Notices

Motivational Thread - Dec 1-7 Facing challenges

Old 12-04-2014, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

Can anyone hear the echo in here?

Wednesday. Again I planned a little less on the mileage, but I ended up going 2.25 miles. That means I only have 3/4 of a mile left on my goal.
The downside - I had to massage horse liniment into my left foot last night to ease the pain. I should take a day off to rest the muscles.

I managed all my water, but... My lab work came back with a kidney problem. I need to talk to a doctor about what to do about it. Water increase might be a start.

I tried a new vegetable recipe yesterday, so along with that "easy" carrot I had, I got enough vegetables yesterday. I bought some greens to make lunch salads.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

Old 12-04-2014, 10:20 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
It's not feeling like December lately.
What's up, Buttercup? You know what you need?? SNOW!!
Old 12-04-2014, 11:38 PM
Banned

Happy Friday everybody!

Annette good job on walking
Rosa u loss wt during holidays very good!!

Don't forget to weigh in on Fridays on the designated post
Old 12-05-2014, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

I was off to the doctor yesterday and he noticed the change in me. I am on a few extra supplements to just help along my recovery. One is a mild diuretic so I wont have an excuse to weight fluctuations. Starting the regime this morning.

I didn't walk yesterday because my foot was so sore the night before. It looks like I have to alternate days from now on. I will walk this morning.

Great on veggies yesterday. I made a wonderful salad for lunch and then had squash and tomatoes at dinner. I am not sure I should count my sweet potatoes at breakfast because technically they are a starch, but they have needed vitamins.

I upped my water minimum to 3L per day. The reason for this is a high protein reading in my urine. One of the questions I asked my doctor yesterday. I need to flush my kidneys out and while I am willing to increase water intake, I'm not going overboard.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

I walked again Friday. 2.25 miles bringing my total for the week to 9.5 miles. I may cap it at that.

My new water level is 2L, plus 500 ml, plus 591 ml. I filled my bottles yesterday morning and emptied them all. It was hilarious when I was feeding my grandson yesterday and he kept trying to push his bottle away for mine.

Doing fantastic on the vegetable servings. Lunch consists of a hearty salad. Spinach leaves, yellow pepper, cucumber, sweet onion, tomato, and a little lettuce, drizzled with flax seed oil. Then I can finish my veggies with an evening side dish.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday I had a really nice visit with an old friend. We could be twins in that we are both short and heavy. Her husband is encouraging her to be more active, swimming, biking and going for long walks. They go to a trailer park on week ends for six months of the year. She was recently let go from her job and will be spending more time at the trailer this year. She asked me if I would like to go with her for a few days and I said yes. Now I have to get into
shape so I can keep up with her. I have been feeling blaa lately and I needed
some thing to pick me up.
Rainbow, good job on all the walking, drinking water and eating more vegies.
Rosa, good job on the holiday weight loss.
It's very quiet around here. Some body tell us a funny story.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

From Reader's Digest, Australia:

On our wedding night, we booked into an attractive-looking motel. The receptionist told us all they had left was the Honeymoon Cottage – and we couldn’t resist telling him that was just what we were looking for.

Checking out the next morning, I told the receptionist that I had found the décor in our cottage particularly attractive.

“They’re all alike,” he informed us. “We call it the Honeymoon Cottage because the TV set is broken.”
J. Morrison
Reader's Digest Australia | Articles, Stories, Tips & Ideas to Simplify and Enrich your Everyday Life
Old 12-06-2014, 03:24 PM
FitDay Member

Good story Kathy.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Good incentive, Libby.

I had to work a short day yesterday. It didn't stop me.

Just over 3L of water, Sat is not a walking day, fantastic on the vegetables. I sure am glad I discovered a salad that tastes good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.