Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread - Nov 10-16 - Life happens, get up and make it work >

Motivational Thread - Nov 10-16 - Life happens, get up and make it work

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread - Nov 10-16 - Life happens, get up and make it work

Old 11-11-2014, 02:09 PM
FitDay Member

Holy cow, Annette! That's one boatload of meds you have to take--you are so wise in how you manage and prioritize that! A lot of people also don't know that they should talk with their doctor before taking vitamins and minerals because they do change one's body chemistry and can indeed interact with medications. Aw, so sorry about your grandkids' food allergies! I'm sure it makes feeding them more work. Yeah, seems like avocado should work in place of an egg in waffles.

Oh, did I miss that? Is Rosabella's name Vikki?

Another way to get around losing a post is to type it on our word processors or on Microsoft's WordPad and then cut and paste it to the FitDay reply box. Sometimes if I'm planning on a short post, I forget to do that, though--and in that case I try to remember to right click and copy it from the reply box.

Quinn, I always research meds the doctor suggests to decide if I'm willing to risk the possible side effects before I will get a prescription filled, but I must admit I didn't do that with the fish oil. My doc never recommended a brand, but she approved Nature's Bounty brand. Thanks for the heads-up on the fish oil. I'll research that tomorrow to see if I can find out how "yuckified" or safe my brand is. Wow, that's fantastic to eat salmon and other seafood three times a week. I try to limit red meat to no more than twice a week and strive to eat fish twice a week. I eat chicken more than anything. I totally gave up bananas and have never had routabaga. I'm a squash lover, too but isn't it more of a borderline carb rather than a high carb? I'll have to check on that--I know pumpkin and yellow squash are kind of borderline. So sorry you're still snowed in! I'm gonna go outside and see if I can smell brownies if I point my nose north. LOL

Last edited by Mern; 11-11-2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:20 PM
FitDay Member

Mern, you made me look and I was wrong. Rosabella is Vicki. I have a friend Vikki on another forum.

My doctor okayed any vitamins that I might want to take. After the end of December, I might be down to only 3 pills a day. Especially if I can lose a few more pounds.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning!

I'M FREE!!! lol The snow plows came through about 5:30 pm yesterday, but there were still 30 mph wind gusts and my garage door had a big snow bank in front of it from drifting. It took a couple of hours last night, but I can finally get my car out. =)

Somehow, I refrained from baking and decided to make my evening, healthy meal mid-afternoon because I was soooo bored! I don't think I've ever been that mind-numbing bored in my entire life! Stuck from Sunday night until Wednesday morning. It was hard not to just fill the time with movies and snacks, but I did a lot of fall cleaning. In fact, I think I cleaned the clean.

This snow was definitely early, maybe 6-8 weeks early. I guess we were somewhat lucky. We received 13" while others not far away had readings of 22-26".

Today, the sun is shining and the winds have calmed down, so I'm heading into town to get some fresh air and run some errands.

My weight has started to go back down so my simple goals will remain. The only things that really changed when I gained weight was portion control and I was doing a lot of baking, mostly for guys that were working on a construction project here and kids returning to college. But, a lot made its way to my mouth, too. Just can't handle bakery or chocolate in the house.... none. When will I learn??

Have a wonderful day, all!
quinn
Old 11-12-2014, 02:26 AM
FitDay Member

This weeks goals
drink lots of water: Y, Y
calories under 1100: N, N
15 min. exercise: Y, Y
post daily: I tried
Old 11-12-2014, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

Annette, thanks for letting me know Rosabella's name as Vicki. She's new to me, so I knew her only as Rosabella. I like to address people by their real names, if possible. How wonderful that you might be down to three pills soon. Must make you feel great knowing how far you've come in your recovery. That's also great that your doc okayed any vitamins you might want. I take only prescription vitamin D2 because my blood tests showed a deficiency only in D and my body wasn't absorbing the over-the-counter vitamin D or D3. The prescription has me back to normal vitamin D range, but I don't feel any different--never felt any symptoms of that deficiency to begin with.

Quinn, hey, there snow lady! I'll bet that was two hours worth of work gladly performed to get your car out of the garage. Mighty generous of you to credit Mother Nature for giving you only 13 inches rather than 22-26. LOL Major kudos on not baking and on spending the time fall cleaning. I must confess that had that been me, I'd have had my fanny parked on the couch and watching TV--maybe mindlessly eating sugar free candy and other low carb snack which would add on more carbs, calories, and saturated fat. The great thing about this group is that it encourages us sit back and analyze where our problem areas are--like portion control and baked goods. Mine was eating whatever and however much I wanted to eat. I'm so glad my simple goals are working to decrease my weight, too, so that I can feel justified in not logging all my food right now, but continuing to weigh and measure. So far I've lost 4.4 lbs. since my restart.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Mern: My name is Vicki, but I set up my account here using my chi's name--Rosabella.

Annette: Sure hope you get to cut meds down--my husband can stay off BP meds as long as he keeps his weight below 190. He weighs the same as he did when he graduated high school!

Quinn: Glad you were able to get out of the house! This morning's low will probably be our high for the day! It's dreary, damp and just downright COLD--I know 50 sounds warm to those of you way up north, but yesterday it was 83 on my back deck!

Yesterday, I drank all my water, ate foods planned and did some exercise. Today, repeat the process! Vicki
Old 11-12-2014, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, Congrats on the 4.4 lbs.!! Isn't it a good feeling to be back and accountable?? I know it does for me. What seemed like a treat, to take a break for awhile, really wasn't all that great. I think I'm down about 4 lbs., too. Hopefully, we can keep it together! =)

Vicki, Yes, 50 is shorts weather around here. lol Especially in the spring when the high school kids have had enough of winter. Then, shorts weather is anything above freezing or when the sun finally returns and things start to melt!

The cold front that is hitting you now is the same one that got us. Someone said that a "super storm" is a drop in pressure above 24 millibars and this one was something like 3 times that, similar to the drop in pressure during a hurricane. Our temps are going to be in the mid 20's for at least a week, so it's possible that this snow is here to stay, which is going to make for a very looong winter.

Picked up a book that a friend had recommended called Neverhome, by Laird Hunt. A glass of wine, a good book and a fireplace sound like a plan this evening. =)
Old 11-12-2014, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, it is indeed a good feeling to be back and accountable. I totally agree that the break from here was a treat, but I paid dearly for it. Not that we can never take a break, but we have to be mindful of the consequences if we stray too far or for too long. Like Thanksgiving--I'm going to eat what I want and TRY to practice moderation and TRY to get back on track the day after.

After all the talk of how to save our posts from getting lost, I composed my menu for today on Microsoft NotePad, right clicked and copied it. When I went to paste it into the reply box, I discovered there was something on the clipboard that was never pasted and I had already closed NotePad, so lost it anyway. Live and learn! LOL

Today's menu:

Brunch was a microwaved casserole of spinach, onion, mushrooms, and diced tomato with zero cholesterol egg blend and just a wee bit of low carb Alfredo sauce

Snack was low carb pumpkin soup with low carb tortilla chips. I'll try to post the recipe later today in the food section under Low Carb Recipes

DH went out for a Veterans' Day dinner with golf buddies, so I'm making tonight the cod I had planned for yesterday.

Dinner: fried cod breaded with crushed pork rinds on flatbread with tartar sauce, with a side of cooked from fresh kale (from our friend's garden)

Evening snack: low cholesterol pumpkin and eggnog protein shake (to use up 1/4 cup leftover pumpkin puree) and a flaxmeal muffin

Last edited by Mern; 11-12-2014 at 05:57 AM.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

I'm late today.

I slept in again, so I had to grab my pills and run. I took the recycling out, dropped the garbage off at the farm and kept on going. Tires are changed and the all seasons are in the garage. Stopped for gas, did the shopping, at two stores. Farmer's market and regular groceries. Did the banking at one bank, forgot the other one, so I still have checks that need cashing. Then I stopped at a car wash to vacuum the inside of the van where I spilled garbage. Now I am home and finally getting my first meal of the day.

Egg and veggies in a rye flour wrap.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

My low carb pumpkin soup recipe is now in the Food Forum, Low Carb Recipes, post #53
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...tml#post112231

Recipe could be made full carb by using whipping cream instead of almond milk.

The Hungry Girl Light Sundried Tomato flatbread I made into chips to float on top was a yummy addition.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.