Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread, October 13th - October 19th -- Yahoo!! >

Motivational Thread, October 13th - October 19th -- Yahoo!!

Notices

Motivational Thread, October 13th - October 19th -- Yahoo!!

Old 10-15-2014, 01:11 AM
Super Moderator

Nice to see you back, Bea! I'm glad Thanksgiving was awesome!!

Ian: That Chinese food is sneaky

Jenai: Great job on the planning and accountability!! I bet you stuck it out with your Atkins and milk!

As for me:

I had a loooooong night last night but I accomplished my front-loaded work goals this week. Today is a BIG meeting and I also have to get an exam written - but on Thursday I have a lot of time to play catch-up with my grade logging, entering, and weekly stuff that I have to do. It will mean that over my fall break next week, I only have some exams to grade (by Monday, and we have guests this weekend, lol!) and then I will really have "smooth sailing" for my fall break and not have a ton of work to do. That is very motivating for me. I'd love to be able to get some good workouts in over the break, try a few new recipes, get my hair done, and generally have a few days of relaxation. The break is book-ended by two social events; this weekend we have friends visiting, and the following weekend we're traveling for a wedding, but I can DO IT!

As for my fitness goals, I think my body is screaming at me to exercise more. My plan is to exercise tonight (even if it kills me), on Thursday, and somehow on Friday even though I have a lot of grading to do. I'm hoping to get a head-start on grading Thursday night and finish it Friday afternoon so I don't have to bring it home with me, but we'll see! This weekend I want to get a workout in on Sunday evening after our guests leave. I know they're going to want to go drinking, but I'm going to try to stick to nursing just one beer when we go out. I'll be the designated driver, so it won't be too hard, I think!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Week Goals:
1) Calories under 1500 daily, log EVERYTHING M: 1,302 T: 1,061
2) Exercise 3-4x M: no T: no
3) Water 64+ oz daily M: yes T: yes - so much water!
4) Protein at least 25% of daily calories (I am upping my protein goal!) M: 22% T: 31% (yahoo!)
5) Take my measurements on Friday when I do the weekly weigh-in
6) Enjoy a non-scale victory every day and write about it M: I didn't snack when I really, really, really wanted to - I chugged water T: I drank so much water, you guys, haha!

Work Goals
1) All quizzes graded by Tuesday night, non-negotiable M: Graded for 1 class - but the biggest class, so that's a big chunk done T: YES, DONE!
2) Get paper revisions, intro, and poster stuff done this week so that next week I can work on fiddling with poster M: Worked on paper revision and sent it back to student - big piece done! Also worked on some poster stuff, but not all
3) Try to get exam graded by Friday (ideal situation)
4) All candidates "graded" by Tuesday night, non-negotiable T: Finished at 10:30 Tues night!

~Terri

Last edited by taubele; 10-15-2014 at 01:12 AM. Reason: typos
Old 10-15-2014, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

1) Stop eating everything I want just because I want it - Y
2) Stretch daily - Y
3) When I get over this head cold, walk or back to the gym
4) DRINK MORE WATER _ Y

Ugh, I planned oatmeal for this morning but I want lox on an Ezkiel English Muffin. let's see what will win out.

Terri, my body is screaming for exercise too. Your work plans sound good.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning everyone!!

I am kind of excited! Tomorrow I get my first pay cheque from my second job and it goes directly into my savings account for this:

http://www.targettours.ca/wp-content...ruise-2015.pdf

Now to just get healthy, sexy and hot
Old 10-15-2014, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, I said no more fast food on Tuesdays, but I had to test, right?
Blood sugar was in normal range before eating. I tested again two hours after and it had spiked. This was ordering the whole wheat bun. It has to be the sauces, which means that next Tuesday I make a meal for myself to heat up when I get home.
One the bright side, it didn't change my weight. How can it, I am down to the single burger on whole wheat, with sweet potato fries, no dip, skip the diet pop.

Yard work instead of walking or weights
Move my piano
Toss more "too big" clothing
Old 10-15-2014, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I had my three month check up for blood work and it was not good.
My weight, cholesterol and blood sugar and blood pressure are up. My doctor warned me, If I can't get my numbers down in three months I will have to go back on meds. I am booked for physio on Monday. When I can exercise again all things should improve. Today I am recording my calories again. I stopped doing it a while ago but I need to get back to being accountable again.

Total calories 1125

Last edited by libby135; 10-15-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
Hi all. I had my three month check up for blood work and it was not good.
My weight, cholesterol and blood sugar and blood pressure are up. My doctor warned me, If I can't get my numbers down in three months I will have to go back on meds. I am booked for physio on Monday. When I can exercise again all things should improve. Today I am recording my calories again. I stopped doing it a while ago but I need to get back to being accountable again.
Hi Libby! Sorry to hear about those numbers but you can get them down. We are here to support you.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:25 PM
FitDay Member

Terri, I hope your fall break is just what you need. You're right, too, since you're not so busy it's a good time to get in a couple workouts.

Libby, sorry to hear your numbers aren't so good. There's a lot to be said for logging calories because it gives you an instant visual if you are on track or not. Hopefully you'll get things under control. you can do it!

As for me, I successfully stayed in my "lose range" today. yea me! My day did not go anything like I had planned, but I rolled with the punches and made the adjustments. Proud of myself.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

1) Stop eating everything I want just because I want it - Y, Y
2) Stretch daily - Y, Y,
3) When I get over this head cold, walk or back to the gym -N, N
4) DRINK MORE WATER Y, Y

I started Tuesday. I chose the oatmeal yesterday BTW.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

I did a bit of snacking on cashews last night and my weight is up this morning.
I am going to get my knitting project out to work on this evening and curb my snacking habit.

10/15
calories: 1365, gained .6 of a pound

I am going to try recording my calories and the next days weight for a while.

Last edited by libby135; 10-16-2014 at 02:10 AM.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

I need to amp up the water intake. When I don't quench my thirst, I am looking for snacks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.