Me:
1) Lose 3 pounds
2) Drink 3L water per day yes
3) Be mindful of what I eat no
4) Eat at least 3 fruits/veggies per day no
5) Walk 3 miles 1.4
Old 11-04-2014, 04:19 AM
Super Moderator

Christy, we should see who can put in the most miles. I sure could use a push since Mern isn't here with her whip.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Christy, we should see who can put in the most miles. I sure could use a push since Mern isn't here with her whip.
Well my dear, Mern may not be here with her whip, but I'm back so you better behave!

Hello All,
To those who don't know me, I'm Quinn. I'm an active 52 y/o empty nester who lost nearly 30 lbs. a few years back. I've been really successful at keeping it off, too... until recently! About 9 lbs. have drifted back over the past 4-5 months. Too many poor food choices, too little exercise and spending too much time in my kitchen cooking and baking.

So here I am, accepting that this is a lifelong choice. Right when you think you have it all figured out, the weight creeps back.

Looking forward to meeting all of the new faces!

Quinn
Old 11-05-2014, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

I saw on the previous thread that some were using daily goals instead of weekly. For someone like me who is trying to climb back on the wagon, baby steps might be the best way to go. So for Wednesday:

1. Adhere to calorie limit
2. Walk, if rain holds off.
3. Drink, drink, drink!
4. Daily weigh-in.
5. No bread or cheese.
6. Eat only 1 ingredient foods... an apple, not an apple pie.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Quinn, I was the one who instigated the daily goals. I was having some trouble committing to a whole week. I still am.

I did the best I could yesterday, but I felt bloated. I am thinking it might be the water.
No really. I have a water softener, which I add salt to. Then for drinking water, I have reverse osmosis. Reverse osmosis quit working just before I started working. I can't call for repairs until I know I can be home during the day. 6 more days of work.
I'm boiling the tap water but I'm sure that doesn't remove the salt that I'm putting in.

That's my convoluted story, anyway, and I'm sticking to it.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
well my dear, mern may not be here with her whip, but i'm back so you better behave! :d

hello all,
to those who don't know me, i'm quinn. I'm an active 52 y/o empty nester who lost nearly 30 lbs. A few years back. I've been really successful at keeping it off, too... until recently! about 9 lbs. Have drifted back over the past 4-5 months. Too many poor food choices, too little exercise and spending too much time in my kitchen cooking and baking.

So here i am, accepting that this is a lifelong choice. Right when you think you have it all figured out, the weight creeps back.

Looking forward to meeting all of the new faces!

Quinn
quinniepoo is back!!!
Old 11-05-2014, 02:50 AM
Super Moderator

I put in another 1.12 miles. It's a start. I'm only down .4 pounds so I need to get busy!

1) Lose 3 pounds
2) Drink 3L water per day yes, no
3) Be mindful of what I eat no, no
4) Eat at least 3 fruits/veggies per day no,yes
5) Walk 3 miles 1.4, 1.2
Old 11-05-2014, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
quinniepoo is back!!!
Aww... You make me blush! lol Glad to be back. Just got back from my walk... 32 degrees and wind!!!! But, my cheeks are rosey, my fingers are numb and it feels so good to be back on track! My favorite time of year here is from September 1st until Christmas. Then, well, it pretty much sucks... Haha
Old 11-05-2014, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rainbow24
Hi Quinn, I was the one who instigated the daily goals. I was having some trouble committing to a whole week. I still am.

I did the best I could yesterday, but I felt bloated. I am thinking it might be the water.
No really. I have a water softener, which I add salt to. Then for drinking water, I have reverse osmosis. Reverse osmosis quit working just before I started working. I can't call for repairs until I know I can be home during the day. 6 more days of work.
I'm boiling the tap water but I'm sure that doesn't remove the salt that I'm putting in.

That's my convoluted story, anyway, and I'm sticking to it.
Hi Annette!

I see you're from Canada. Nice to see someone actually north of me for a change! lol
Old 11-05-2014, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
my cheeks are rosey
TMI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.