Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread - Nov 10-16 - Life happens, get up and make it work >

Motivational Thread - Nov 10-16 - Life happens, get up and make it work

Notices

Motivational Thread - Nov 10-16 - Life happens, get up and make it work

Old 11-12-2014, 02:22 PM
FitDay Member

Annette, wow, what a busy day! Your wrap sounds good. Hope you get a great sleep tonight!
Old 11-13-2014, 12:57 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, that was just my morning. Afternoon took on a whole new dimension of busy. Nearly three hours on the phone with people who want to suck the life right out of me. The first wasn't bad because she is my mom's friend and it has been months since we talked. But the second two calls were from the same person just needing to talk.

Okay! Today!

Last night I made a new recipe of BBQ seasoning. I mixed two tablespoons of that in some of my flour mix (rye, wheat, flax) and dipped the chicken in it. I complimented the chicken with sliced raw tomatoes and pasta. Moderation is the key.

I let temptation get to me and made a mug of Aztec hot chocolate. I only drank 3 oz and left the rest for my daughter. I advised her to add sugar because I had only used 1 tbls of honey to sweeten the whole thing.
I will buy some supplies and try another combination, but this is a treat, not a daily occurrence.

Tonight, I don't know. I will be out from 2:30 till 6:30, so unless I get something in the slow cooker, I will have to get take out for the family.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning!

Woke up to a balmy 14 degrees this morning. It definitely makes crawling out from my quilt and electric blanket more challenging... especially getting up the will to trail walk. But, by putting it on here, I will be on my way after my massive mug of coffee. Then, as a reward, I'm going to go shopping for a new pair of trail hiking boots. =)

My weight is still, slowly but surely, going down. I'm convinced that the cold weather hikes have been a big contributor to my calorie burn. I always feel so good when I come home with my ipod blaring away... It's just leaving my nice warm home, complete with hot coffee and a fire in the fireplace, that makes the decision a hard one.

But, like I said, by putting it on here I'm obligated to go. You know, accountability and all that... lol. So, I'm off. If I don't post any more today, send the dog sleds out for me!

quinn
Old 11-13-2014, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Still warmer here, Quinn, but colder than I'm used to. I layered and went for my walk.

Oatmeal for breakfast. Adding cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Like Oatnog.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:47 AM
FitDay Member

Annette, so sorry about the phone calls messing up your day. You are good at heart. Great job on the chicken dish and on just 3 oz. of the hot chocolate. I love coming up with new recipes, too. Yup, moderation is the key. Wishing you a great evening.

Quinn, kudos on your weight still going down. Enjoy your coffee, walk and new hiking boots! I heard that shivering helps burn more calories. Hope we don't have to send the dogs!

I'm doing well on food and water, but not on exercise. Need to go back to forcing myself to do just five minutes with permission to myself to stop after that-- because I always wind up doing more.

Today's menu:

Unconventional breakfast: think sliced deli rotisserie chicken, mushrooms and Swiss cheese on low carb flatbread

Lunch: tuna salad, pumpkin soup

Dinner: low carb spaghetti and meat balls, broccoli slaw with ranch dressing

Snack: celery with peanut butter, strawberries
Old 11-13-2014, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rainbow24
Still warmer here, Quinn, but colder than I'm used to. I layered and went for my walk.

Oatmeal for breakfast. Adding cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Like Oatnog.
Your oatmeal idea sounds amazing! I have to try that tomorrow. Anything that even remotely tastes like eggnog and I'm in! =)
Old 11-13-2014, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

And Mern, your menus always make me hungry! lol

Just got back from my hike and it wasn't that bad, except when I had to walk into a little north wind. Any wind at these temps isn't good.

Bought 2 whole chickens yesterday and slow roasted and deboned them for lots of easy lunch ideas. Will put in portion-size bags and freeze. Think I may do some kind of panini with 35 calorie bread, roast chicken, tomatoes, spinach, red onion and smokey brown mustard. Then, as I promised myself, I'm off to do a little boot shopping. =)
Old 11-13-2014, 09:48 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, kudos on the walk.

What a great idea to roast two chickens and portion them out to freeze. And that panini sounds delicious! You're making ME hungry. LOL

Dinner menu changed: I didn't feel like cooking and DH asked if I wanted to eat out--we decided instead to get carryout food. Confession: I was GOING to cheat and indulge in a Domino's Pizza Philly Cheese Steak sandwich on their regular baked roll, but then I logged on to FitDay and found your post. I decided to still get the sandwich, but when DH comes back with it, I'll transfer it to an 8g net carb Hungry Girl Whole Wheat flatbread Foldit. But I'll wash it down with a Diet Coke. DH can eat the abandoned sandwich roll tomorrow.

You are inspiring, my friend! Thanks!
Old 11-13-2014, 11:28 AM
FitDay Member

Haha... thanks, but you deserve the credit for pulling back on a splurge! =) By the way, I found out what my carb issue is. Sweet potatoes! 23.6g of carbs per medium microwaved sweet potato. I've been having one with my supper at night when I feed my husband a higher calorie option. (He's not dieting this time... ugh.) The only thing I'm really craving this time around is CHOCOLATE! I usually have a 25 calorie hot cocoa mix, but this time around it's not working. Any low cal chocolate craving ideas??
Old 11-13-2014, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

Mern: Will you post your flaxmeal muffin recipe? Do you make your low-carb Alfredo sauce? Love Diet Coke myself!

Quinn: I love sweet potatoes and chocolate too! Don't know that I could drink 3 oz of a Mexican hot chocolate and stop--I'd want to finish it all! I buy Lindt chocolate bars, the big ones. They are sectioned off into squares--4 squares equals 1 serving, but nutrition for 1 square is generally pretty good. I have 1 of those squares every week or so for a treat. Glad your weight is going down!

Today has been very cold here--we barely got above 40! Tomorrow is supposed to get to 50! BRRRR! On a good note, I pulled out some more winter clothes and the 26 that was tight last winter is very baggy this year! I could even get into a 22-24 skirt but it was a little tighter than I like to wear my clothes. It really felt good! Vicki

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.