Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread, September 15th - September 21st! All aboard! >

Motivational Thread, September 15th - September 21st! All aboard!

Notices

Motivational Thread, September 15th - September 21st! All aboard!

Old 09-16-2014, 03:38 AM
FitDay Member

I need to stick with this group. The other one is not doing it for me. I made a plan for the week and they told me to focus on one thing. Problem is, if I focus on one thing, then everything else falls a apart and becomes a problem. So here I am.

Yesterday was a bad day because I had a Muga Scan. It wasn't the scan, but all the little things leading up, and then the length of time it took. I ate too much, too late.

My goals for this week including yesterday:
  1. Walk 1 mile without resting at the halfway point - 5 days Yes Yes
  2. 1 set of 12 each, 8 exercises for seniors with 4 lb weights - 5 days Yes
  3. Write at least 1 chapter of my book - 3 days
  4. Practice Piano - 5 days

In addition I have to watch what I eat and cook. My longterm weight loss goal is an additional 20 lbs by Christmas.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:15 PM
FitDay Member

Terri, Debbie...you girls feeling better?

Annette, that sounds kind of unproductive to only think about one thing. If you only focus on one thing, you're right, the other things fall apart. Focus on as many things as you're comfortable with at one time to make the whole thing work together.

As for me, sad to say I didn't follow my plan. First, I was starving and did have an Egg McMuffin this morning. I just didn't think an atkins w/ milk would cut it. I need to find healthier alternatives. I should have had oatmeal or something instead since that usually fills me up, but I didn't think of that this morning. Then, I couldn't get my lazy butt out of bed to get the roast in the crock pot so we didn't have the dinner I had planned. Instead we had cheese raviolis with marinara, and I had TWO pieces of bread with a little butter.

My problem is that I snack entirely too much. I don't eat enough to feel full at any point during the day, so I'm always wanting something. And I'm sure I eat because I'm bored as well. Anyhow, after the day was all said and done and I logged everything, I went waaaaaaaaaaaay over my 'lose range', and all the snacking was to blame because my dinner was a normal acceptable size. (except for the 2nd piece of bread, but I didn't have too much raviolis.)

I don't know how to get out of snacking mode. Any suggestions? I know I should have more fruit or something, but it always becomes a waste of money because I don't eat it before it goes bad and then I end up throwing it away. My grocery store also stopped selling HG breads! I don't know why. I'm very sad about that. That had been one of my staples when I was doing well.

I need to figure something out. I really don't want to be a fat girl.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

Jenai: A little better, day by day. Not feeling so tired today, at least so far, which is good.

Something I do to cut down on snacking is that whenever I am feeling hungry for a snack, I immediately down a glass of water. Sometimes we mistake thirst as hunger - and sometimes, it's enough to "trick" my stomach and that wave will pass.

I also have gotten rid of any tempting snacks in the house. The only "snack" foods we currently have around are Quaker cheddar-flavored rice cakes (and I can have 18 of those things for 140 calories, so it actually feels like a substantial snack), some Nature Valley Granola thins with a little peanut butter (90 calories), and fruit (right now I have some red grapes). I also have celery so I can make peanut-butter-and-celery snacks. This way, there's nothing I can really "grab quickly" - everything requires a little fixing and a little preparing other than these quicker, somewhat healthier choices.

We also keep cheese and crackers in the house for DH, actually, now that I think of it -- and that was my tempting snack before. I am mindfully cutting down on cheese, and I'm less likely to reach for those now. See? I didn't even think of them! Haha.

It may be easier for me because I don't have children and I have a hubs who is entirely on board with eating healthier, smaller meals. But those have been my strategies.

Annette: Sorry the other group isn't doing it for you, but we're glad to have you here! I'm also doing 20 lbs. by Christmas and am so far behind on that goal, but there's time yet!!

As for me:

About the same as yesterday, a little less tired, which is good. I skipped eating soup yesterday as well, though I did have two small pieces of chocolate which sit on my desk. Then again, I lost over a lb. from yesterday, so maybe the chocolate is the secret??????

I've also got that "rest and recuperate" goal - guess who fell asleep at 9:00 last night? This girl. Sheesh. And still sleeping all the way through the night with no issues!

1) Rest and recuperate M: Yes, mostly T: big yes
2) Calories below 1500 daily M: 1,335 T: 1,180
3) Eat mindfully when I do eat M: yes T: yes, with a mindful snack, even
4) Workout if I'm feeling better M: coughing too much T: Way too tired
5) Keep meals balanced - dinner is 600 calories or less M: No - dinner was 695 T: yes, dinner was ~350 calories, then a snack later
Old 09-17-2014, 12:17 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I wrote a long message but there was just too much negativity so I erased it. Have a good day all.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you Jenai and Terri. And Jenai, hands off those Ritz crackers. Or at least look at the serving size on the label and eat only that.

Welcome back Becca.

Libby, we all have out negative days. Make the best of today now.
  1. Walk 1 mile without resting at the halfway point - 5 days Yes Yes Yes
  2. 1 set of 12 each, 8 exercises for seniors with 4 lb weights - 5 days Yes Yes
  3. Write at least 1 chapter of my book - 3 days
  4. Practice Piano - 5 days Yes Yes

Tonight I have writer's club so I have to make dinner early. Salmon tonight.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:25 AM
Banned

Hi everybody,thanks for the welcome back!!.... had a great time in Vegas....couple new hotels are there since my last visit..so that was nice walk around in them....they have a new area with a Giant type ferris wheel that takes 30 min to go around...we took it at night.. OMG..just FAB
So much to do other than gambling....lots of shows/concerts...and good food!

I hope you guys are feeling much better with colds n stuff...its that time of season again...just right around the corner...

I was having trouble with Fit day yest...it kept logging me out
Old 09-17-2014, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone!!

I'm back and ready to climb aboard!

New Orleans was wonderful, and insanely hot (UGH)

I came in the money in the Scrabble tournament, so am quite pleased! I didn't win it, but I placed in the payouts.

I am looking back at this amazing year. In January, I was almost back to my high weight. At that time I would not have fit in an airplane seat and would have been too scared to even try. I was concerned when I was going on Friday, and it was a very tight squeeze, and I did need a seatbelt extender but, I did go, I did fit (kinda lol) and I had a blast!!

I will go on a plane again - I absolutely LOVED the plane, and the next time I go, there will NOT be a seat belt extender needed!!

Let's get 'er done!!

Oh, you are now looking at the highest (only) rated Scrabble player in PEI!!
Old 09-17-2014, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by simplybea
New Orleans was wonderful, and insanely hot (UGH)
You came to New Orleans and I didn't get a heads up? I live like 20 minutes away. How long were you down for? Did you get to enjoy our "culture" and food? I've met a handful of people from FitDay when they came down to New Orleans. The weather has actually been pretty mild this year.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:37 PM
FitDay Member

Bea, congrats on placing in the money! That's very cool! As for the seats on the plane, they are very small even for healthy weight people. Next time you'll get on with no extender and it will be a big confirmation on how far you've come.

Debbie, I really like the point of view in the article. Maybe that's part of my problem...trying to find the ever elusive motivation before climbing back on board, as if I need its permission to be successful. Thanks for posting that.

Becca,
glad to hear you had a good time on your trip!

Annette, yes, I know very well that a single serving of Ritz crackers is 5. My brain was ignoring that.

As for me, I've had the best day so far in quite a while. Still over my "lose range", but I at least made the "maintain range" for the first time in quite a long time, and that to me is a win. Instead of snacking all day on too much junk, I had one snack this afternoon that actually filled my belly. I had a bowl of rice. I'm sure I could make a better choice nutritionally, but it was filling and I got a lot so it took a while to eat. Also, I did have some ice cream tonight after dinner, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I had it, I liked it, and I will try to refrain in the future. The beef roast and roasted potatoes and carrots I had tonight was soooo flavorful and satisfying. It hit the spot. And I was good about portion sizes, too.

I'm going to start posting on the daily weigh in. If I see the number everyday, maybe it will drive me to make better choices. I'm starting over today. I know I've been saying that, but today I didn't stuff food in my face all day and I survived, so I know I can continue to improve. No excuses. I've got to get back to my losing ways.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:46 PM
FitDay Member

Huge win for me tonight! I went downstairs, made my Atkins w/ milk and watched tv for a few minutes. I was soooo tempted to raid the pantry, but I didn't do it! After I finished my shake I felt much better. Now I am upstairs for the night, and I didn't go off my night time plan. Feeling pretty good about that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.