Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread, Sept 22 - Sept 28  Keep on keepin' on! >

Motivational Thread, Sept 22 - Sept 28 Keep on keepin' on!

Notices

Motivational Thread, Sept 22 - Sept 28 Keep on keepin' on!

Old 09-21-2014, 09:18 PM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Thread, Sept 22 - Sept 28 Keep on keepin' on!

2 a.m. is officially Monday, so I'll start even if it is a little early in the day. How did everyone's weekend go? Mine was not so good, but I didn't have any weight gain so I guess I came out ok.

I just got home from grocery shopping and put everything away. I did half of it earlier at a different store. They had good quality chicken on sale for $1.77/lb! I stocked up and got about 14 lbs of it. Bacon was on sale for $1.99 so I got 2 of those. We don't have bacon very often, so I put it in the freezer for when I do decide to make some. The total was about $105, but I saved $40! That's a really good savings.

I did the shopping at Walmart at about 12:30am. I wasn't tired so I figured I should be a little productive. After I saved so much at Fry's, I spent more than I planned at WalMart. It was useful stuff that I do need, so it wasn't completely compulsive. I just didn't have it on the list.

I did not buy any bagels. I bought grapes, oranges and apples. I really want to turn this thing around and head the right direction. I've got enough Atkins to last a week if I have 2 a day. Another good thing is that I'm broke, so it will be a lot less likely that I'll go through the drive thru. I did buy some chips, but I swear if I have any I will weigh them out and only have 1 serving. Other than that I didn't buy any snacks. That one day last week when I had rice for a snack that was really filling and satisfying led me to buy another box of that since we had run out. If I get really hungry and have to have something, I'll make some rice. I realize it's not the absolute healthiest choice, but it is light years better than a milkshake. The kids like white rice with sugar and cinnamon on top. I like the flavor of it, but the sugar is too grainy on it. So I was thinking, wouldn't it work out just as well if I made it with the sugar and cinnamon IN the water while it's steaming? I think I'll try that. I like plain rice most, but I thought a little sugar would really get rid of my sweet tooth.

My daughter's softball season is in swing, and their first game is Wednesday. I'm really looking forward to that. I love love love watching her play! She's so cute. She's in 7th grade, and I'm really lucky because she talks to me and tells me all the stuff that's going on with her, her friends, school, etc. The other day she was telling me about 2 different boys who seem to obviously be crushing on her. She smiles real big and blushes...although she knows she's not allowed to have boyfriends yet. But it's fun to talk to her about her rights of passage and growing up.

My other daughter is turning 19 on Friday, and dh and I will be going across town to pick her up and take her to lunch. I don't know where we'll be going yet. I told her she can choose, and she hasn't decided yet. 19! Where does the time go???

I guess I should stop rambling and end for the night. I'll check back in later. Happy Monday everyone!

Goal for today: Make a meal plan (ahead of time) and stick to it. I'm shooting for my lose range, but I'll be satisfied with my maintain range. But now that I just thought about that, is that setting myself up for failure, already accepting and giving myself permission to not stick to my plan? hmmm. I should re-think my statements.

Last edited by JediMindTricks; 09-21-2014 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning, Jenai and Debbie. Jenai, I like your idea: goal for today.

My Goals for the week (?) I never seem to make it through the week with my goals

1) Make it through the week (haha, kind of a joke)
2) Walk or gym 3x
3) Stop wasting time (especially online)
4) get back to work
5) lose at least a pound and a half of the weight I gained back
6) throw out at least 5 pieces of paper or donate 3 things daily
7) let go
Old 09-22-2014, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

I didn't cheat, I didn't cheat, I didn't cheat.

Say that three times with my eyes squinted shut like the lion in the Wizard of Oz.

Okay, so I practically ate a whole pan of lemon squares. It seemed bad at the time but they were sugar free and thin. When I worked out the calories and carbohydrates, it was minimal damage, but still, it's the principle of it.

So I have lost track of things. I need to set some goals and make a plan for one week at a time. I will be back later for that.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

The page just spontaneously refreshed and deleted the reply I was typing. Let's try this again...

Debbie, good job on getting the exercise done. Maybe the program will grow on you and you'll learn to love it. Keep at it!u Yeah, the cinnamon/sugar & rice is a quick take on rice pudding. Just not thick and creamy like a pudding, but still sweet and cinnamon-y.

Hope, I like that you add non-diet goals to your list. I have confidence in you having a good week!

Annette,
if you got by with minimal damage from a pan of lemon bars, I need that recipe! (ok, maybe I don't lol)

I had a little more dinner than I originally planned for. It was so good though and I'm still hungry and could still go for more. But I stopped. I made potato/kielbasa/cabbage soup with a little cheese melted in. so tasty.

dh called while I was on my way home from picking the kids up from school and asked me to stop and get him a bag of ice. I went through the drive thru at McD's and picked up a bag of ice and I didn't order anything else!!! huge win for me!!!

I don't know how I'm going to make it through the night without going off plan. I'm still hungry after having dinner, and I don't have a lot on my list. I have an apple with peanut butter, rice, I already had grapes but i guess I could have some more of those, and I have an atkins/milk left on the list. I don't know how I was so easily getting by on 1500cal before. I'm way over that lately and struggling.

I got on the scale today and I have a little gain, but I don't know if it's from over-eating or from that totm (or both). Just have to see how it goes in a few days.

UPDATE: I finished my day the best I've done in a very long time. I did go off plan, but I compensated in other areas. instead of too much junk food I had more soup from dinner. yes, I realize calories are calories, but I feel a lot better about eating a home made soup than I do about getting a large McD's milkshake or anything like that. It's a good step toward making better, healthier choices.

Oh, and i did try the rice with the sugar & cinnamon in the water while cooking. It turned out good, and I think my kids and dh would really like it that way. I still prefer plain with butter, though.

Last edited by JediMindTricks; 09-22-2014 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:07 AM
FitDay Member

1) Make it through the week (haha, kind of a joke), Y
2) Walk or gym 3x, N
3) Stop wasting time (especially online), NO TERRIBLE
4) get back to work, NO
5) lose at least a pound and a half of the weight I gained back, Y
6) throw out at least 5 pieces of paper or donate 3 things daily, Y
7) let go NOOOOOOO

Jenai. that is how we did it on this site for a long time; I cannot take credit for it.
Debbie, yeast free is going so so. I might just bite the bullet and take the meds.

Annette, I like I didn't cheat, I didn't cheat, I didn't cheat like the lion. I could really picture that.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

Nobody wants to listen to me bitch about my back pain and that is the only thing on my mind lately. I have a doctors appointment on Sept. 29 .
When I feel better I will talk more. Good job ladies.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, I finally made it back. I have about had it with that other group for motivation and support with trained facilitators.

The first week was good because for the weekly plan, I chose to do one thing that I struggled most with after the heart attack and that was get my mind on track for writing. I'm told that focusing has a lot to do with the morphine that they pump into you while trying to control the pain. At times I was freaked because they were giving me a new shot every half hour or so, but they told me it was safe. So that is #1.

The second week I thought I had done so well and finished one chapter. I know I am capable of writing a chapter a day, so one a week is within reason. So I thought I would add to it and include another item that I am capable of, but haven't been doing. I said that I would write on three days and practice piano on three other days. Apparently I am not allowed to plan to do more than one thing, especially when I am "motivated" to do one already. On top of that it is supposed to be something I "want" to do not something I feel that I have to do. So I looked at my calendar and decided that I don't have time for writing or practice, so I changed it and was applauded for choosing to bake sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, low-sodium for another woman and myself to attend a tea that I really didn't want to attend. #2

Then I got the private letter saying that I type to much. Can't argue with that, so I stopped interacting with the other participants except to the ones who personally emailed me.

So then Monday came around to make a plan for this week and since I have not been keeping track or taking the time to preplan my meals, I have been letting it go. Grabbing the meat and starch, forgetting the vegetables. I can't count the number of times I grabbed a carrot in the past two weeks rather than eat proper vegetables. I also was having a problem with keeping my exercise up all week. I was good from Mon to Wed and then letting it drop from Thurs to Sun. I know I blamed the rain, but that wasn't it for both weeks. So, I set that as my action plan. Plan my menu and exercise, then implement it.
Apparently that is too much for one week as well and it isn't what I want to do, but what I feel that I have to do. Unfortunately it is what I have to do as in LIFE or another heart attack or even DEATH. I want to live.
#3 & 4

Fitday is where I belong. I really don't worry whether you all have time to read what I write other than my weekly plan. It is the plan that is important. I also don't worry about failure, but I know that this is the place to pick myself up and dust off the dirt to try again. One step at a time, I can become the person I want to be.
1. Writing this week - edit chapters 26-29, write chapter 30
2. Practice piano for at least 15 minutes each day starting Tues.
3. Menu planning Found and altered 14 recipes for use this month. BTW, its African month at my house.
4. Exercise planning Decided on 3 sets of 8 reps on eight exercises listed below.
5. Implement #3 & 4 Monday
Exercise routine:
  • Overhead Press with 4lb
  • Arm Curl with 5lb
  • Triceps Extension with 5lb
  • Shoulder Squat with 4lb
  • Front Raise with 4lb
  • Standing Rows with 4lb
  • Ball Crunches
  • Side Steps with red resistance band
Old 09-23-2014, 08:53 AM
Banned

OMG ya talking about rice... I love rice with sugar and butter....hmmmmm..hot and delish.....

I got a workout done yesterday and plan another later this evening

Debbie hope ur back feels better

Annette....OMG.. I would have gotten their fries at MCd...u did good!!!
Old 09-23-2014, 02:12 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, How did your plan go for the day?

Libby, I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with your back. You probably said when I wasn't around much, but what happened to it? I still get tweaks and pulls in mine a lot ever since it slipped out of whack a few months ago. Let us know what the dr. says and what they suggest you do for it.

Annette, I wouldn't work out too well in a group that had too many rules. I type way too much too, but it's how I operate. Just stick with us over here. You'll get a lot less grief and a lot more "friendly" back at ya.

Becca, good job on getting the exercise in!

I did it again. I passed the test. This morning I was kind of hungry while out on the road (you know where this is leading!). I thought I could wait until I got home to make something, but I didn't want to take the time, and I just wanted to go straight back to bed when I got home. I ended up in the line at the drive thru for a sausage mcmuffin with egg. There were a couple cars ahead of me waiting to get into the actual drive-thru lane. I went round and round with myself in my head about wanting a breakfast sandwich, how I shouldn't have one, think of all the calories, but it's easy and tasty, etc. Right as the car in front of me pulled up leaving me a space to get into the drive-thru lane, I drove off. I did it! I left the drive thru and just went home. Had there not been a line I don't know that I would have made the same decision. But it was one big victory in my day.

I have had about 2 oz of chips today. Other than that, just dinner. It was a casserole, and I didn't weigh it or measure it. It's nearly impossible to estimate the calories when everything is just all mixed together. It had some high calorie ingredients like sour cream, ritz on top and cheese mixed in, but it also had lots of vegetables and chicken. I'm sure I had too much. But like I said yesterday, I think choosing more dinner over a bad dessert or lots of snacking is a better choice, health-wise. Calorie-wise I don't know that there's a difference, but I'm practicing on getting away from snacking and sweets. I think I had a win.

I didn't weight myself today. I'm a little nervous about it, because it's really getting up there, close to back to where I started (again). I'm working at it. i'm coming back around to where I need to be. Slowly, maybe, but I'm getting there.

UPDATE: I'm doing better and better! I was about to grab 2 Poptarts out of the pantry. I looked at the calories. Although a serving is one poptart, I knew I would have both in the package. For both it would have been 380 calories. yikes. I made a better choice, and I've been munching on grapes made a serving of rice. Feeling much better about how things are going.

ANOTHER UPDATE: (a couple hours since last update). Maybe I'm not feeling so good about things after all. I entered my food into my log for today, and my day is only 1/2 done since I stay up most of the night, and I'm over 2000 calories for the day. I estimated the amounts of each of the ingredients I had for dinner and it came to nearly 800 calories. I had some chips, which I admit I shouldn't have had. Then I had grapes, and I had rice with butter. The rice and butter was about 350 calories. I didn't think I had eaten very much today. Honestly I don't feel that I have, and I'm feeling hungry now. I thought I had done so well today, too. What a bubble burst. Now I'm feeling kinda crappy about things again.

Last edited by JediMindTricks; 09-23-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

1) Make it through the week (haha, kind of a joke), Y, Y
2) Walk or gym 3x, N, Y
3) Stop wasting time (especially online), NO TERRIBLE, better
4) get back to work, NO, YES
5) lose at least a pound and a half of the weight I gained back, start ,Y
6) throw out at least 5 pieces of paper or donate 3 things daily, Y, ?
7) let go NOOOOOOO Sorta

Libby, I will listen to you. I am going for acupuncture today for my back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.