Notices

Motivational Thread Nov 24-30 Learning from mistakes

Old 11-26-2014, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

Great workout, Libby. I was a part of a series of aqua fit classes back about 15 years ago. Each instructor had a different focus. I remember the Saturday class was a heavy duty workout, while the Mon, Wed, Fri class was more stretching and focusing. The Tues, Thurs class focused on lower body. I went for the shallow classes back then for two reasons, I wanted more impact, and second, I don't float.
I won't say that I lost weight, but that is the nature of my weight loss history. It always takes so much more for me to lose weight. My cousin resorted to starvation to lose weight. In fact I don't know anyone in my family that is thin without severe action to get that way.
The aqua-fit did tone muscles.

Thanks for the pep talk, Quinn. I just turned 55 on Monday. Completely different diet and exercise than when I was 30. Lack of exercise is what got me into this trouble, why would I stop now?

Water intake - 8 glass minimum Yes Tuesdays are bad
Serving sizes - All things in moderation Yes Birthday dinner
5 walks - 7 1/2 mile minimum 7.5- Monday 2.5=5- Tuesday 1.5=3.5- Wednesday 1.75=1.75 miles to go

Last edited by rainbow24; 11-26-2014 at 03:41 AM.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I haven't been here in a while, just on daily weigh in. I am starting aqua fit tonight and wondered if any one else lost weight with this kind of exercise? Being in water won't put pressure on my joints and I hope to get a good work out with little or no pain. What do you think?
Old 11-26-2014, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, aqua fit is a great way to burn calories safely. Easy on the joints while giving you a good cardio workout. Have fun tonight!

Annette, was it you that told about 29 and holding? I told someone the whole thing and they laughed for about 10 minutes! One of my favorite lines ever! =)

I'm just learning how to "drive" my over 50 body. (I swear we should get an instruction manual or something! lol) My body chemistry is different, where I put on weight is different, skin, hair, joints... you name it, it's different. It only makes sense that our food choices, etc. have to change, too. Only you know your body and what works. I have 2 female doctors that are about my age that give me such good advice and helpful hints... Easy, natural tips that I've never heard male physicians give. Sorry guys! It's just that men have never been a 50 y/o woman before, right? lol

Today started out great. I had a long list of errands to do. So I got up early, successfully accomplished them all, ran through a drive-thru to pick up my favorite coffee, pulled in the driveway to grab the mail and then it happened. My car that I just bought in August, decided that it preferred to remain in "park". Nothing I could do would move the gearshift lever. I was so close to bringing my first cup of coffee into the house and patting myself on the back for accomplishing my list! After an hour of trying to figure it out, I called a tow truck and off my new car went. Just out of warranty, too.

How do cars know that it's Christmas and always pick this time of year to hand us bills? lol Oh well... it could have been worse. At least it happened in my driveway.

I could have been angry and had a big, fat burger and fries and washed it down with an eggnog shake, but I'm stranded at home... the one advantage of having your car towed away! =) So a turkey spinach wrap it was. Waiting for my mechanic to call with the grand total. Ugh.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:42 PM
FitDay Member

Happy Birthday Annette.
Quinn, I hope you get your car back soon. Aqua fit was a work out but I enjoyed it and am going back for more. Funny thing, my weight is up two pounds this morning and I don't know why.

Last edited by libby135; 11-26-2014 at 11:49 PM.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:45 PM
FitDay Member

Good job on not going for the burger fries and shake.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

Just wanted to pop in quickly and wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving! I just have to keep telling myself that it's just one meal. I think I have my game plan figured out. But, after a glass of wine or two, it may all go out the window.

My poor car won't be back until Monday or Tuesday. With the holiday, he didn't even get a chance to look at it, but assures me that it's a quick fix, electrical in nature.

Have a wonderful holiday with family and friends and try not to stress over food too much... tomorrow is another day. =)
Old 11-27-2014, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

I've decided to blame the American Thanksgiving for my weight gain this morning.
Actually I feel like all the rain we are getting is seeping into my pores and filling me up like a sponge. Drinking water is a chore because I already feel saturated. I will put on my rain poncho and walk in an hour.

Busy day ahead.
  • Walk
  • Piano lessons
  • Writers group
  • Strata meeting

Water intake - 8 glass minimum Yes, No, Yes
Serving sizes - All things in moderation Yes, No, Not quite, but closer
5 walks - 7 1/2 mile minimum Monday 2.5 Tuesday 1.5 Wednesday 1.75 Thursday 1.5 =.25 miles to go

Last edited by rainbow24; 11-27-2014 at 03:27 AM.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Still feeling waterlogged. Yesterday's walk was not for the faint of heart. Wind and rain pounding into my face for 1/4 mile.

Today, I slept in, but I am heading out in about 15 minutes. When I get back I am taking a hot shower and then off to get my blood work done for the month. Hope they find a vein without too many bruises.

Water intake - 8 glass minimum Yes, No, Yes, Yes and then some
Serving sizes - All things in moderation Yes, No, Not quite, Yes
5 walks - 7 1/2 mile minimum Monday 2.5 Tuesday 1.5 Wednesday 1.75 Thursday 1.5 Friday 1.5 = 8.75 miles

Last edited by rainbow24; 11-28-2014 at 03:16 AM.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator

I'm sorry ladies for Enzo's garbage. He's been taken care of. I can't guarantee that he won't be back under a different name. If you see a post the reeks of "Enzo" please immediately bring it to my attention... And DO NOT click the link.

I should have banned him when I first saw his link. I gave him a chance that I normally don't give because I saw he actually took the time to respond to the members... Unfortunately, I didn't take the time to read his replies.

Once again, I'm sorry ladies and keep a watchful eye out for him.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:13 AM
Super Moderator

Libby, probably so. Or they are out shopping (waiting in long lines)

Quinniepoo, how 'bout dem Saints? I tried warning you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.