Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread, October 20 - 26 -- Kick it to the curb! >

Motivational Thread, October 20 - 26 -- Kick it to the curb!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread, October 20 - 26 -- Kick it to the curb!

Old 10-22-2014, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

I have been doing much better since physio.
Terri, get well soon and congrats on 175.
I had a binge last night and am up to 185.1 so need to get my act together today. It is a bright but cool day and I am going for a walk. Have a good day.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, The American Thanksgiving is always special for me. This year, no, but some years they hold it on my birthday. I have been toying with other sites as well, but not committed.

Terri, I hope you feel better soon. It's no fun being sick.

Libby, I'm glad physio helped.

Toying with other websites has me thinking all the time. About what I want to accomplish. I have long term goals, but they are not so cut and dried.

It is my goal to eat a heart healthy diet every day rather than to lose 100 lbs.
It is my goal to exercise and live life to my fullest, rather than to tighten my abs.
Even though the experience with doctors, nurses, ambulance attendants, and death was exciting, I never want to do it again.

Because of this, I have will-power like I never had before. I also will accomplish the 100 lbs and the tight abs, but they will be because of my health goals.

Today's goals:
Make soup and do dishes.
I am going to go walk in a few minutes and if I feel like doing yard work later, I might do that too.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:54 AM
Banned

Hi everybody!

We need rain in my area...my lawn is thirsty....

I've been doing really good with my weekly goals
getting my water in
working out few times a week..
I'm proud of myself
Old 10-23-2014, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

I accomplished everything I set out to do yesterday, partly because I just accepted that the weather is what it is.

I looked back at my past attempts at weight loss and discovered that I have pretty much hovered between 310 and 330 for a good number of years. This time is different because:
  • Its not a weight loss program, but a health program.
  • Weight loss is the result, not the goal.
  • This is life or death now. Mine!

Now for my upcoming problems.

I start work next week and traditionally I have driven to the farm, come home for lunch, and driven back for the afternoon. My plan is to walk. I was trying to figure out how to manage bringing a lunch and what I would bring.

My daughter took it upon herself to suggest that her and I make soup every night to bring to work. Homemade soup for me isn't a problem other than choosing the right spill-proof container. My daughter and husband don't have the same serving size ideas though. I have been trying to ingrain serving sizes to them for years and it doesn't work.

Back to her idea. She wanted to help me make soup every evening to bring to the farm for lunch. That also doesn't work. I spent Monday cooking chicken parts to get a pot full of broth. Wednesday I made a chickpea soup that serves 8 of my size servings. It took 4 hours from start to finish.
Then last night before bed, I chopped all the vegetables for a squash soup. I will cook that today.

Better get ready for my walk. I have piano today. The soup to cook. I also have to do my husband's laundry. The cat has been sleeping on his clothes and we have a chiropractor appointment tonight. Dr. is allergic to cat fur.

Everyone, have a great day.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:38 PM
FitDay Member

Annette, I like what you said about 'weight loss being the result, not the goal'. I need to always remember that better health is the goal.

Weather is so nice--sunshine, mild temps, nice breeze, and it's gonna be that way all this weekend too! Wonderful! Vicki

Last edited by rosabella2012; 10-23-2014 at 12:40 PM. Reason: add comment
Old 10-24-2014, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

The weather looks good enough to get outside and get some yard work done. I'll postpone walking for now. I will also hold off on that last pot of soup till later today.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

I have:
8 servings of chickpea soup
9 servings of squash soup
12 servings of mixed bean soup
14 servings of chicken for long rice

All in the freezer and ready for taking to work next week. I discovered that I had to make enough for 4 people.

Yesterday I finished burning another pile in the back yard. I pushed myself and worked for nearly 4 hours. According to Fitday, that burned over 1400 calories.
I barely got in a shower and my daughter showed up. She had been rear ended earlier in the day, therefore rendering her baby car seats "damaged." She came to pick up the one I have for the toddler.
Long story short, she was running an errand and would have to drive back my way. I got to babysit the 5 month old for a couple of hours. A fifteen year old came with the deal, but I was able to handle bad singing of heavy metal songs for a short time.

Today it is raining. I am going to do dishes until they are done.
Fish for dinner.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Just realized there was a hurricane heading our way. Downgraded to a tropical storm now, but still heading this way.
I will walk anyway.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:52 PM
FitDay Member

Had my grandsons for a few hours this afternoon and they wanted to go eat. We went to a local fast food place. The boys ordered their usual but I maintained with only a diet soda. Even when the oldest offered me the fries he didn't want to finish, I was able to 'just say No!' Glad I was able to stay strong! Vicki
Old 10-26-2014, 03:26 PM
FitDay Member

Way to go, Vicki!