Notices

Motivational Thread, September 8 - September 14!!

Old 09-07-2014, 11:15 PM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Thread, September 8 - September 14!!

Hello, friends.

I've got to buckle down and get back fully on the wagon. I've been eating on plan during the day but the giving into sweets in the evening, drinking adequate water, but no formal exercise.

This weeks goals:
1400-1600 calories
Log my food daily but not go nuts over forgetting to enter something
Eat according to my nutrition guidelines on which doc and I settled
Baby steps: exercise four days at least 10 minutes
64 oz. water

Last edited by Mern; 09-07-2014 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Good morning Mern! Thanks for getting us started!!

Sorry I went MIA over the weekend, everyone!!! It was a really busy weekend for me, and our internet router was clicking on and off, so the internet was unreliable - and I honestly hate posting on my phone We finally figured out that it was a bad cable and not the router itself (the cable from the router to the wall) - it looks like it got kicked or twisted and it must have messed up the cabling inside. When we replaced it last night, everything went back to normal

I did log faithfully and worked out on BOTH Saturday and Sunday this weekend, and I also kept up with my goals. My calories on both Saturday and Sunday were below 1300. I didn't do so hot on water, but the scale was kind to me over the weekend and I FINALLY showed a loss this morning! OUT OF THE 180s!!!!! I don't know exactly what it was, maybe a mixture of Aunt Flo ending along with the late push or a concerted effort on my end to relax, but I was 179.4 this morning

So! I will keep on keeping on, and hope you all will too. Huge hugs for those who are struggling and frustrated; I saw that Libby had to entirely re-work a quilt (So frustrating!!!! I've had to do that on sewing, too!!!) and Debbie is feeling a little down too from reading the end of last week's thread (boo to Aunt Flo!)

Here's my goals, read 'em and weep - the last goal is new. I'm trying to cut down on the calories I eat late(ish) at night. Still watching my dairy too.

Weekly Goals
1) Water 64 oz.+
2) Strength workout Monday night
3) Cardio T/Th/Sat (extra Sun if I'm feelin' it)
4) Calories under 1500 daily
5) Protein 20% of daily calories
6) Eat mindfully
7) Dinner is not the largest meal of the day
Old 09-07-2014, 11:33 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, Terri! Glad you got your router fixed--I'd have never thought of that cable. Kudos on your good job on this weekend and woohoo on being out of the 180s! Great goals! You are so right--dinner is NOT supposed to be the largest meal of the day. I think that comes from our being so busy during the day that we eat lighter meals to save time to dash out the door or on to other tasks quickly.

Libby, so sorry about your quilt reworking! That must be frustrating but it'll be beautiful when you're done and you'll be even more proud of the extra work you put into it.

Debbie, wishing you lots of good news this week to perk you up.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, I hope the double party goes well for you.

I would like to say that I'm going to be like you Mern, and buckle down this week, but this week is the first of my busy schedule. If I want, I can be busy Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights. Friday has possibilities. I have to know when to draw the line. Boundaries.

I choose Tuesdays for the kids. Not my kids, but other people's kids. I enjoy working with them. Besides, I am mostly administration.

The nice thing about Wednesdays is that it isn't every week. Thursday could be every week. I will still decide on that.

Oh, and piano lessons resume on Thursday morning. I keep thinking that, at age 54, I will probably never increase beyond the level of the average 10 year old taking piano, but I think I'll keep it up anyway.

Mern, Terri, thinking about the make up of the meals in the day, I need to take in the greatest number of calories just before recovery. I can't have large meals just before working hard.

Which reminds me, time to get a decent breakfast in now at 7:30, so I can start mowing at 9:30.

Today's menu includes beef. I think I have to revamp my style though because dh won't put up with rice two days in a row. Unless I do fried rice. Ok, Sweet and Sour meatballs, my old recipe revamped to using low sodium alternatives, with fried rice and vegetables.

Measurements stand at 14 inches lost since July 1. My scale hates Mondays.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all. I was better yesterday and my weight is coming down. I hope to be back into the 170's by Friday. This is going to be a busy week
giving the house a good cleaning so I should get some good exercise lifting bending and stretching. I am putting the quilt away till next week and then I will decide how to rework it. Thanks for your kindness.
Debbie, hugs to you. The pill straightend out my monthly problems and it
didn't cause me to gain weight. I was glad to know when to expect my period and plan for it. I was pregnant both times within months of stopping the pill.
Terry, congrats for getting into the 170's. I am right behind you. We had a terrible storm this week that knocked out our power for four and a half hours
so we didn't have internet or cable. I am glad that your computer problem was easily solved.
Mern, Thank you. It works if we work it. Let's all have a good week.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning ladies Apologies for being such a Debbie Downer lately (man how I dislike that saying! LOL!) I'm officially back on the pill. I PRAY it helps! For the past two days, I've had to double up on Tylenol and Advil to manage the cramping. It's completely out of hand! So strange going back on bc when my husband has a vasectomy! LOL! I'm terrified to get on the scale right now...so I'm not going to for a little while. In the meantime however, I am planning weekly goals and posting them here to keep me on track. I know if I do the right things, the weight will come back off....I just need to stay the course.

Weekly goals
1) 64 oz. water daily
2) follow 21 Day Fix nutrition
3) follow Tone It Up Frisky Fall challenge *edit* create my own personal workout rotation to follow like I used to. I checked out the Tone It Up workout for today and I know it will aggravate my shoulder...I certainly don't want that!

Libby - I'm glad to hear the pill helped you and didn't cause you any weight gain. Fingers crossed I have the same experience! Sorry I'm bailing on the daily weighs...it may just be temporary until I feel mentally stronger

Terri and Mern - Thanks for the shout out and support. I wasn't even sure I would post this week, but seeing you all cheering me on made me feel much better

Last edited by lildebbieg; 09-08-2014 at 03:26 AM.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone. This week will be busy so I need to make more of an effort to eat better. Goals will be simple.

GOALS
1. Eat within carb limit
2. Drink 6 glasses of water (and no coffee doesn't count)
3. Eat 4 servings fruit/veggies

Personal goals
1. Try to de-stress
2. Put myself FIRST
3. Cut front lawn

Jennifer
Old 09-08-2014, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie how is the 21 day fix working for you? The reason I ask is a friend of mine started 7 days ago and lost 6lbs the first week. She has tried every diet out there.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Debbie how is the 21 day fix working for you? The reason I ask is a friend of mine started 7 days ago and lost 6lbs the first week. She has tried every diet out there.
Hey Jenn,
Honestly, I keep starting and stopping so I don't have an opinion yet. I will say that it looks like a solid plan. Hopefully I can stick to it longer than a couple of days to see how it may work for me...I really have no doubt that if I stick to it I would see good results. I like that I don't have to count calories!

I'll keep you all posted on how it goes!
Old 09-08-2014, 08:35 AM
FitDay Member

I forgot to post this week's specific goals.
  1. Mow lawn Monday and Wednesday Yes
  2. Walking Tuesday and Friday
  3. Exercise with 4 lb weights Thursday and Saturday
  4. Piano practice daily
  5. Tuesday dinner ready by 4 pm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.