Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread, October 20 - 26 -- Kick it to the curb! >

Motivational Thread, October 20 - 26 -- Kick it to the curb!

Notices

Motivational Thread, October 20 - 26 -- Kick it to the curb!

Old 10-20-2014, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Thread, October 20 - 26 -- Kick it to the curb!

Not sure where that came from. Maybe a little nostalgia from an era gone by when we stayed out till dark and played red rover. Too bad we couldn't get a little virtual game going. A little extra exercise and diet help instead of running around houses.

Last night my daughter scared me and told me that I had to start working on the farm Tuesday. Sure, that would amp up my calorie burn, but I wouldn't get the work done in my yard. Oh wait, the yard work burns more calories.

Pouring down rain here though, so there won't be a fire today. But, on the bright side, my husband told me that work starts next week.

Personally, I have decided to make a list of things to do each day. Morphing that list each day.

Monday List:
  1. Postpone burning till Wednesday
  2. Walk (wearing a rain poncho)
  3. Dishes
  4. Cook pot of chicken bones for broth
  5. Piano practice
  6. Work at moving piano - 5 steps
  7. Laundry
  8. Dishes
  9. Fish for dinner
That should about do it.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

I snuck out the back door because my cat was guarding the front door. When he realized that I had escaped him he ran after me. I lured him back in the house and took off down the driveway, realizing as I walked that there is calorie burning work I can do outside, even in a light drizzle, but

I can only handle one big job a day.

I feel invigorated after my morning walk, but I still fear that I might not have the energy that I once had. Rather, my heart might not have the stamina.

Today's big calorie burner will be cleaning the leaves off the driveway.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rainbow24
Not sure where that came from. Maybe a little nostalgia from an era gone by when we stayed out till dark and played red rover. Too bad we couldn't get a little virtual game going. A little extra exercise and diet help instead of running around houses.

Last night my daughter scared me and told me that I had to start working on the farm Tuesday. Sure, that would amp up my calorie burn, but I wouldn't get the work done in my yard. Oh wait, the yard work burns more calories.

Pouring down rain here though, so there won't be a fire today. But, on the bright side, my husband told me that work starts next week.

Personally, I have decided to make a list of things to do each day. Morphing that list each day.

Monday List:
  1. Postpone burning till Wednesday
  2. Walk (wearing a rain poncho)
  3. Dishes
  4. Cook pot of chicken bones for broth
  5. Piano practice
  6. Work at moving piano - 5 steps
  7. Laundry
  8. Dishes
  9. Fish for dinner
That should about do it.
I love this idea. A daily list instead od a weekly one. OK I am in - for today at least lol.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

Monday List:
1) get eating back on track -yes
2) stretch -yes
3) get work back on track - tried
4) straighten out laundry/clothing situation - started

Then I got sick.

Last edited by canary52; 10-22-2014 at 01:58 AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

Most of the things on my list will be every day things, the only changes will be when job is "well done."

Yuck! The rain is depressing. I don't think I'm burning Wednesday either.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

I had my first physio appointment today and it went well. She said I may be a bit sore tomorrow but I am going back on Friday and I have some exercises to do in the mean time.

Goals for the week:
Physio exercises
clean kitchen
fold and put laundry away
mending
calories under 1000
Old 10-20-2014, 06:16 PM
FitDay Member

Also suffering from depressing rain here

Goals:
3500 calorie deficit for the week
Workout AT LEAST twice
Old 10-21-2014, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Ian, it isn't even light yet here and I can hear the rain. Must go out in it anyway. I have to take the recycling to the curb.

Vicki, I'm answering you from the daily weigh in thread. My 55th birthday is next month. My twins, baby 4 and 5, were born in December of 1985. The whole hormone fluctuation has been nothing but a nuisance since then. Granted they are getting fewer and farther between.

Libby, hoping things go well.

Where did everyone go this week?

I went to visit a friend yesterday and she asked where the rest of me went. I don't think the change is that dramatic, but there is change.

Now I will move my Monday incompletes to Tuesday or Wednesday and write my list for today.

Completed:
Going through my list, I realized that I accomplished absolutely nothing yesterday.

Tuesday:
  1. Dishes never go away
  2. Finish chicken broth
  3. Printing and cutting activities for children's club tonight (I am the main speaker)
  4. Piano practice
  5. Laundry - also a never ending story
  6. Trout for dinner
Old 10-22-2014, 01:36 AM
Super Moderator

I am going to copy-paste from Daily weigh-in thread here since I am not feeling well and don't want to push my luck on the computer, but love to everyone!

Sorry I've been away everyone. I am sick and unfortunately been having vertigo (it happens sometimes when I have sinus pressure), so sitting at the computer is no fun and I have been napping a lot. Today the bouts are coming and going so I'm trying to sneak between bouts.

I didn't weigh this weekend due to guests, but I've weighed since Monday. I haven't been eating much since then (I came down with it Sunday afternoon) and it shows. I haven't gotten much workouts done - it's been hard enough getting my grading done as it was due Tuesday. Feeling really worn down and frustrated.

Guests this weekend were very fun. At least the sick waited until the day they were leaving. I adjusted goals a little bit for realism.

I hit my mini-goal 175 this morning. At least that's something to smile about. Hopefully it stays off!
Old 10-22-2014, 02:05 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, so sorry to hear you have been sick. That stinks. I hope you feel better ASAP.

Libby, good luck with the physio!!!

It's been raining here too. I have also been sick. With fibro. Had to have a bed rest day, which really helped thankfully.

I have to admit. I am "cheating on" Fitday; I am on another site. I am doing their Thanksgiving challenge, which is simply to lose five pounds by November 26. It seems a very doable goal and being accountable seems to help me. Of course, this is American, not Canadian, Thanksgiving. Sorry! But it does give a date.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.