cut up branches on the road and could see that they didn't get the power line as high as it was before.

So I got my walk. Had my veggies yesterday, but not my water. I tend to not drink as much when I am out because I don't want to find public restrooms to use.
I got a clean bill of health from the doctor. I still have to stick with my meds for another 6 months, then start weaning off some of them.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

How is everyone's weekend going?

I haven't been exercising, but I am so busy that my body is tired. Our town's Christmas parade was last night and I was left in charge of a kid that isn't mine. No, I didn't volunteer. The mom just dropped him off in the parking lot without even checking in with us.

Notices are going out on Tuesday to frown on that kind of behaviour.