Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Accountability Sep 29 -Oct 5 >

Motivation and Accountability Sep 29 -Oct 5

Community
Notices

Motivation and Accountability Sep 29 -Oct 5

Old 10-02-2014, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Christy, I checked out your blog. You make nice things. I haven't been sewing much lately because it hurts to sit for long. I love to sew and will get back to it when I am feeling better.

Debbie, I haven't been to a chiropractor but have heard some horror stories that have turned me off. If I knew of a good one I would probably go.

Vicki, congrats on fitting into smaller clothes.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:25 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rosabella2012
Terri: Are you a professor and if so, what do you teach? Just curious.

Today I have on a skirt I haven't worn in probably 2-3 years or maybe more! I never liked it because it has an elastic waist and it was always too tight and uncomfortable. Well, today is fits fine and is very comfortable! Hooray for me!

Going out to eat tonight--now I gotta decide do I want seafood or steak! I'll check back in later. Vicki
I went through all my put away clothes and they were all too worn out to wear out tonight.
I chose salmon tonight. I even went back for seconds on vegetables. My dinner out was buffet style.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:35 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, I'm so sorry you are having so much pain. I hope you find some relief soon!!!

Vicki, congrats on the smaller size!

Terri,
you always sound to be so busy. I don't know how you keep up! A.F. always makes me super tired and very hungry too. But I have found the weight I gain during that week quickly comes off the next week. I don't have a green thumb at all. I've managed to kill every plant I've ever tried to grow. Except for one lone sunflower one time in my front yard. Sorry I can't help with your plant.

I had an ok, so-so day, but ended on a bad note. I had 1.5 pb&j sandwiches. The rest of the day wasn't so bad though. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
Old 10-03-2014, 01:25 AM
Super Moderator

Libby: So, so sorry for your pain That sounds awful and I hope you get relief soon. I will be thinking of you!

Vicki: I am a professor I teach psychology and neuroscience, which is where my research is. I teach at an undergraduate college, so most of my students that I ever mention are undergraduates. I love my job! Huge kudos on a skirt fitting, it's the BEST to fit back into old clothes! High-five!

Jenai: Thanks for the thoughts for my poor plant. I'm thinking that one part of it is likely just going to die, and when it does, I will dead-head it. It could be a variety of things. Maybe I had it too close to the window? Maybe it needs a bigger holder, too. Who knows! Haha. I will ask around the office. PB&J sandwiches aren't terrible and you could have had a lot more - don't beat yourself up too much.

As for me:

My weigh in this morning was largely a relief - I will take 178.6 It's 2 lbs, up from my lowest weight, but if even some of it is water weight from Aunt Flo, then I'm hoping it will come off quickly and I'll be back into the mid-70s. I feel like I'm getting the bloat out of my system, too.

Completely gross weather here today - rainy and cold, what an end to a busy week, though! I think I did pretty good on my procrastinating habits, even though I haven't gotten in any exercise yet. One day at a time. My plan today is to leave a little earlier than normal and get home to do some cleaning. This weekend I will finish my exam grading and get papers read - our seniors have to turn in papers for extra scrutiny and I have about 150 pages to get through this weekend, haha! I don't have to extensively comment; I just have to see whether they're good enough or if I think revision is necessary. Given that the gross weather is supposed to continue until Sunday, I'm hopeful I won't be too distracted and can bang it out. I will post this weekend, too! See you guys later!

Fitness Goals for this week:
1) Log everything that goes into my mouth. Try to keep it under 1500, but it's more important just to log it M: 955 T: 1,431 W: 1,452 Th: 1,321
2) Water 64 oz. daily M: yes T: I don't think so W: yes Th: yes, barely
3) In bed by 10:30 every night, NO EXCUSES. NONE. M: 10:29! T: no W: no Th: No - I need to do better!
4) Limit distractions at work. No Facebook/other websites except on lunch break (Fitday exception to log any food) M: I did limit, but I logged onto Facebook briefly a couple times in the afternoon T: yes! W: Only logged on FB once while I was waiting for a call to be returned Th: yes!
5) Working out is a bonus goal. Log any workouts here.
6) Weigh in on Friday, good, bad, or ugly F: 178.6 -- I will TAKE it. I was worried I'd see 180 again.

Work-related goals (these are teaching and research-related goals, don't worry if they don't make sense!):
1) Monday: 339 Article write-ups graded and entered M: All but three, which I consider a win!
2) Tuesday: 339 Worksheets graded/entered; 157 quizzes graded T: Quizzes yes, worksheets no, because they're actually due Thursday (oops)
3) Wednesday: Poster introduction done/comments back to student on Methods/Results. Schedule phone meeting with student W: Comments to student and scheduling phone meeting done, also worked on a DIFFERENT paper as added, but not intro to first student's work.
4) Thursday/Friday: head start on exam grading. Advanced W papers read. Th: I got 1/3 of all exams graded (the easy-to-grade parts). Papers are not read yet - this will be a weekend project. But I also got some good work on paper/posters with 2 students and 1 hr. phone conference.

~Terri
Old 10-03-2014, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

1. Diet - specifically recording my intake - I may also be recording blood sugar testing to get a snapshot of my eating habits as it pertains to diabetes. No No No Partial Try again Friday
2. Exercise - Walking at least 4 days - I am ready to increase my mile to perhaps 1.5 miles without a rest. No No No No Friday, you would think my husband could catch a little mouse in the house on his own, but no. I missed my walk window.
3. Music - specifically piano practice Not at all this week
4. Writing - Although I had a wonderful dream last night, I need to quickly write that out and then finish my last story still. I managed some editing.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Wellness goals
1. Walk at least 5 days this week. M: No T: Yes W: Yes Th: Yes F: No but I did do a yard sale this morning and then hauled all my stuff to storage so I still kinda got a workout in
2. Get back to drinking 80-100 oz of water a day (I've been drinking water but not that much lately). M: Yes T: Yes W: Yes Th: Yes
3. Keep my calories as close to 1800 as possible. M: No T: Yes W: Yes Th: No but I didn't go over my high end of the range.

Other goals
1. Work on my sewing projects at least six days this week (got a craft show coming up on three weeks). M: Yes T: Yes W: Yes Th: Yes
2. Work on a project for youth group (I'm the youth director at my church). M: No T: Yes W: No Th: No
3. Clean/straighten at least one room of the house each day. M: Yes T: Sorta...washed the dishes and vacuumed. W: No Th: Yes
Old 10-03-2014, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
I had 1.5 pb&j sandwiches.
mmmmmmmmmmmm my favorite is PB&J sammiches.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:34 PM
FitDay Member

I had several slices of ready-bake pizza from the walmart deli today. I don't know how many calories it all was. It was the only thing I ate all day.

I think I may be destined to be fat. I like food too much. I love the flavors, textures, smells; I love cooking and I love eating what I make. I enjoy finding new recipes and trying them out on my family. (fortunately they are game and not terribly picky eaters...I was blessed!) I love the richness of full fat foods like cream in my sauces.

What is a fat woman who loooooves food to do? I went on a health kick a while ago where my goal was to find lower calorie ways to make lots of different things. They were all ok, but they were more blah than their full fat/sugar originals, or the textures were different and not as enjoyable.

Part of what I do that I think I should be able to change is eating when I'm bored. Also, I don't eat often enough, and I'm sure that's one of the reasons my metabolism is out of whack.

But seriously. Is there any hope for me since I looooove making and eating food so much? It's probably my best talent and I'm proud of being able to create delicious things. I do well for a while, but then I go right back to what I was doing before. I feel deprived and then I start eating every single thing that I missed so much. I don't know. Thoughts?
Old 10-03-2014, 05:01 PM
FitDay Member

Just for the record, I'm a nurse and have been since 1984. I'm a wife, and mother to a disabled child. I have been a foster parent and have 2 grandsons from a former foster child. Along the way, I've also been the manager of a shelter for battered women and their children. I now am a counselor with a Sexual Trauma unit.

Thanks, I'm glad I can fit into some of my smaller clothes. My goal is to get rid of the bigger clothes as I get into the smaller ones--I don't want to keep the bigger ones around because I never want to be this big again EVER! So today I got out some of the smaller clothes to see what fit me now and plan on rotating them into wearable clothes.

Last night when we went out, I ordered one grilled pork chop, greens and steamed greenbeans with peppers--no bread, butter or dessert! Diet soda & water to drink. I even brought half of the pork and veggies home to have for lunch today! Vicki
Old 10-04-2014, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

Vicki, we need more people like you who reach out to help others. Thank you for all you do. Your supper last night was a very good choice and you brought some of it home for lunch today. I often do that because I find the portion sizes in restaurants to be too big for one meal. Congrats on getting into smaller clothes. I have several sized clothes in my closet and I am in the biggest size now and I don't want to buy any bigger clothes. I either have to stay the same weight or lose and I would rather lose. Have a good week end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.