Notices

Motivational Thread Dec 8-14 Jumping into a new week

Old 12-08-2014, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Thread Dec 8-14 Jumping into a new week

Renewed efforts coming up here. Making changes because what I did last month wasn't working.

Walking:
  • Monday, Wednesday, Friday 2.5 miles rain or shine
  • Tuesday, Thursday 1 mile
Other exercise:
  • Stretches - Monday, Wednesday, Friday
  • Weights - Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Water:
  • 3 liters a day
Food:
  • Fish on Tuesday and Friday
  • Daily salad
  • Daily legumes
Old 12-08-2014, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

It's good to be back! Had an active weekend with two boys--4, almost 5 and 8 yr old. We celebrated the 4, almost 5's birthday with homemade cake, ice cream, lasagna and all that. Finished off some gifts and got them ready to deliver this week. Hopefully we'll finish Christmas shopping this week, get the tree up this weekend and be set to enjoy the rest of the year! Got another Christmas celebration to attend this weekend at church and that should end the social calendar for the year and leave time for 'just family' fun!

I managed to do almost half of an exercise video this morning! I'll see how I feel in the morning and maybe do it again for a bit longer. Progress!

I've found some new items at my local Wal-mart: salad dressings made with Greek yogurt in the refrigerated section of the fresh vegetables (love the Cilantro Lime) and Greek yogurt-based dips (Cucumber Dill is the boys' fav and great on burgers; Spinach is my fav and great for veggies, baked chicken, fish and to nosh!).

Annette: I don't do as good as you on the water but I try--about 10 cups per day, maybe 11 is all I can manage. Good job on the walking!

Time to plan for tomorrow! Vicki
Old 12-08-2014, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

I'm looking for opinions. I know the end of the year is usually a struggle and the Motivational Thread is slower than normal. Lately it's been extremely slow.

A couple years ago, the Motivational Thread was located in the woman's only section. Of course, men would be welcomed, although for years I was the only guy.

Do y'all think there are women in the women's section that just aren't venturing out? Should we move it back to the women's section or do y'all think it won't have a positive impact?

I just ask because I know when there are only a few active members in a thread, the thread will eventually die a miserable death. I would hate to see that happen, because I've gained so much from it. I also know that as long as I'm not active, I'm part of the problem, not the solution.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:29 AM
FitDay Member

Mike,

I think it's just the time of the year. Only the truly devoted are dieting through the holidays. Wait until January 1st. Then I think we'll be overrun with converts. lol

I've been around and still on the wagon... down 11 lbs. since Halloween, which is about my limit, so I haven't been posting much. Most people are indulging and enjoying this time of year, only to pay for it after the holidays. Don't worry... they'll be back.

Well, time to watch the Pack! =)
Old 12-08-2014, 11:28 AM
FitDay Member

There's a women's section?

Oh yeah, I posted in there once back in July maybe.

I have to keep this up. It's life or death for me. So I won't go away this time. As long as I have somewhere to post my weekly goals, even with an empty echo.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:17 PM
FitDay Member

I think it's simply the holiday season--folks are busy with work, shopping, family, parties and such. I know it's tough for me but I want to be accountable, eat healthy and make better food choices nutritionally. If I want to have any quality of life, I have to get healthy and that means losing weight and taking better care of myself. FitDay helps me do this and you all help me stay motivated! Vicki
Old 12-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, sounds good. We'll leave it here. Yeah come January 1st, it'll be busy.

Congrats quinine pop on the 11 pound drop!
Old 12-09-2014, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I went and checked the women's section. We still have more activity here. I think the last new post there was in Nov.

Yesterday:
I walked 2.5 miles, worked on the farm, had a doctor's appointment, and made dinner.
I came up just short of my 12 glasses a day.
Salad for lunch and lots of vegetable for dinner.

Today: It sounds too windy to walk. I'll decide when the sun comes up.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, great idea. Though it is the holidays, many dieters are taking a break shopping and indulging in holiday sweets. It will pick up at the start of the new year.

I read the motivational threads a few times a month, but rarely post, maybe others are doing the same.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Went to visit out of town relatives yesterday for an early pre-Christmas and totally blew the food plan for the entire day. Paying dearly today... what a food hangover! Feel so nauseous from eating foods that I haven't touched in 2+ months. Yuck! =(

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.