Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread, September 8 - September 14!! >

Motivational Thread, September 8 - September 14!!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread, September 8 - September 14!!

Old 09-09-2014, 11:29 AM
FitDay Member

Good evening ladies Another good day today. 'Time o' the month' is easing up so I only had to take pain meds this morning and nothing else for the rest of the day. I got in 30 minutes on the treadmill...5 min. warmup, 20 minute run and a 5 min. cool down. Nothing near what I used to do, but I'm going to try to ease back into things to try to avoid injury.

Weekly goals
1) 64 oz. water daily - Mon - 72 oz, Tues - 72 oz.
2) follow 21 Day Fix nutrition - Mon - Yes, Tues - Yes
3) follow my own workout rotation - Mon - 32 min. cardio/abs, Tues - 30 min. treadmill

Today's menu:

B - 1 egg + 1 white scrambled with a slice of ham on a small whole wheat tortilla

S - Greek yogurt with grapefruit

L - tuna and dill mustard on a small whole wheat tortilla with a mixed veg salad with a homemade balsamic/dijon mustard dressing

S - banana

D - grilled chicken with hummus and a side of arugula dressed with olive oil and lemon

S - cucumber slices and pumpkin seeds

Pretty similar to yesterday, but changed up the lunch and snack.

Hope everyone else had a good day. I see the quiet trend is continuing....it's been too quiet for too many weeks around here! **sigh**
Old 09-09-2014, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Donna: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Thanks so much for checking in, truly inspiring. You should be proud of yourself, thanks for the peek at life on the other side

Debbie: It is quiet. I'm being a quiet quiet-son too, but I just worked for like 11 hours and am so tired, lol. And I have so much grading to do. I LOVE your attitude! Pick it right back up, girl, do your thing!

Annette: I hope you do enjoy it! Would make practicing all the easier, too. I also enjoy singing but have been told many times I'm tone deaf, haha!

I am SO TIRED AND SORE TODAY. It's to the point where every time I get up or sit down my thighs scream at me. I know this is a good thing and it means I did a good workout (I was very shaky afterwards) but I don't have to enjoy it

DH is doing much better. He says he still feels a little sensitive but he was finally able to work whatever it was through his system. Still so weird, I don't think it was food poisoning but I definitely think he had something bad or spoiled. He said he ate DQ for lunch (the $5 special with a bacon cheeseburger with mayo, fries, and a sundae) so maybe the mayonnaise or meat was bad? Also, that lunch sounds delicious and indulgent, lol. I can't remember the last time I ate a lunch like that. DH has a job where he burns so many calories - he is overweight, but not very, because he just sweats it off all day. At least I know he eats mostly-healthy dinners!

I didn't do my cardio today as I went to a presentation at a nearby University - someone brought in some human brain specimens and I went to check out the talk! Got home at 7:30 and just ate dinner; I was very hungry. But today was a good food day! So far I'm at about 1140 calories and need to decide if I'm going to have another snack or call it there.

I will cardio Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Tomorrow is grocery shopping!
Old 09-09-2014, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator

I had a pretty good day yesterday! I even had a chocolate snack and still was well within goals. I keep chocolate on my desk for my students - I think I've made a rule that I can have 1-2 pieces per week (they're about 35 cals each) but I'd better enjoy them!! I had one yesterday before I ducked out for the lecture after work, and I just stood there and ate it, closed my eyes. Probably looked like a doof, but it was a very mindfully enjoyed treat

Dinner was the biggest meal yesterday, but only by 65 calories, and the cals were still low (lunch was 435, and dinner was 500 even). I think I'm still in the 'spirit' of the goal by eating smaller dinners, so I'm putting it as blue rather than red.

Today I don't have a workout planned, but I am going grocery shopping after work. We're out of lunch things and it gets expensive to buy it every day. Although!! I just learned there's a soup-and-salad bar just on the other side of my building open every day for lunch, and it might start being a go-to. It seems fairly cheap, I'm going to check it out today.

Happy Wednesday everyone! Make it count!

Weekly Goals
1) Water 64 oz.+ M: yes, 84 oz. M: 80 oz.
2) Strength workout Monday night M: YES!
3) Cardio Th/Sat/Sun M: N/A T: no, had a work thing. Switched goal to Th/Sat/Sun
4) Calories under 1500 daily M: 961 T: 1,140
5) Protein 20% of daily calories M: 15% T: 31!%
6) Eat mindfully M: yes T: yes
7) Dinner is not the largest meal of the day M: yes, lunch was T: Dinner bigger than lunch by 65 cals
Old 09-10-2014, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

OK, my goals, simple this time
1) Eat mindfully - no, yes and no
2) Speak mindfully - yes, no
3) Walk 3 x this week -no, no
4) 6 glasses of water -no, yes

Told a funny story about my daughter that would not be funny to her. I knew I shouldn't and next time I won't.

Donna, good job losing and great job maintaining!!!

Debbie, your menu sounds yummy.

My menu:
B: eggs and veg
S: goat yogurt
L: a burger and salad
S: hummus and rice crackers
D: chicken and veg
S: trail mix
Old 09-10-2014, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

Terri - When I say quiet, I mean there aren't many of us posting. Since June, there's only been about 5-6 people posting in any given week. I appreciate all your check ins!! I know first hand how busy life is! Your dinner only being 65 cals larger than your lunch makes them about even in my opinion. You're doing great!

Hope - Why are you going yeast free? Candida or to help with the Fibro?

I still feel determined and focused. I feel like it's such a delicate state....it's been months since I felt like this for any length of time. I'm going to keep forging forward!

Have an awesome day all and I'll check back in later for accountability
Old 09-10-2014, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report
GOALS
1. Eat within carb limit no
2. Drink 6 glasses of water (and no coffee doesn't count) yes
3. Eat 4 servings fruit/veggies yes

Personal goals
1. Try to de-stress HUGE NO
2. Put myself FIRST did something for myself in morning
3. Cut front lawn still raining

Had to run errands yesterday and went out for lunch. I had soup and sandwich so not horrible but more sodium than I should have. Had apple for snack. Leftover spaghetti sauce for supper with coleslaw.
Jenn
Old 09-10-2014, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

I have a cold and just want to drown in tea and orange juice, but

I have a hospital appointment today. So I will take a sinus tablet and allow them to pump radioactive dye into my arteries to take a picture of my heart. I'll ask for a mask to protect others.
  1. Mow lawn Monday and Wednesday Yes
  2. Walking Tuesday and Friday Yes
  3. Exercise with 4 lb weights Thursday and Saturday Wednesday instead
  4. Piano practice daily No, No, I think I will call and cancel this week because of the cold. Don't want to make the piano teacher sick.
  5. Tuesday dinner ready by 4 pm I got take out instead. I had a single burger with whole wheat bun, and salt free sweet potato fries.

Last edited by rainbow24; 09-10-2014 at 05:42 AM.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, candida but I am hoping it will hope with the fibro. Not feeling so hot all the way around. This too shall pass.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:46 PM
FitDay Member

Hope - I followed a candida eating plan years ago. It served it's purpose at the time...I felt great and the cloud I had been carrying around was lifted. I was often complimented on my glowing skin! It was a great and healthy diet, but was hard to give up fruit. I hope it helps you and makes you feel better!

Weekly goals
1) 64 oz. water daily - Mon - 72 oz, Tues - 72 oz., Wed - 64 oz.
2) follow 21 Day Fix nutrition - Mon - Yes, Tues - Yes, Wed - I did follow the plan foodwise but I did have some wine which is not on plan...but all is not lost I did well with food!
3) follow my own workout rotation - Mon - 32 min. cardio/abs, Tues - 30 min. treadmill, Wed - 32 min. skipping/cardio circuit

Today's menu:

B - Greek yogurt and grapefruit

S - boiled egg and grapes

L - grilled chicken on romaine with my homemade balsamic/dijon mustard dressing and a side of tomatoes

S - boiled egg and cucumbers

D - homemade meatballs and sweet potato fries

S - I still have room for hummus and baby carrots with some pumpkin seeds, but I may forgo my snack in lieu of the wine??

See you all tomorrow
Old 09-10-2014, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator

Debbie: It's awesome to "see" you so focused and motivated and upbeat!

Annette: So sorry about the cold! Ugh. I hate that. All I want when I'm sick is soup and tea, so I hear you. You did very well at compromising on your takeout.

Jenn: When you have just spaghetti sauce for supper, is it a meaty sauce? I just ask because sometimes I want to eat just a really thick sauce (almost like it's a chili) without putting it over something, and DH always thinks I'm nuts. But I love soups and chilis and sauces and don't necessarily need or want whatever they're over!

Hope: Keep it up! Your menu sounds yummy too!

As for me:

Yesterday it was raining cats and dogs here. I heard an awesome phrase I've never heard before - "It's a toad strangler out there!" I loved it!! I ate breakfast at about 7:30, and then taught from 10:00-12:00 and then had a faculty meeting, so it was 1:00 by the time I was ready to each lunch and my stomach had been grumbling since about 11:30. A couple of colleagues went out for Steak and Shake and asked me to come, but I was able to be mindful and said NO to fried chicken and fries! Non-Scale Victory! (It was easier to say I already had planned to eat inside, and they were like "oh yeah, stay away from the rain!")

I had been planning to go to the little soup/salad/sandwich place in my building and so I did. I had half of a vegetarian sandwich and some tomato and rice soup. Might have taken in more sodium than I meant to, but that's okay. It was not, however, cheaper than otherwise going out for lunch, so it won't be something I do regularly. Speaking of lunch, I need to figure out what to do today - we have some leftover quinoa in the fridge so I might cook up a quick chicken breast to have with it for lunch, with some baby carrots, maybe.

Workout planned for tonight! I'm feelin' good about it! Also got my baby internal grant approved so next Saturday, I can take some of my students to a conference! WHOOOOO!!!

Catch you all later! Time for breakfast!

Weekly Goals
1) Water 64 oz.+ M: yes, 84 oz. M: 80 oz. W: 64 oz.
2) Strength workout Monday night M: YES!
3) Cardio Th/Sat/Sun M: N/A T: no, had a work thing. Switched goal to Th/Sat/Sun W: N/A
4) Calories under 1500 daily M: 961 T: 1,140 W: 1,158
5) Protein 20% of daily calories M: 15% T: 31!% W: 22%
6) Eat mindfully M: yes T: yes W: yes, saved my butt again.
7) Dinner is not the largest meal of the day M: yes, lunch was T: Dinner bigger than lunch by 65 cals W: Much like yesterday, dinner was about 70 cals bigger than lunch.

~Terri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.