Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread - Nov 10-16 - Life happens, get up and make it work >

Motivational Thread - Nov 10-16 - Life happens, get up and make it work

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread - Nov 10-16 - Life happens, get up and make it work

Old 11-14-2014, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

Friday is supposed to be my day so I am just going to do what I want to do.
I will start with my walk as soon as the sun comes up. The sky is just beginning to lighten in the east.

I will have a waffle for breakfast. The only fresh fruit I have are pears or apples.

For lunch I will go with chicken long rice with lots of veggies in it.

Tonight I have chicken breasts to cook up. Not sure how yet. I also have my choice of squash. Acorn, butternut, buttercup, or fiesta. I pick fiesta.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning!
Heading out the door for a really busy day. Just wanted to stop in and say "hi". I have a few Christmas gifts that I want to pick up before the shelves go bare. Then, it's dinner out with my hubby. Already have my menu items figured out- broiled haddock, baked potato and coleslaw. Just have to come up with something clever and quick for my lunch today. Have a great day!
Old 11-14-2014, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

Vicki, kudos on the skinner clothes! That's just awesome! I posted my chocolate mocha flaxmeal recipe at http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...tml#post112274 post#54. Also posted Hollie's flax muffins in post #55. No, I do not make my own Alfredo. I used Classico brand from the grocery store at 4 carbs per 1/4 cup serving.

Quinn, thanks for the credit for avoiding the splurges. DH brought home two sausage and egg McMuffins this morning and offered me one. Instead, I chose to make my own--store brand of Egg Beaters zero cholesterol eggs, and turkey sausage on a low carb tortilla. Yeah, sweet potatoes can add up--but I do enjoy them a couple times a month. My dinner starch is often the Dreamfields brand low net effective carb pasta or I skip the starch and eat extra low carb veggies.

My chocolate fixes:
1. I make hot chocolate with almond milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla and artificial sweetener (one could use sugar free imitation honey) but I don't have any nutrition or calorie counts on that.
2. Chocolate peanut butter tortilla: spread peanut or soy nut butter on a low carb tortilla, then sprinkle with a packet of artificial sweetener, and unsweetened cocoa powder straight from the can.
3. I also eat unsweetened baking chocolate (bar form) just straight.
4. Cocoa almonds are another quick chocolate fix for me--coat almonds with butter spray, sprinkle with artificial sweetener (or sugar free imitation honey) and unsweetened cocoa powder. I used to eat it cold, but found it really great microwaved until nice and warm.
5. I indulge in Russell Stover and Hershey sugar free miniatures sometimes, but I'm thinking you said you avoid that sort of treat.

Enjoy your day that includes some Christmas shopping plus a yummy dinner!

Annette, enjoy your day with that yummy food! I'm going with chicken for lunch. Oh, I dearly love squash!
Old 11-14-2014, 05:44 AM
FitDay Member

Gonna bake some sweet potatoes today to share with my neighbor and some to freezer for Thanksgiving.
My DH cooked bean soup with sausage and rice this morning and it smelled sooo good! But the sausage is processed as well as very spicy! He bakes his rice--yes, you read right, BAKES it as in cooks it in the oven! It doesn't take long and it always turns out OK.
Got a large odd-looking squash to bake along with a pie pumpkin. Squash probably for tomorrow and pumpkin for smoothies, and as a side instead of sweet potatoes.
Cabbage on the menu for next week with onions and peppers.
Fresh broccoli to steam and corn to roast on tap for my crew on Sunday with probably some roasted chicken or beef.
Chicken and cabbage done on the grill for tonight at my house.
Vicki

Last edited by rosabella2012; 11-14-2014 at 05:49 AM. Reason: add content
Old 11-14-2014, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

Vicki, my mouth was literally watering as I read all the yummy food plans you have. I'm a veggie lover. I've never heard of baking rice but there's always more than one way to do stuff. I think that's clever.

Libby, how are you doing?

Jenn, are you here?
Old 11-14-2014, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, your chocolate ideas look great! Thanks! When you mentioned Hungry Girl the other day, it reminded me of a cookbook that my DIL bought for me last Christmas. I've been trying to find some treats that are lower in calories (not necessarily all that healthy) that I can indulge in rather than all of my normal fattening stuff. I found a recipe in there for chocolate peanut butter fudge that looks amazing using a Betty Crocker brownie mix, canned pumpkin and reduced fat peanut butter that I may try at 65 cal/piece, 1 g fat, 14g carbs, 1 g fiber, 9g sugar and 1g protein. Like I said, not exactly a health food, but may keep me out of the real stuff.

I actually bought my last Christmas gift today. Since my kids are now all over 21, I'm going to try buying everyone one big gift instead of lots of little stuff. I figure they can buy the little stuff themselves, but may be hesitant to buy the bigger stuff. So much easier for me... hope it goes over with them! Guess I'll find out! lol
Old 11-14-2014, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

I've been doing some online shopping for Christmas today myself. Still got more to do but we tend not to make a big deal of the presents at Christmas preferring to concentrate on why we celebrate in the first place. The small fry in our family have birthdays in November and December; so, we make a pretty big deal of the gifts then. Dinner done, next to wash the dishes and start the veggies roasting! Vicki
Old 11-14-2014, 12:46 PM
FitDay Member

I posted twice and got kicked out. This is just making me mad.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

I know its frustrating. There are glitches. I find the same problem when trying to post my foods. Because of it, I have all but given up on keeping track.

Yesterday seemed to go well foodwise, but I didn't get my water in. Our reverse osmosis isn't working so I have taken to boiling the tap water. Some days I don't get enough boiled and cooled. Today its in the fridge for me.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, have you tried red bean brownies? They are surprisingly good and good for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.