Notices

Motivation and Accountability Sep 29 -Oct 5

Old 09-30-2014, 10:52 AM
FitDay Member

Nice to 'meet' you Vicki. I too have asthma (had it since I was 5 months old so for 36 years). I luckily don't have to take medication anymore. Exercise does help that.

Good that you're getting guidance from your doctor. Sounds like you have a great plan laid out!

I stopped drinking diet sodas about a year and a half ago because I couldn't tolerate the artificial sweetners (any of them). Last November I quit caffeine. When I do have a soda, it's a clear one (7Up, Sprite, or ginger ale). That was huge for me!

I too prefer fresh foods. I don't use salt to season my foods. Quit that back in college. Food tastes so much better when you can actually taste it! :-)
Old 09-30-2014, 03:39 PM
FitDay Member

Terri, Awww, how nice of your dh to have a nice healthy dinner for you when you got home. Surprised BofA was not good with you since fraud protection is one of the things they tout so much. I've been with them for a gazillion years it seems, and I've never had issue with them, or when I have had a problem it's always been resolved. Hope your next bank is better for you!

Christy congrats on getting down to the 330's!

Debbie, so nice to see the 3+ gone from the scale I bet, regardless of what kind of weight it is.

Annette, be careful doing your burn. Glad to hear they gave you some masks.

Day for me started off fine, but ended on a sweet but bum note. My daughter had a choir concert tonight for school, and on our way home dh stopped and got everyone an ice cream.

Made a beef roast in the crock pot today and shredded it, but not super fine. Put some seasonings in, cooked up some bell peppers, onions and garlic and had fajitas for dinner. It was really good. I don't usually make fajitas. I'm not a huge fan of beef, and I don't know how to cook traditional fajita type beef properly. I got a couple good sized beef roasts on sale a couple weeks ago so needed to figure out a way to use it. Shredded beef may not be typical for a fajita, but with the fajita seasoning it was still really good. I still had lots leftover of both the meat and veggies that I put in freezer bags into the freezer to save for another day. And they were pretty healthy.

Still aiming for each day to be a little better. I'm struggling. Good to see that many of you are doing well!
Old 10-01-2014, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator

Annette: I hope that you're able to do the burning safely! I'd be inclined to listen to the handsome young fireman

Vicki: Sounds like a sensible plan to me! Welcome and good luck working on it; I like that you included "life" goals too - I sometimes do that!

Jenai: Yeah, DH is a sweetie. He's very supportive and he tries. Sometimes he's like "Hey, we should go out to eat!" or "Hey, you should have a beer!" but I think he's trying to remember to get me to moderate. Also, I say if you think it's a fajita, it's probably a fajita!! Who cares if you make it a slightly different way? It was yummy and sounded nutritious, and leftovers are always nice!

As for me:

Yesterday was a good day work-wise, but not food-wise. I was very hungry. I think Aunt Flo has something to do with that, but I did manage to keep it under 1500. I also didn't get to bed until 11:20 - no excuses, I was watching playoff baseball. Today will be better on that front! I think I'm making pork chops for dinner tonight, with some green beans and maybe baked potatoes! I make a VERY good pork chop, and when you cook it bone-in the flavor is there but you actually overall eat less meat, at least I think so. I don't season with anything but a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and a seasoning mix that's basically garlic powder, onion powder, and some fresh herbs.

God, two years ago I could barely heat up soup. Now look at me! Haha!

Today I'm hoping to also get a lot of work/writing done. I don't lecture today or tomorrow, so lecture prep is minimal and I have papers to catch up on for a conference next month. Have a great day everyone!!

Fitness Goals for this week:
1) Log everything that goes into my mouth. Try to keep it under 1500, but it's more important just to log it M: 955 T: 1,431
2) Water 64 oz. daily M: yes T: I don't think so
3) In bed by 10:30 every night, NO EXCUSES. NONE. M: 10:29! T: no
4) Limit distractions at work. No Facebook/other websites except on lunch break (Fitday exception to log any food) M: I did limit, but I logged onto Facebook briefly a couple times in the afternoon T: yes!
5) Working out is a bonus goal. Log any workouts here.
6) Weigh in on Friday, good, bad, or ugly

Work-related goals (these are teaching and research-related goals, don't worry if they don't make sense!):
1) Monday: 339 Article write-ups graded and entered M: All but three, which I consider a win!
2) Tuesday: 339 Worksheets graded/entered; 157 quizzes graded T: Quizzes yes, worksheets no, because they're actually due Thursday (oops)
3) Wednesday: Poster introduction done/comments back to student on Methods/Results. Schedule phone meeting with student
4) Thursday/Friday: head start on exam grading. Advanced W papers read.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Wellness goals
1. Walk at least 5 days this week. T: Yes
2. Get back to drinking 80-100 oz of water a day (I've been drinking water but not that much lately). T: Yes
3. Keep my calories as close to 1800 as possible. T: Yes

Other goals
1. Work on my sewing projects at least six days this week (got a craft show coming up on three weeks). T: Yes
2. Work on a project for youth group (I'm the youth director at my church). T: Yes
3. Clean/straighten at least one room of the house each day. T: Sorta...washed the dishes and vacuumed.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:27 PM
FitDay Member

Hi and welcome to all the newbies. It is nice to see you doing well. It gives me hope. I want October to be a new start.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Terry: Watching baseball playoffs is always a good reason to get to bed late.

Health/Wellness goals
1. Walk at least 5 days this week. M: No T: Yes W: Yes Th: Yes
2. Get back to drinking 80-100 oz of water a day (I've been drinking water but not that much lately). M: Yes T: Yes W: Yes
3. Keep my calories as close to 1800 as possible. M: No T: Yes W: Yes

Other goals
1. Work on my sewing projects at least six days this week (got a craft show coming up on three weeks). M: Yes T: Yes W: Yes
2. Work on a project for youth group (I'm the youth director at my church). M: No T: Yes W: No
3. Clean/straighten at least one room of the house each day. M: Yes T: Sorta...washed the dishes and vacuumed. W: No
Old 10-02-2014, 02:02 AM
Super Moderator

Libby: I did some reading back and saw you're dealing with awful pain! Boo! I wonder if it's a form of sciatica?

Christy: It was a GREAT game, but I'm trying to get my sleeping back on track, haha! Great job this week!

As for me:

I'm doing pretty well on work stuff this week, thank goodness, because Monday I was so stressed when looking ahead and seeing what was in front of me. Both of the students I'm working on papers with are finally in touch, so I'm going to try to work on a lot of that stuff today. My grading is in a good place. My plan this morning is to get all my prep done for Friday first (get it out of the way) and then for the rest of the day work on edits to the student publications -- I've got one writing a paper with me that we'll submit to a journal, and the other is working on a poster with me that we're presenting at a conference. I am so proud of them both I could just burst, but they've both graduated this past spring, so tracking them down has been difficult! And of course, they both get in touch at the same time, lol.

My food has been hit or miss. I do have Aunt Flo, which always makes me hungry and tired (and I had a rip-roaring headache yesterday - I had forgotten that I used to get those headaches during this time of the month) and I will admit that I ate frozen pizza for dinner rather than the planned pork chops. But I feel a little better today, so it will be pork chops tonight! Gotta weigh in tomorrow and need to get all the sodium out.

Also, I have this gigantic peace lily plant in my office that seems to be slowly dying. I water it nearly every day, but the leaves are still drooping. Some of them are yellowing, which I know means it's getting too much light (I moved it away from the window) but I am not sure what else to do about the droopy leaf problems! If anyone has a green thumb and suggestions, I'm all ears. Weirdly, the drooping is mainly on one side - the other side seems very happy.

Fitness Goals for this week:
1) Log everything that goes into my mouth. Try to keep it under 1500, but it's more important just to log it M: 955 T: 1,431 W: 1,452
2) Water 64 oz. daily M: yes T: I don't think so W: yes
3) In bed by 10:30 every night, NO EXCUSES. NONE. M: 10:29! T: no W: no
4) Limit distractions at work. No Facebook/other websites except on lunch break (Fitday exception to log any food) M: I did limit, but I logged onto Facebook briefly a couple times in the afternoon T: yes! W: Only logged on FB once while I was waiting for a call to be returned
5) Working out is a bonus goal. Log any workouts here.
6) Weigh in on Friday, good, bad, or ugly

Work-related goals (these are teaching and research-related goals, don't worry if they don't make sense!):
1) Monday: 339 Article write-ups graded and entered M: All but three, which I consider a win!
2) Tuesday: 339 Worksheets graded/entered; 157 quizzes graded T: Quizzes yes, worksheets no, because they're actually due Thursday (oops)
3) Wednesday: Poster introduction done/comments back to student on Methods/Results. Schedule phone meeting with student W: Comments to student and scheduling phone meeting done, also worked on a DIFFERENT paper as added, but not intro to first student's work.
4) Thursday/Friday: head start on exam grading. Advanced W papers read.

~Terri
Old 10-02-2014, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Last night was really bad because of the pain. I phoned the doctors office to see if I could get in today or tomorrow but she said they were triple booked because of flue season and she would call if they got a cancellation. I think I have sciatica. The pain runs from my right pelvis down my leg to my knee.
I tried to exercise it but I may have made it worse. I just hope I get some relief soon. Thanks for thinking about me.

Christy, what are you sewing? I am making a queen size quilt for my DS.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Libby: I make a variety of things. I'm making lap sized rag quilts (I made a queen sized one for me), rag quilt style coasters, pillows and placemats, tissue holders for pocket sized tissue packs, plastic bag holders, and microwavable heating pads filled with rice. I have a blog where I've posted most of the things I've made. Working on some additional ones now.

My blog is (if you're interested): Crafty Creations
Old 10-02-2014, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

Terri: Are you a professor and if so, what do you teach? Just curious.

Today I have on a skirt I haven't worn in probably 2-3 years or maybe more! I never liked it because it has an elastic waist and it was always too tight and uncomfortable. Well, today is fits fine and is very comfortable! Hooray for me!

Going out to eat tonight--now I gotta decide do I want seafood or steak! I'll check back in later. Vicki

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.