Motivational Thread - Nov 3-9 Fall into Healthy Lifestyle >

Motivational Thread - Nov 3-9 Fall into Healthy Lifestyle

Notices

Motivational Thread - Nov 3-9 Fall into Healthy Lifestyle

Old 11-03-2014, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Thread - Nov 3-9 Fall into Healthy Lifestyle

INTAKE

For me it is all about recording the intake. I haven't been doing that lately. I have tried, but then fall off the wagon my dinner. The main things is that for blood sugar purposes, I need a healthy snack before bed. That is great if I look at my intake for the day and I see that I have room.

FIRST GOAL - record all foods, even after work

OUTPUT

Exercise. I had vowed to walk to work every day, but the rain really has been a deterrent. I am getting a decent upper body work out with the nature of the job. In fact given my condition, I wouldn't add to it. Besides my home weights are pretty wimpy compared to what I'm lifting on the farm.

SECOND GOAL - walk to and from work at least three days

TEMPTATION

Cook and eat what is easy. I then don't get my vegetables in and suffer with rash or hives.

THIRD GOAL - cook healthy dinners every day this week
Old 11-03-2014, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning! I'm in, I need to be. I'll be setting goals for me and my Wonder Twin, Tori.

Me:
1) Lose 3 pounds
2) Drink 3L water per day
3) Be mindful of what I eat
4) Eat at least 3 fruits/veggies per day
5) Walk 3 miles

Tori:
1) Lose 1 pound
2) Take TBM for 5 walks
3) 60 oz of water per day
Old 11-03-2014, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mike, glad to see you.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:

1) Get back to walking. The weather has been crazy here and I've used it as an excuse to slack on that. Need to shrug that off and get back to walking 3-5 days a week.

2) Record everything I eat. I pretty good about that but some times I miss it.

3) Keep my daily calories as close to 1700 as possible. This is the bottom of my range but I need to stay close to it. Especially as we get closer to the holidays.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:11 AM
FitDay Member

This weekend was COLD in the Deep South so I had to pull out some winter stuff. I pulled out an old favorite sweater and it fit! Comfortably, too! Size: 24W--that's a lot smaller than the 5X women's clothes I wore last winter that were stretched to the max! In fact, it's one size smaller than my 26 yr old daughter wears! Yeah me!

Now, I've got to fix a birthday dinner, cake included, for my grandson this weekend. An old habit of mine is to eat when I'm cooking, so I think I might invest in some pretty duct tape to cover my mouth and solve that problem! Vicki
Old 11-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rainbow24
Hi Mike, glad to see you.
Thanks Annette
Originally Posted by CSmith2048
Goals:

1) Get back to walking. The weather has been crazy here and I've used it as an excuse to slack on that. Need to shrug that off and get back to walking 3-5 days a week.

2) Record everything I eat. I pretty good about that but some times I miss it.

3) Keep my daily calories as close to 1700 as possible. This is the bottom of my range but I need to stay close to it. Especially as we get closer to the holidays.
Nice goals
Originally Posted by rosabella2012
This weekend was COLD in the Deep South so I had to pull out some winter stuff. I pulled out an old favorite sweater and it fit! Comfortably, too! Size: 24W--that's a lot smaller than the 5X women's clothes I wore last winter that were stretched to the max! In fact, it's one size smaller than my 26 yr old daughter wears! Yeah me!

Now, I've got to fix a birthday dinner, cake included, for my grandson this weekend. An old habit of mine is to eat when I'm cooking, so I think I might invest in some pretty duct tape to cover my mouth and solve that problem! Vicki
How deep is the Deep South? Where are you from?
Old 11-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

I took two of my dogs for a mile walk, went to the gym to workout and did a short .40 on the dreadmill. 1.40 for the day.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-04-2014 at 04:11 AM.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:40 PM
FitDay Member

Mike: I'm in southern Louisiana (Baton Rouge). Vicki
Old 11-03-2014, 02:40 PM
FitDay Member

I decided that I don't need to bring the snow tires out at least until Nov 17. We are having unseasonably warm weather here. Problem is that its pouring down rain. The ground is saturated.
I want to walk to work, but once I get there I wouldn't be able to get past the puddle that is the parking area. The boots are just not good for walking.
At work, I lifted 5 to 10 pounds in each hand, 30 to forty times. Then I lifted 40 to 50 pound trays and carried them about 20 feet.
At least I got a good upper body workout.

I cooked chicken, rye biscuits, carrots, and broccoli for dinner.

One slip up today at the farm. I ate a Wagon Wheel. Only one, so I expect the only damage it did was to my blood sugar level.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rosabella2012
Mike: I'm in southern Louisiana (Baton Rouge). Vicki
Whoa, I'm in Slidell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.