Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread, October 13th - October 19th -- Yahoo!! >

Motivational Thread, October 13th - October 19th -- Yahoo!!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread, October 13th - October 19th -- Yahoo!!

Old 10-18-2014, 02:05 PM
FitDay Member

Annette: Forgive my uninformed state--you see I thought 'minx' was plural of 'mink'! I figured if you were trapping one of them on a neighbor's land, you likely had many more of them and I didn't think they were pets like ferrets are for some folks. So, yes, we would share quite a few laughs.

Today I've not been as energetic as I was yesterday but the weather has been wonderful; so we got out and enjoyed it! Vicki
Old 10-19-2014, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
3500 calorie deficit for the week M-499, T-857, W-71, Th-748, F-932, S-211, Su-8 Total-3168
Workout at least twice M-n, T-n, W-n, Th-n, F-n, S-n, Su-Y Total-1

I hope the rest of you did better than me this week.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I had a good laugh this week. I wouldn't want my husband chasing minx either. There is a mink farm down the road from us and yes they do smell bad. Mink is both singular and plural. You don't add an S if you are talking about many. Interesting word. My hip is getting better by the day and I am doing more around the house. Tomorrow I am going for physio. I want to know what to do if the pain comes back.
Congrats to all who are doing well and hugs to all who are struggling.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

I know, Libby. It has annoyed me to no end when people use "minks" when speaking of many mink, but the dictionary added it. But yes, we have a small mink ranch with about eight-thousand mink. I keep hoping that retirement is in our near future, but then hubby might start chasing... who am I kidding, he would sit in his recliner all day long and talk about what he would do if...

I'm glad your hip is getting better.