Motivational Thread - Nov 17-23 Getting ready for the Holiday Season >

Motivational Thread - Nov 17-23 Getting ready for the Holiday Season

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread - Nov 17-23 Getting ready for the Holiday Season

Old 11-17-2014, 10:45 AM
FitDay Member

Mike,
Quinniepoo is tired of me being a fat sloth.

I actually laughed so hard when I read this that I had coffee come out of my nose!! Thanks for that!! Haha! My husband thinks I'm nuts! A "fat sloth"! Now, I never said that! I may have called you a beignet snorter, but never a fat sloth! LOL Or maybe a rum cake addict... =)

Two 50+ point games back to back, buddy... a new franchise record... just sayin', Cupcake....
Old 11-17-2014, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

I had a very strange food day that I don't even know how to log. May just pass on the logging today. I had oatmeal with fruit for breakfast. Ok fine. Then my husband comes home at noon and wants me to make a homemade chocolate fudge cake for a co-worker for tomorrow... really?? So, I went to the store, came back, made the cake and homemade frosting. By then it was time to start supper. So, no lunch... just lots of "bowl and beater licking". lol I made salmon patties for supper, which have a lot of ingredients and would take some to figure out. So, I think I'll just close the kitchen and call it a day.

The fudgey, delicious cake is sitting right in front of me taunting me... thanks, husband...
Old 11-17-2014, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Two 50+ point games back to back, buddy... a new franchise record... just sayin', Cupcake....
Well we have a QB making $100,000,000, has thrown 10 interceptions already this year and a defense that get trampled over. Top that!
Old 11-18-2014, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

I've learned my lesson. Don't eat the bison burgers.
I didn't notice before, but last night as I was eating one, I tasted salt. Then I gained 3 lbs this morning.
Someone gave us a bunch of "bison" products. I should have taken the hint from the smokies nutrition label that they were filled with salt, but there was no label with the burger patties.

This won't stop me from moving forward. I can still keep the rest of my week low sodium.

Still dark here, so I take my walk in an hour.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:54 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning!

After my crazy food day yesterday, I'm determined to get back on track today with much more discipline. Through the past 4+ years of doing this, I've learned that for me, making time to eat is sometimes just as hard as eating right and eating less. This weekend, I skipped a couple of meals because of the needs of friends and family, and yesterday I did the same.

With the upcoming craziness of the holidays, priority one is going to be taking the time to eat properly first, and then tending to the needs of others when possible. For a "recovering career mom", now an empty-nester, this is a new mindset. Every morning, I'm used to having a list of what others need me to do, not what I want to do or need to do for myself. After 31 years of this, I selfishly proclaim that, unless there is an emergency, (...and not a cake emergency) I'll take care of my own needs first, then help others as I can. A doctor once told me regarding this very topic as I was caring for my elderly mother, "Apply your own oxygen mask first. Then attend to others." For most wives, mothers and grandmothers, this is incredibly hard but essential and something that I will be working on in 2015.

Thanks all for letting me get this off my chest! So many things enter into weight gain besides food choices. Once identified, we can push them out of our daily lives and be healthier, stronger and happier. Old family and behavioral habits are hard to break, but it can be done.

Today for myself, I will:
1. Take a long, relaxing walk with my favorite music on my ipod to help build strong bones and muscles as I age. Walking (weight bearing exercise) is one of the best ways (along with calcium, of course) to avoid many issues associated with osteoporosis. My mom suffered 2 spinal fractures while simply getting out of a chair due to this disease. (I will do anything to avoid this for myself. It was heartbreaking and the most painful thing that I have ever witnessed anyone endure.)

2. I will eat 3 healthy, balanced meals to nourish my body, to be healthy and strong and to be better equipped to fight disease and infection. After 2 major, urgent and totally unexpected surgeries in the past 15 months, my doctors were convinced that my unusually rapid recovery and healing were due to my past 4 years of healthy diet and exercise. I would have been afraid to enter into these tough surgeries in my old body.

3. I will read daily to nourish my mind and take a break from stress and daily issues, even if I only have time for a chapter or two. My 102 y/o grandmother taught me this... Never stop reading; never stop learning. Choose books about topics that you know nothing about to expand your knowledge base and to be a more interesting person yourself. Taking her advice, I will finish my book Neverhome today after my walk.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 11-18-2014, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
as I age.
Not possible. You're stuck at 29!
Old 11-18-2014, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

It was my birthday and I was asked how old I was by my young niece. I said I was 29 and holding. She then asked me how old I would be if I let go. We all roared with laughter. Have a great day no matter your age.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:55 AM
Banned

Yes, thanksgiving is ahead of us next week..... I have made the decision that I will enjoy myself for that ONE DAY ...... not gonna feel guilty one bit... I have worked so hard leading up to it...that I can splurge ONE DAY

Vicki great job on the weight #'s... I know that's exciting!!...mmmm seafood I love it...and yea my mister is allergic too

Mike, glad you are back...

Quinn...your hubby is sooo wrong about the cake... temptation big time

I will try and post more on the weekly thread
Old 11-18-2014, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Not possible. You're stuck at 29!
What a southern charmer you are! Unfortunately, it won't keep Mern and I from dragging your butt back here when you stray again... What was that??? I think I heard the sound of Mern's whip!
Old 11-18-2014, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
It was my birthday and I was asked how old I was by my young niece. I said I was 29 and holding. She then asked me how old I would be if I let go. We all roared with laughter. Have a great day no matter your age.
This is priceless! I have to remember this!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.