Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread, October 13th - October 19th -- Yahoo!! >

Motivational Thread, October 13th - October 19th -- Yahoo!!

Notices

Motivational Thread, October 13th - October 19th -- Yahoo!!

Old 10-14-2014, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator

I have no idea why my reply went up above Jenai's previous post
Old 10-14-2014, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

To those of you who are having a hard time being not being logged in after you have logged in, I've learned the hard way to copy my post (highlight, ctrl c) before hitting submit. Then if it doesn't work, I can just go back to the posts, start a new reply and paste my post in (ctrl v).

Butter_Cup, I know how frustrating it is to not fit into the cute, stylish, regular size clothes anymore. I hope you use that as motivation to get to your goal. Think about setting a mini goal and if you make it give yourself a non-food reward like a new hair cut, a pair of shoes, a manicure, etc. Like maybe at 15 lbs, your half way point.

Becca I would think that for training, distance would be better. I think though that for weight loss, calories burned is more important.

Libby I hope you have a good too.

Hi, Debbie! Sorry you're having trouble with the logging in thing. I am too.

Today is my new start. I have my menu for the day planned out except for dinner...I never know what I'm going to make until it's time to make it. Unless it's a crock pot meal then I have to plan ahead. I have about 700 calories available for dinner today.

I only got a couple hours of sleep last night, so I'm going back to bed now. Less opportunity to eat off plan! When I wake up I'm going to have my oatmeal.

Have a good day, everyone!
Old 10-14-2014, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hi All!!!
Count me in. Also count me as another victim of Chinese food bloat and weight gain. Which brings me to my goals:

1) Stop eating everything I want just because I want it
2) Stretch daily
3) When I get over this head cold, walk or back to the gym
4) DRINK MORE WATER
Old 10-14-2014, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

I have had trouble even posting my food intake, having to log in repeatedly to enter three items. Same issues on the forum.

Copy before hitting post.

I plan to be a victim of Chinese Food for my birthday next month. I may consult the doctor first just to find out what a one time binge will do to my heart health.

Butter_cup, hunger can make it harder than it needs to be. Not that I haven't done it myself in the past, just grabbed something quick because I didn't know what to eat... what I could eat. Fitday has a section for working out your calorie restriction. You will find it at the "weight goal" tab.
It helps you to set some parameters for your eating plan and then you can tweak it as you go. Find out what works for you.

Turkey dinner had me stuffed, but my turkey wasn't stuffed. It was plain turkey meat, yams mashed with a bit of olive oil and cinnamon, and carrots with broccoli, flavoured with red onion done in olive oil. I passed on dessert. When I found myself searching the kitchen later, I realized that I hadn't had my full water ration for the day so I grabbed a glass of water instead of food.

1. No more fast food on Tuesdays - I can stay within the sodium and calorie range, but my blood sugar spiked.
  2. Yard work instead of walking or weights - Tuesday to Saturday
  3. Move my piano
  4. Toss more "too big" clothing
Old 10-14-2014, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,

I decided to wait until after Thanksgiving before coming back...
I shouldn't have waited lol, but that is not a revelation to me

I have gained quite a bit in 2 months ... was 287.5 in mid August and back to 301.4 today

Though I expect the "turkey weight" to come off pretty quickly

I have taken a weekend job so I can bank that money for an awesome trip next year. So now I just need to get healthy for it!
Old 10-14-2014, 07:12 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back , Bea. I forget Thanksgiving is at a different time where you are.

Sorry people are having trouble with the site. I hate when that happens. So frustrating.

I skipped the meatball sandwich I wanted and had broiled salmon and a small salad for lunch. And it was good. So I am trying....
Old 10-14-2014, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Hope,

I LOVE salmon! That would not feel like a compromise to me Salmon is YUMMY
Old 10-14-2014, 10:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by simplybea
Hi Hope,

I LOVE salmon! That would not feel like a compromise to me Salmon is YUMMY
Very true, Bea. Salmon is yummy. But you know when you have a craving... Plus I am allergic to tomatoes so meatball in tomato sauce=bad choice. Not saying I won't indulge! But not today!!!
Old 10-14-2014, 12:07 PM
FitDay Member

Becca - Distance and calories will be constant. Ie. running 1 mile and walking 1 mile will burn the same number of calories. They'll have different effects on you though since running will work you muscles harder than walking. In terms of short term weight loss there won't be a difference but running will have a greater effect over time. Hope that helps.

I'm a victim of home made chinese food, not as nice but not so high on the calorie count either luckily.

Goals:
3500 calorie deficit for the week M-499
Workout at least twice M-n
Old 10-14-2014, 02:45 PM
FitDay Member

Bea, welcome back!

So far so good for me. I'm feeling pretty proud of myself for what I've done so far today. I made a new recipe for dinner, and it was DIVINE! But not healthy. although, if you read my last post I said I was going to compensate the rest of the day to accommodate my delicious cooking at dinner. This recipe had pasta, half and half (which was better because I usually use heavy cream), and cheese. That's not all that was in it...chicken, spinach, mushrooms, onions, garlic, tomatoes, basil, parsley, (oh, and butter). I had about 1.5 cups when I could have have had 3, it was that good. My stomach still feels a little hungry too.

When I logged (and estimated each ingredient for my serving) I was way over what I wanted to be for the day. I had planned on having rice tonight as a snack (with butter ) but I eliminated that, and GUESS WHAT! If I just stick it out the rest of the night and only have my atkins w/ milk I will for the first time in months have made it to my "lose range"!!! That has me excited! Hoping I don't fold before it's time to go to bed.

Have a good night everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.