Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread - Nov 17-23 Getting ready for the Holiday Season >

Motivational Thread - Nov 17-23 Getting ready for the Holiday Season

Notices

Motivational Thread - Nov 17-23 Getting ready for the Holiday Season

Old 11-19-2014, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

It's so hard to tell with the Saints. You never know which team is going to show up on game day. I hope you are right though.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday was one of those days where if anything could go wrong, it would.

First of all, I am trying to drive with only a working left hand signal. That kind of set the tone for my day.
I only walked half of my morning walk because I was running a bit late. I had to take a friend and her baby to the doctor in another town. That part of the day went well. I had to make the odd right hand turn, but there was never traffic behind me and thankfully no police.
After I took her home, I had three personal errands to run. I only completed one and half of another before I had to go pick up another friend to take her out for a birthday treat. I ended up taking her to a farmer's market for shopping and a country feed store for pet supplies.
Yeah, so far it seems like all my friends are non-drivers, but I assure you, most of them do drive.
The second friend didn't want to let me go, but I had to feed my family before I went to writer's group. I guess I had to eat as well, but it wasn't to be.
The moment I drove in the driveway, the power went out.
So...
An hour later, there I was with a flashlight, standing in the middle of my bed, peering into the back of my closet looking for some smaller item of clothing. My jeans were feeling like they were riding way too low. I have an image to maintain and it doesn't involve low riding pants and wife-beater t-shirts. Not that I own those type of t-shirts, but when the arms ride low and show my bra it sure feels like it.
I wore a jean skirt and put a blouse over the t-shirt.
Book club was great, but when I left I turned in to the first fast food place on the left hand side of the road. I got a veggie pizza for me, but pizza is pizza. High salt, high fat.
Oh well, it made me feel a little like a teenager yesterday. I lived on pizza and peanut butter all day long and my pants were too low while my shirt was too revealing.

Today, I finish my errand, get the turn signal fixed, cook dinner while the power is on, scrub the kitchen floor, and spend a little time looking for something better to wear.
I forgot, I have piano this morning, so I better get out on my walk on time.

I hope I feel up to squeezing an hour in with my Thursday writing group.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning!

Annette, what an awful day you had! Car issues are one of my biggest pet peeves. That along with people who have forgotten how to drive on ice and snow over the summer... but, that's a whole 'nuther story.

Power issues are tough in the north this time of year. Hope you were able to keep warm. We lose power occasionally in the winter during ice storms. If it weren't for our fireplace, I'm not sure what we would do. Thinking about installing a second one- one on each floor.

I think it's great that your part of a writing group... something that I would love to do. I just finished a book about a writing circle that ran out of fresh ideas, so one of the writers wrote a book about the lives of those in the writing circle. A fun book that I really enjoyed.

No weight loss for me for a few days. I'm afraid that I have bogged down in one of those pesky plateaus. I know what I have to do... don't get discouraged and keep going with everything I've been doing. This happens every time I get near my target weight. It's like my body's saying, "I bet you would love to be back at your goal weight, now wouldn't you?? Well, sister, not today." lol

Today I have a lot to catch up on around the house; a great day to do so as my husband has a business lunch. Already have 3 loads of laundry under my belt, which I'm counting as exercise since I have 2 flights of stairs to go up and down to get to my laundry room. I have to stick around the house anyway as I'm expecting a Fed Ex delivery. Two 70L mountaineering backpacks that I bought for Christmas for daughter and her boyfriend. My daughter does 2-3 day back country expeditions with her internship and engineering major, checking out dams for water quality and performance. Next summer, she will be going to Africa (...yes, Ebola ridden Africa) to work on an engineering project in their back country. My sleepless nights have already begun over this matter, but I raised her to be a strong, adventurous, educated young woman and cannot step in her way now. Our family thinks I'm crazy for "letting" her go. But there is no stopping her even if I could. She will be on the east coast, but it still makes me sick just thinking about it.

A long day around the house is going to mean an entire day with close proximity and ease to the kitchen. Hopefully, I can keep busy enough to stay out of trouble. A left over turkey burger from last night will be my lunch. =)

Have a great day! =)
Old 11-20-2014, 04:39 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I'm so sorry to here about the death of your friend. I know how much your daughter and her children mean to you and I'm certain that this news of foreclosure is very hard on you. Sending love and hugs to you and your family. Please take care of yourself. Remember, "Apply your own oxygen mask first before assisting others."

My husband is a banker and I know that they will try (his bank anyway) to work with families when hard times hit. Don't let her give up too easily. There may be an answer. In the meantime, hang in there and I'll be thinking of you.

Quinn
Old 11-20-2014, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I have no idea how or why, but my reply ended up being posted before yours.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:14 AM
FitDay Member

I haven't read the posts, but Quinn, it's great to see your lovely face.

I haven't left the group--just some heavy stuff falling on our family right now with the death of a friend last weekend and our divorced daughter (with three children still at home) losing her house to foreclosure right before the holidays. Lost my motivation to eat cleanly but I'll try to get back on track soon.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, so I guess I'd better go count my many blessings.

Hugs to all--
Old 11-20-2014, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

It looks like I've started a new story. It began Monday morning with the title. I saw it in a tree.

The Winter Nest

This morning I began the story with the first paragraph. Geese flying south got me thinking.
My hope is to add at least a paragraph every morning after my walk.

Technically, I live in the south. Of Canada. If we get snow, it doesn't last. If we get cold, it doesn't last. I'm wearing sandals today. Maybe not shorts and sleeveless, but still relatively warm in comparison with the rest of Canada.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

1 hour countdown till walk-time.

I have another busy day ahead of me, but I still hope to get a paragraph of Winter Nest, but a lot more of Bugs on Windshield written.

I have to plan my menu for next week because this week has not worked out for me.

Tonight for dinner, I have some sausage thawed. I had it made special order with lean meat and no added sodium. I will cut them, toss with onion and garlic and cook. Then add a can of salt free tomatoes and a mix of herbs and spices to give a Spanish flair. I would prefer to serve this with brown and wild rice, but I have to think of my family, so pasta it will be. I will just cook up a serving of pasta made with a flour alternative for me.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

Annette, I find it really easy to make up an evening meal menu for 2 weeks at a time. I never know what I'm going to have on a particular day. Rather I have everything in the house for 2 weeks worth of healthy evening meals. Sure, I may have to pick up a fresh ingredient here and there, but I have a master list with 10-12 meals, some easy and quick, some which require more prep, depending on the days activities.

Busy day for me preparing for the weekend. I actually did my 2 week shopping today, so the house is full of healthy alternatives. Usually go out on Friday nights, but the forecast is calling for freezing rain, so I'm going to stick close to home. I'm thinking maybe a veggie pizza and a movie. =)
Old 11-21-2014, 01:18 PM
FitDay Member

I'd love to plan my evening meals in advance, but DH changes his mind about what he wants VERY often. I do plan breakfast and lunch the day before. I try to always keep things I can eat or fix quickly on hand most of the time. Warmer temps are being enjoyed, but rain is on the way tomorrow. Grands are out of school and will be here tomorrow for the next 9 days. Hope my sanity can handle it!

Mern: So sorry for the loss of your friend. Stay strong and stick to your food plan--that will help keep you nourished as you stand strong for your daughter. I hope everything works out for her. Vicki

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.