Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread - Nov 3-9 Fall into Healthy Lifestyle >

Motivational Thread - Nov 3-9 Fall into Healthy Lifestyle

Notices

Motivational Thread - Nov 3-9 Fall into Healthy Lifestyle

Old 11-07-2014, 12:31 AM
Banned

Welcome back Quinn & Mern...

hi Mike,Annette,Chris... will ya all join me on the Friday weigh-in thread every week

Yes, we have to take baby steps....we gained weight over time...its gonna take TIME to get it off
Old 11-07-2014, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

Done, Becca.

I'm resigned to the fact that while I am working on the farm, I'm not going to get my dishes done and I'm not going to eat right. The best I can do is minimize the damage.

Last night I got Chinese take out. I love the place I go to. I said low sodium and they left the soy sauce out. I have low sodium (Braggs) soy sauce at home, but I didn't add it. I ordered chicken chop suey. Lots of veggies.
The family got pizza.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

Becca, thanks for the welcome back. I've been so horrible on my eating since September that I won't get on the scale. I know it's awful and seeing the number will discourage me. I'll rejoin the Friday weigh-in thread next Friday after a full week back on the wagon.

Annette, minimizing the damage while working on the farm has to be an admirable goal. My grandparents owned a farm and they worked their tails off! Chinese with no soy? Ah, you're a better woman than I--I couldn't do it. I use Braggs for soy sauce, too. Wednesday my lunch group of four 68 year old women is going to a place where even their salads are too carby for me, but in looking at the menu I did find a Shanghai Chicken Salad that has sesame crusted chicken, bok choy and romaine, snow peas, and bean sprouts. I'm skipping the crispy wontons and taking my own soy ginger dressing that I know will be low carb and lower sodium than the restaurant's.

My baby step in exercise today was an online 10 minute Jessica Smith cardio workout through interval walking. Good thing I was in my living room with my computer chair nearby because at one point I raised my left leg too high and felt a sharp twinge in my hip socket. I plopped down immediately and took a just a 30 second break and carefully resumed. I was fine--nothing pulled or twisted. May try a repeat session tonight. Food is going well today--about to go eat a yummy lunch.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by beccafries
Welcome back Quinn & Mern...

hi Mike,Annette,Chris... will ya all join me on the Friday weigh-in thread every week

Yes, we have to take baby steps....we gained weight over time...its gonna take TIME to get it off
Sure. I need to get caught up here first. It's been a hectic few days.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rosabella2012
Mike: Your puppy pic did truly make my heart go pitter-patter! How old is he and is he part chihuahua? I love little chihuahuas! I have a 2 y/o girl named Rosabella.
Thanks Vicki! We believe his a Chihuahua/Rat Terrier mix. He's a little over a year. We have another that's a Chihuahua/Jack Russel mix. They are great dogs. I've never been a fan of small dogs, until we got one.

NICE TO HAVE YOU BACK MERN!
Old 11-07-2014, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

Busy, busy day... Keeping my eating under control though. Haven't figured out how to handle my friends Open House tonight featuring all of his holiday cakes and pastries. He told me today that he can't wait for me to try ALL of his new additions. Ugh. And this week is going so well. The scale has been dropping pretty quickly. My choices are to not go (...and hurt a dear friends feelings) or go (...and be personally fed about 3,000 calories in cakes and pastries). Well, I have a few hours to figure something out.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, thanks for the welcome back and for reaching out.

Quinn, did you go to the open house? If so, how'd it go? I'm sure I'd have used being cordial as an excuse to binge on all the cakes and pastries.

I did well yesterday. Did not get in the second session of exercise, but I'm OK with that. Minor splurge was a tiny Riesen chocolate carmel for a huge 7 carbs. (For those who don't know me, I'm limited to 25 net carbs for the entire day to manage my blood sugar without meds.) I was within my carb limit for the day, but I could have eaten 3 1/2 cups of broccoli for 7 net carbs. I don't regret my treat--just have to think before I eat.

Goal today is another 10 minute Jessica Smith online cardio session through interval walking. Then I'll have earned a day off exercise tomorrow. Monday I hope to do a mile of aerobic walking DVD in 15 minutes.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

Only two more days of work left, then I get a break. I did some dishes last night, which I haven't done any since Monday, the last night I had a break from evening obligations.
I will use my break to catch up on housework and then work will get started again.

Next week will be more normal for me.
Old 11-08-2014, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Annette, glad you're almost through. I'll bet you'll be SO glad to get back to more normal routine.

Just learned my granddaughter and 14 month old great-granddaughter were in a wreck but not injured, thank God. My grandddaughter just got that 2014 Ford Focus brand new 8 days ago. A lady sideswiped her on the drivers side while changing lanes--I guess she was in the lady's blind spot.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:08 AM
FitDay Member

Mern,

So glad everyone is safe! We have had snow and freezing rain all last night and today. I've heard the ambulances running every hour or so. Wanted to do some Christmas shopping today, but it can wait.

I did not go to the Open House. I've decided to use "bad roads" as my excuse. lol

I had forgotten how hard it is to stay on track with my husband home! He always wants to stop somewhere for a "treat" when we're out and about. Did well this morning, though. Went out for breakfast and I ordered oatmeal with fresh fruit. Last night I ordered broiled cod. Only 5 more meals in the weekend to get through! lol