Notices

Motivational Thread, September 8 - September 14!!

Old 09-11-2014, 12:37 AM
FitDay Member

Gues what today is!!!!!!?!?!?!!!?! Another day to get it right! Yesterday is gone, but today we get a brand new slate to make it a successful day, so if anyone out there stumbled yesterday...let it go and embrace the day ahead of you

Terri - Thanks for the compliment! I always appreciate your positive attitude around here as well! I'm not sure what was getting me down recently...sad really because I look forward to the warmer months, but for some reason I was down for much of the summer? Ah well...like I said above the past is the past, so I'll focus on today. Nice NSV!! I remember in the past, you found it difficult to say no to people so I'm glad the rain gave you comfort and a reason to say you were staying indoors for lunch.

Have an awesome day all! Make it a good one!
Old 09-11-2014, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Still not talkative. My head feels huge, but not as bad as yesterday.
I wanted soup, but had to make it from scratch because my daughter used all the tins of low sodium soup. I need to keep a stash of canned food in a Rubbermaid.
  1. Mow lawn Monday and Wednesday Yes Next week
  2. Walking Tuesday and Friday Yes
  3. Exercise with 4 lb weights Thursday and Saturday Wednesday instead
  4. Piano practice daily No, No, No
Old 09-11-2014, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

OK, my goals, simple this time
1) Eat mindfully - no, yes and no, no
2) Speak mindfully - yes, no, yes
3) Walk 3 x this week -no, no, yes
4) 6 glasses of water -no, yes, yes

Debbie, I am looking forward to experiencing what you describe. I DO miss fruit and everything else. And right now I am experiencing yeast die off , I think, plus the acidopholis is messing with my tummy. The good news is I'm losing weight so far; tho that is not why I am doing it, it's nice.

Terri, toad strangler is new one on me.

Annette, I hope you feel better.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:56 AM
FitDay Member

Weekly goals
1) 64 oz. water daily - Mon - 72 oz, Tues - 72 oz., Wed - 64 oz., Thurs - 72 oz
2) follow 21 Day Fix nutrition - Mon - Yes, Tues - Yes, Wed - I did follow the plan foodwise but I did have some wine which is not on plan...but all is not lost I did well with food! , Thurs - Perfectly on plan until dinner...I was soooo hungry and ending up having a homemade burger which was on plan, but I ate it on a bun and I had already eaten my 2 carbs servings earlier in the day...I would say my cals are low anyway since I'm off to bed and didn't eat any snack after dinner
3) follow my own workout rotation - Mon - 32 min. cardio/abs, Tues - 30 min. treadmill, Wed - 32 min. skipping/cardio circuit, Thurs - 30 min. eliptical

Today's menu:

B - Greek yogurt, cantaloupe and strawberries

S - cottage cheese and Ryvita

L - tuna on a whole wheat tortilla with side salad with my homemade balsamic/dijon mustard dressing

S - banana

D - homemade burger on a bun (not whole wheat )

S - nada

I've got a headache tonight so I'm hitting the hay early. I wonder if I have the headache from eating low carb? It's become clear why I never make through more than a few days on the 21 Day Fix since I think the carbs are a little low for my liking. Maybe counting calories isn't such a bad idea after all See you all tomorrow!
Old 09-11-2014, 01:57 PM
FitDay Member

I think it was Terri that mentioned about the spaghetti sauce? It's pretty chunky and I put it on whole wheat spaghetti.

Today's food was pretty good. Got up to 4 servings of fruits and veggies (cucumber and hummus for snack). Water was low. Find it harder to drink as much when it's colder.

Debbie are you doing the shakes too? My friend has lost 10lb in as many days. That seems a little fast to me.
Jenn
Old 09-11-2014, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator

Debbie: Who knows why we have moods the way that we do? We can blame the moon or the tides or whatever, but I really believe that half of the time, we don't really know what's getting to us. A lot of the time when I'm upset and sniping out, I realize that what I'm acting angry about has NOTHING to do with what really makes me upset, and it can take me days or sometimes weeks to figure it out. So let that old mood go - it happened and it's gone and you're feeling good! You're right that I've found it difficult to say no in the past -- I think it helped that the rain was a ready excuse for sure, but it also helped that I am not close friends with those asking; with close friends, it gets WAY more difficult. But I didn't even think of that! I said no, hooray!

The headache could be from low carbs - I don't think a hamburger bun is going to kill you, personally! Hope your head feels better!

Annette: Wishing you a clear head and some good soup! Rest and recover!

Hope: I hope that your tummy settles down soon. I've never had to worry about the candida (so far) but I hope you get your turnaround soon! Good on you for seeing the positive benefit, at least, while your body adjusts!

Jenn: It was me who asked, thanks!! I do love a good chunky sauce, I'm just a weirdo who eats it by itself Great job getting your veggies in!

As for me:

Had a good day yesterday other than dinner being a little larger than intended - but hey, it was still only roughly 600 calories, so that's not too shabby. Maybe I should change that goal to dinner being under a certain calorie number next week. The real idea for me is to keep my dinners smaller and my lunches bigger (or add a snack) since I tend to have small breakfast meals; my stomach doesn't like to handle too much in the morning. Ah well. I'm still happy with it.

Scale budged this morning to 178.8. That makes me feel more comfortable that I am really into the 170s, but I won't be totally satisfied until I hit 178.0 or so, because that will usually mean that even a bounce-up banishes the 180s for good! But still, happy dance!

I feel like I've finally stopped gaining and re-losing the same 2 lbs. over and over again. I think lowering my dairy is helping, too, though I haven't made it an explicit goal, I am being mindful about it and usually only eating dairy with one meal. Importantly, I've cut out most of my cheese snacks (those have become fruit or veggie snacks); sometimes I will have a small slice of cheese on a sandwich or sprinkled on a taco, or one small slice of cracker-sized cheese at a party, but that's it. I drink milk on occassion or have it in cereal, but I've lowered my glasses of milk, too, and I don't really feel deprived after about a week or so of doing it.

Hoping today is another good day! I may repeat the lunch I made yesterday (chicken, quinoa and carrots) as it was yummy and very satisfying. Dinner is going to be baked pork chops and potatoes - I'll put cheese on the potatoes for hubs and give myself a smaller portion with a salad.

TGIF! Enjoy your Friday everyone!

Weekly Goals
1) Water 64 oz.+ M: yes, 84 oz. M: 80 oz. W: 64 oz. T: 86 oz.
2) Strength workout Monday night M: YES!
3) Cardio Th/Sat/Sun M: N/A T: no, had a work thing. Switched goal to Th/Sat/Sun W: N/A Th: yes, 25 mins high-intensity
4) Calories under 1500 daily M: 961 T: 1,140 W: 1,158 Th: 1,298
5) Protein 20% of daily calories M: 15% T: 31!% W: 22% Th: 29%!
6) Eat mindfully M: yes T: yes W: yes, saved my butt again. Th: yes
7) Dinner is not the largest meal of the day M: yes, lunch was T: Dinner bigger than lunch by 65 cals W: Much like yesterday, dinner was about 70 cals bigger than lunch. Th: no

~Terri
Old 09-12-2014, 12:02 AM
FitDay Member

Terri - Woohooo!!! Congrats on the scale rewarding you this morning for all your hard work!!! I get how frustrating that is to be stuck in the 2 lbs. zone. Have you seen my Friday weigh ins recently? LOL!!! I get it! I'm not going to let it get me down though! I do know that if I keep doing what I'm doing, the scale will eventually start to move in the right direction again. After seeing that temporary drop this week, I feel determined to keep going.

Jenn - No, I don't do Shakeology shakes (I think that stuff is way over priced!) and I don't normally use a protein shake. I know many people find them filling, but for some reason I don't. Liquid calories just don't keep me full for more than a half hour. If I'm really trying to hit some protein macros, I may add in a protein drink but that's only when I'm lifting heavier weights. Right now I'm doing mostly cardio based stuff because I don't want to aggravate my shoulder. Probably more of an answer than you were looking for! LOL!!

Hope - Sorry to hear the acidopholis isn't agreeing with you. When I did the candida diet I took bifidus and had no problems with it. I'm not sure what the difference between the two are? Maybe you adjust to it after some time? I loved the benefits of the diet!

I slept like a baby last night! I was in bed by 8:30 pm and didn't wake up until 4:00 am.....7.5 hours without waking up!!!! This never happens!!! Even though I didn't have any snacks (healthy snacks that is!) last night, the scale was still up a pound this morning. I'm not letting it get me down though....I'm still bound and determined! The weekends are always hard, but I'm going to go my very best to stay on track...of course allowing myself a little wine...after all it is the weekend people!

Have an awesome day!
Old 09-12-2014, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

My plans are going to be changable for the next six weeks.

Today, and for next Monday through Friday, I will be walking a little girl to preschool. Her mom is expecting and the walk is bringing on Braxton Hicks really bad.

I have joined a six week group for Chronic Disease. They will be pushing for daily exercise, diet, and motivation in this group, so it will be hard to keep two up. I will still use Fitday for my log because, frankly, their system is nowhere near as efficient.
I will keep up with the daily weigh-in here. Then when the six weeks is up, I will be back.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

Curious if anyone has ever seen this website? It's tempting to join in! Maybe good for motivation!?!?! It's been so quiet around here and I find that personally affects my motivation. I want to be part of something where check ins and activity is more frequent...no offense intended to my fitday friends of course It would be fun to have friends join in with me!
Old 09-12-2014, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

Debbie: I just heard about that website on the news the other day - it seems like fun!!! Although I wouldn't want to lose money, haha, I'm always game for stuff like that if you want a pal Thanks for the kudos on my loss. Bounced RIGHT back up again today, but I know it's just sodium. Keep up that determination! The scale is a DIRTY LIAR!

Annette: Good luck with your new group! I'll miss your posts but I'm glad we'll still see you around a little bit!

As for me:

I am showing a bloat gain of about 2 lbs. this morning from crazy sodium yesterday. I woke up with a sore throat that got worse and worse, and I ended up eating little snippets of food at a time and drinking a lot of tea. I also did cave and eat three pieces of Domino's cheesy bread that DH brought home (sick makes me want comfort food HARD - but three pieces of that bread hits the daily limit of sodium! YIKES!). I also had a can of soup (another sodium bomb) and crackers (more sodium!). Between all of that, the gain was not surprising at all. I'm hoping I can lose it in a day or two if I'm vigilant. I know it's not real, so I'm not going to let it get me down. I made actual progress this week! The calorie number wasn't actually terrible, it's just the salt.

Weekly Goals
1) Water 64 oz.+ M: yes, 84 oz. M: 80 oz. W: 64 oz. T: 86 oz. F: 64 oz. (if tea counts)
2) Strength workout Monday night M: YES!
3) Cardio Th/Sat/Sun M: N/A T: no, had a work thing. Switched goal to Th/Sat/Sun W: N/A Th: yes, 25 mins high-intensity F: N/A
4) Calories under 1500 daily M: 961 T: 1,140 W: 1,158 Th: 1,298 F: 1,555
5) Protein 20% of daily calories M: 15% T: 31!% W: 22% Th: 29%! F: 23%
6) Eat mindfully M: yes T: yes W: yes, saved my butt again. Th: yes F: so-so... that cheesy bread
7) Dinner is not the largest meal of the day M: yes, lunch was T: Dinner bigger than lunch by 65 cals W: Much like yesterday, dinner was about 70 cals bigger than lunch. Th: no F: my food was really spread out all day, so I don't even know what to count as "dinner" -- if it was the soup I ate, then yes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.