Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread, October 6 - October 12 -- Change Your Day Today! >

Motivational Thread, October 6 - October 12 -- Change Your Day Today!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread, October 6 - October 12 -- Change Your Day Today!

Old 10-05-2014, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator

Default Motivational Thread, October 6 - October 12 -- Change Your Day Today!

Gooooood Monday morning everyone! I am up and at-'em today! The week in front of me so far looks slightly less busy than last week, but looks can be deceiving I'm upping my goals from last week, can't ease in too long!

Let's have a lovely week everyone. Fall is here for awhile!

Goals for this Week:
1) Log everything; cals under 1500 daily
2) Water 64 oz.+
3) Protein 20% of daily cals or more
4) Exercise 3x
5) Dinner is not the biggest meal of the day (or close)
6) Every day, write down one non-scale victory!

Work Goals:
1) Advanced W's DONE this week
2) Intro Done this week (ideally by Tuesday)
3) Catch-up Grade entering
4) Job apps by Wednesday
Old 10-06-2014, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Same here, Terri. The calendar looks slim, but there is so much to do.

Health Goals for the week:
  1. Keep evening meals on track with the divided plate method
  2. Drink 2.2-2.7 liters water
  3. Walk every weekday
  4. Exercise on weekends
Other Goals: (it is ok if I don't finish these, but I want to make a big dent in them)
  1. Burn three piles of brush
  2. Mow lawn
  3. Edit chapters 5-28
  4. Make 26 scrapbooks
Old 10-06-2014, 09:42 AM
FitDay Member

Today starts another week! Fall is here and weather is wonderful. Today I'm trying a new recipe: a carrot soup with leeks and ginger. Most ingredients are freshly harvested except for the chicken stock, soymilk and ginger. It smells divine! Baked swai fillets with mustard are also on the menu with roasted green beans. Lunch was a salad of romaine, feta cheese, jicama and almonds. Breakfast was an Atkins shake. Greek yogurt with raspberries is dessert. All this will total around 900-1000 cals and be very nutritious. I never believed you could get great nutrition for any less than 2000-3000 calories until I started looking at the nutrition in what I was eating and I soon realized nature's bounty was a lot better for me than anything McDonald's had! Vicki
Old 10-07-2014, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator

Vicki, that food sounds DIVINE! I might do fish for dinner tonight myself!

Monday was a fairly good day for me. I promised my DH chicken-and-dumplings for dinner, but I kept my portion size pretty minimal (It was still about 650 calories) and I cut out as much salt as possible in cooking. I'm down a pound this morning, though, so I lost the sodium bloat from Sunday -- I had a takeout sub sandwich, and they're always loaded with sodium! I don't have high blood pressure or anything like that - I just respond HUGELY to sodium, I'v gained 5 lbs in a day from it, so I try to avoid it so that I can read my REAL weight! Today should be a busy work day for me. I have a lot of reading to catch up on, and also doc's appt. in the afternoon (well woman).

Goals for this Week:
1) Log everything; cals under 1500 daily M: 1,350
2) Water 64 oz.+ M: yes
3) Protein 20% of daily cals or more M: 27%
4) Exercise 3x
5) Dinner is not the biggest meal of the day (or close) M: no
6) Every day, write down one non-scale victory! M: Took the stairs all day at work!

Work Goals:
3) Catch-up Grade entering Finished on Monday
4) Job apps by Wednesday
Old 10-07-2014, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Nothing fantastic to report.

1. Keep evening meals on track with the divided plate method The meal was ok, but I felt snacky after and didn't choose celery.
  2. Drink 2.2-2.7 liters water Difficult but I succeeded for Monday. Our water filtration system is acting up.
  3. Walk every weekday Yes
  4. Exercise on weekends
Other Goals: (it is ok if I don't finish these, but I want to make a big dent in them)
  1. Burn three piles of brush
  2. Mow lawn
  3. Edit chapters 5-28
  4. Make 26 scrapbooks Good start on 3
Old 10-07-2014, 11:33 AM
FitDay Member

Today I went for a pedicure after doing a job assignment as a private investigator. I also went shopping and didn't ride one of the mobility carts--however my knees are SCREAMING now but Tylenol to the rescue! I was also able to fasten my seatbelt today without the belt extender--you have no idea how great that made me feel--I almost cried with happiness! I was gone way past lunch and got super hungry but even though I saw the evil snacks at the checkout, I resisted and didn't buy anything. I brought my groceries in, put them away and promptly had a snack of pistachios and flavored water. supper isn't far away and I think I'll make it 'til then!
Old 10-07-2014, 04:43 PM
FitDay Member

I had my doctors appointment and he prescribed stronger meds and an x-ray of my hip. I have to go back next week for a follow up appointment.

Last edited by libby135; 10-07-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

Vicki: What amazing non-scale victories!!! SO happy for you! Those knees better get used to you walkin', cause you're gonna be doin' more of it!

Debbie: I honestly don't think I'll be hitting the DietBet goal, but miracles could happen. I would need to lose 4 more lbs. by next Tuesday! . That's basically my goal for the end of the month, haha!! The week of pizza really threw me off. I'm going to keep trying (and today will be an exercise day for me) but it's okay if I don't make it -- you can have my bet, girl!!!! Good going!

Libby: I hope the new medications help. I know it can be so draining to be either in pain or on meds, and it feels like a terrible long waiting game. Big hugs for you. I'm glad you're at least getting some momentum going.

As for me:

Big day for several reasons yesterday. I won't give too many details since they're still being worked out, but I think DH and I made a big decision regarding his career and unhappiness. If what I think is going to come to pass will come to pass, then we're going to have to be substantially tightening our belts, but I think that we can do it. I've been going over the numbers in my head and writing down a few scribbles and scratches. The long and short of it is - he's unhappy. He hasn't had a chance to chase his dream because we've been busy chasing mine for eight years. Now I am finally settled (I think) and it's time to focus on him and his needs and dreams. We're both scared and nervous, but if we don't do it now, we'll never do it. The timing is never perfect (we absolutely need to buy a new car while we're trying to tighten our belts!!!) but we can do it, I know we can.

Also went to the OBGYN regarding lady issues and all is a go, which is good news!!

Scale dipped to a tiny new low this morning. I'll take it! I woke up hungry, so it's going to be one of those days, but that is okay. I feel really motivated and driven and dedicated this week!

I have a lot of work to get done today, too, so off I go!!!

Goals for this Week:
1) Log everything; cals under 1500 daily M: 1,350 T: 1,344
2) Water 64 oz.+ M: yes T; yes
3) Protein 20% of daily cals or more M: 27% T: 18%
4) Exercise 3x
5) Dinner is not the biggest meal of the day (or close) M: no T: yes, lunch was
6) Every day, write down one non-scale victory! M: Took the stairs all day at work! T: I have a pair of dress pants that have been noticably tight. They are still tight, but I can feel myself fitting back into them very slowly. It's not such a struggle to wear the right shirt to draw away from their pulling over my lower tummy.

Work Goals:
3) Catch-up Grade entering Finished on Monday
4) Job apps by Wednesday T: Got halfway through them, which was agreed upon by the group for today.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

1. Keep evening meals on track with the divided plate method Mon - good, Tues - no
  2. Drink 2.2-2.7 liters water Mon - yes, Tues - no, Wed - already poured my water
  3. Walk every weekday Mon, Tues Decided to skip and spend a longer day burning
  4. Exercise on weekends
  • Burn three piles of brush - Prepping for today
  • Mow lawn
  • Edit chapters 5-28
  • Make 26 scrapbooks - 5 partly done, need to buy stickers

I forgot to add that I have started taking my blood sugar readings two hours after a meal. Monday I only took my morning fasting reading, it was high. Tuesday I tested after every meal and have to rethink a few items. I was high after lunch which was veggies, and even higher after dinner. This means I have to adjust my overall diet.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Laugh of the day - I was burning in the back yard. I sat on the steps to rest for a moment, then got up to walk back to the fire. Something wasn't right. My pants were so loose they fell down to my thighs.

I dug out a smaller pair.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.