Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread, Sept 22 - Sept 28  Keep on keepin' on! >

Motivational Thread, Sept 22 - Sept 28 Keep on keepin' on!

Notices

Motivational Thread, Sept 22 - Sept 28 Keep on keepin' on!

Old 09-24-2014, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai, I just survived the drive-thru at McD's. Black coffee and come home for brunch.
I have work done on my car this morning. I was late getting up so I didn't have time to weigh, have breakfast, or even stop for coffee. I went straight to the mechanic, popped a bottle of water out of the back and went for a morning walk from there. 2.1 km and I still had a wait when I got back.
I got my coffee on the way back and my first food of the day at 11:30 am.
Multigrain bun with 1 oz Swiss cheese.
1. Writing this week - edit chapters 26-29, write chapter 30
2. Practice piano for at least 15 minutes each day starting Tues. No
3. Menu planning Found and altered 14 recipes for use this month. BTW, its African month at my house.
4. Exercise planning - Decided on 3 sets of 8 reps on eight exercises listed below.
5. Implement #3 & 4 Monday
Old 09-24-2014, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Just checking in to see how all my slackers are doing!! Oh wait... I'm the slacker.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:08 PM
FitDay Member

Hope, let us know how the acupuncture goes.

Annette,
good for you on getting out walking while you had to wait. That was a really excellent choice...I don't think I'd have ever made the same one. Good for you!

Hello Mike!

I survived the mental struggle of the drive thru again this morning. I didn't have the best day. We had pancakes for dinner, which I normally don't partake in, but I was too lazy to make myself an alternative. And I had 3 cookies. My calories were higher than I would like, but not as high as yesterday. I'm feeling better about things today because this evening I'm showing a slight loss. woohoo!

Hope everyone is doing well. Keep up with the good, and let go of the bad.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Make it through the week (haha, kind of a joke), Y, Y,Y
2) Walk or gym 3x, N, Y, Y
3) Stop wasting time (especially online), NO TERRIBLE, better, Y
4) get back to work, NO, YES, YES
5) lose at least a pound and a half of the weight I gained back, start ,Y, Lost two and gained one back
6) throw out at least 5 pieces of paper or donate 3 things daily, Y, ?, Y
7) let go NOOOOOOO Sorta, yes mostly

Hey,Mike, hiya slacker. Tell your middle DD I was thinking of her; it's the Jewish New Year and she reads Holocaust lit and seems to have an interest in the culture.

Acupuncture is keeping me going. I have been going through spells of having serious back pain for 4 months at a time, making me a little crazy, not gonna lie. So lucky to have ways to help, even if only for a little while. I went to a pain management doc for shots and he said that no matter what, I would always be in pain. I'm gonna prove him wrong!!!!

Last edited by canary52; 09-25-2014 at 02:17 AM.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

I have piano at 9 and doctor at 10.
Depending on the result at the doctor, I will get in my car and drive:
  • Home if the results are poor
  • For 6 hours if the results are good

I will be away from the scale for a few days. I also don't have internet. I don't own a cell phone new enough to handle hot spots, so the only access would be if I brought my laptop and gave up my morning walk to sit in a café. Not willing to do that.

See you when I get back.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, you may have said in the past, but why does your dr say you will always have pain? I hope you prove him wrong!!!

Annette, hope your results are good.

Debbie, when I first got the 21 day fix I thought the container system was flawed because people don't eat compartmentalized like that all time. For me the exercise was too difficult too.

Made another "step towards recovery" today lol. I have 3 options of turning toward home, 2 of which do not go by the McDonald's. Lately I have been taking the turn that goes by McD's and then arguing with myself about not stopping. So today, without even really thinking about it, I took one of the other options and didn't go by it this morning. Progress is good.

Yesterday afternoon the scale was showing a slight loss, but now this morning I've got a gain again. I'll have to weigh a little later and see if it goes down (it usually does mid-afternoon). I hope it does!

i hope everyone has a really good day today.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Make it through the week (haha, kind of a joke), Y, Y,Y
2) Walk or gym 3x, N, Y, Y
3) Stop wasting time (especially online), NO TERRIBLE, better, Y
4) get back to work, NO, YES, YES
5) lose at least a pound and a half of the weight I gained back, start ,Y, Lost two and gained one back
6) throw out at least 5 pieces of paper or donate 3 things daily, Y, ?, Y
7) let go NOOOOOOO Sorta, yes mostly

Hey,Mike, hiya slacker. Tell your middle DD I was thinking of her; it's the Jewish New Year and she reads Holocaust lit and seems to have an interest in the culture.

Acupuncture is keeping me going. I have been going through spells of having serious back pain for 4 months at a time, making me a little crazy, not gonna lie. So lucky to have ways to help, even if only for a little while. I went to a pain management doc for shots and he said that no matter what, I would always be in pain. I'm gonna prove him wrong!!!!
She just turned 18
Old 09-26-2014, 06:03 AM
FitDay Member

) Make it through the week (haha, kind of a joke), Y, Y,Y, Y
2) Walk or gym 3x, N, Y, Y, Y
3) Stop wasting time (especially online), NO TERRIBLE, better, Y,so so
4) get back to work, NO, YES, YES, NO
5) lose at least a pound and a half of the weight I gained back, start ,Y, Lost two and gained one back, ?
6) throw out at least 5 pieces of paper or donate 3 things daily, Y, ?, Y, Y
7) let go NOOOOOOO Sorta, yes mostly, NOOOOOO
Old 09-26-2014, 06:06 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai, something with vertebrae outta place plus fibro.

Mike, NOOOOOOO!!!! Say happy birthday to the young'un, I mean young woman, from her friends up north!!!
Old 09-26-2014, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

My first chance online.

I walked 1 mile this morning... for a great cup of coffee. I arrived at 7:30, they opened at 8 am. Tomorrow morning I am parking over here and then walking for one mile so I can have a coffee after.

My test results. My heart was down to 40% efficiency back in July. Now it is at 72%. I went on my road trip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.