Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread - Nov 3-9 Fall into Healthy Lifestyle >

Motivational Thread - Nov 3-9 Fall into Healthy Lifestyle

Notices

Motivational Thread - Nov 3-9 Fall into Healthy Lifestyle

Old 11-05-2014, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Haha! What's your cut-off for walking?? I suppose you catch a chill around 70 degrees, right?? lol
Old 11-05-2014, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Haha! What's your cut-off for walking?? I suppose you catch a chill around 70 degrees, right?? lol
And you had to ask. Now you're going to make me pull out all the stops and make the ladies melt! I've been walking two of my three dogs. My big girl (75 pound boxer) loves to walk, but she's older in age so I'm slowly braking her in. I've been taking my little boy, I think he can go all day. He sure has the energy to.

This is where you melt. Here's my boy. Wait for it, wait for it....

BAM!

He's the best little fella ever. He's a looker. Hearts melt like butter on a tin roof, in the hot southern sun! We drove all the way to Texas to rescue him.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-05-2014 at 04:42 AM.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Annette!

I see you're from Canada. Nice to see someone actually north of me for a change! lol
I'm so close to the border that I get to see fireworks on July 1st and 4th. Well, not this year. I was in hospital for both of those days.

Now I'm watching the weather for snow tire dates. I don't want them on too soon, but not too late either.

Driving to the farm again. I will just have to settle for upper body, on the job, strength training.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Aww... What a cutie! He would make a great walking partner!
Old 11-05-2014, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator

I'll start upping it up but will probably have to go with the two chirrens. Avery, my handsome little boy could probably handle a couple miles but I think beyond that, his little legs would struggle. I guess we'll see, he may want to go wide open and wear me out.

Soooo.... I'll do a 5 mile walk next week for you quinniepoo.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Just one question... Does he take batteries, or do you have to wind him up?
Old 11-05-2014, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

Just one question... Does he take batteries, or do you have to wind him up?
He's solar powered.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:18 PM
FitDay Member

Mike: Your puppy pic did truly make my heart go pitter-patter! How old is he and is he part chihuahua? I love little chihuahuas! I have a 2 y/o girl named Rosabella.

I try to avoid fast food as much as possible, but yesterday and today it just wasn't to be. Yesterday I had the oven roasted chicken wings from Little Ceasar's and today I had the Bacon Ranch salad with grilled chicken and no dressing from McD's. Some days we just have to roll with what life sends our way and make the best choice of those choices available to us. After all, tomorrow is another day! Vicki
Old 11-05-2014, 01:37 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rosabella2012

Now, I've got to fix a birthday dinner, cake included, for my grandson this weekend. An old habit of mine is to eat when I'm cooking, so I think I might invest in some pretty duct tape to cover my mouth and solve that problem! Vicki

Hi Vicki!
I had to laugh at your weekend birthday problem as I have a "cake problem" this weekend, too. A good friend of mine is a pastry chef and has asked me to come to an open house Friday night where he will be featuring many of his cakes (my weakness). I'm pretty much obligated to go and if I do, I know he will be hurt if I don't sample each one. That's always been a problem of mine as many of my closest friends are chefs and can be easily offended if you don't eat their food heartily. lol Your duct tape idea sounds like a plan!
Old 11-05-2014, 01:49 PM
FitDay Member

Well, my first day back has been interesting. I did well, but I forgot how quickly things get unexpectedly sidetracked. My son stopped by after work to set up a new router for me and before I knew it, as we talked and laughed, we polished off a bottle of wine with dinner... oops. Even still, I think I stayed within limits. Wine is fat-free, right?? lol

1. Adhere to calorie limit. close
2. Walk, if rain holds off. yep
3. Drink, drink, drink! (no comment, haha)
4. Daily weigh-in. yes
5. No bread or cheese. none
6. Eat only 1 ingredient foods... an apple, not an apple pie. food choices were good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.