Notices

Motivational Thread, September 8 - September 14!!

Old 09-08-2014, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

OK, my goals, simple this time
1) Eat mindfully
2) Speak mindfully
3) Walk 3 x this week
4) 6 glasses of water
Old 09-08-2014, 12:58 PM
FitDay Member

Good evening ladies I had a good day today...nice to feel accomplished for the first time in quite a while. Despite the intensity of my 'time o' the month', I managed to get in a 32 minute cardio abs circuit workout.

Weekly goals
1) 64 oz. water daily - Mon - Yes
2) follow 21 Day Fix nutrition - Mon - Yes
3) follow my own workout rotation - Yes

I was surprised how much food I actually ate today and stayed right on track with 21 Day Fix nutrition. I pray I can actually lose weight eating this much **fingers crossed** This is what I ate:

B - 1 egg + 1 white scrambled with a slice of ham on a small whole wheat tortilla

S - Greek yogurt with cantaloupe

L - grilled chicken and mustard on a small whole wheat tortilla with a side of arugula dressed with olive oil and lemon

S - boiled egg and grapefruit

D - grilled chicken with hummus and again a side of arugula dressed with olive oil and lemon

S - cucumber slices and some pumpkin seeds

I feel satisfied....maybe a smidge hungry but I know after a few days of getting back on track, but stomach will adjust. If I can lose weight eating like this I would be so happy! Back in the Spring, when I reached my all time low of 119 lbs., I was probably not eating enough...especially considering I was working out 1-1.5 hours daily. It's any wonder I've rebounded and gained most of the weight back. This time, I'm going to try to eat more and find a better balance...maybe that way I can finally reach my goal and actually learn how to maintain this time. I feel better tonight than I have in a long time....I hope this feeling lasts
Old 09-08-2014, 05:18 PM
FitDay Member

OK, my goals, simple this time
1) Eat mindfully - no
2) Speak mindfully - yes
3) Walk 3 x this week -no
4) 6 glasses of water -no

I have to plan since I need to go on a yeast free diet.
Breakfast:
eggs with veg ( onions, broccoli. peppers)
Snack:
sugar free dairy free yogurt
Lunch:
Tuna with sf mayo on a salad dressed with lemon juice and olive oil
snack: nuts or hummus with veg
Dinner: grilled salmon and veg
Old 09-08-2014, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

Mern: I didn't think of the cable, DH did, and only after we noticed it was twisted funny! Haha! I'm glad that's all it was, though. I think you're right about dinner and dashing for all of our other meals. Ideally I think I'd like it to be about the same size as lunch, and that would feel about right to me.

Annette: Certainly sounds like a busy week, but I love that you're taking the piano lessons again! Gotta do some things you enjoy, right?

Debbie: Like Libby, the pill helped me, and I didn't notice any weight gain when I first went on it, but I was also 13 and playing four sports at the time, so YMMV! I didn't drop significantly once off of it, either. I was on the lowest estrogen dose possible. Your Monday food sounds DELICIOUS!

Libby: You will get there! One bad day doesn't define you or any of us!

Jenn: Great goals, have a great week girl!

Sorry if my comments are brief - DH is ill with what appears to be some kind of weird food posioning. He doesn't have diarrhea, which is usually the biggest sign, but he vomited and is having gas and bloating painful enough to twist him into knots all night. I didn't sleep well at all - when he was up, I was up. He's feeling somewhat better this morning, but as it's only his second day at his new job, he doesn't want to call in. He says now it just feels like really bad gas. Maybe something in his lunch yesterday was spoiled? Hard to tell. Anyway, I am tired and a little mentally foggy. Dealing with him last night also made me eat very lightly and skip my normal snack, so my calories are way low.

I bounced up to 179.9 on the scale this morning, but with stress + strength workout (I GOT IT IN!), that doesn't surprise me too much. I'll get it back down.

Weekly Goals
1) Water 64 oz.+ M: yes, 84 oz.
2) Strength workout Monday night M: YES!
3) Cardio T/Th/Sat (extra Sun if I'm feelin' it) M: N/A
4) Calories under 1500 daily M: 961
5) Protein 20% of daily calories M: 15%
6) Eat mindfully M: yes
7) Dinner is not the largest meal of the day M: yes, lunch was
Old 09-09-2014, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default 2 years !!

Hi Friends,

Had a busy weekend, but decided to check in because I wanted to mark an occasion -- I'm officially 2 years in maintenance! I've been holding my weight +- 3 lbs of 115 for the past two years, which is a little longer than it took for me to get there. At 5' 2" I think this is a good weight for me, and it seems my body agrees.

What I do to maintain:
  1. Log every day. Okay, not every day, just almost every day. Yes, I still log. It keeps me aware of what's what.
  2. Work out three times a week. Sometimes more, never less. (I don't do enough cardio though ...)
  3. Keep it real. In so many ways: No artificial .. sweateners, fats, or, hair color! Introspectively; I don't have to be good every day, just most days. Learn recognize whats working, and change things up when needed.
Sorry I don't post more, but I do think about y'all.

- Donna
Old 09-09-2014, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dmartz
Hi Friends,

Had a busy weekend, but decided to check in because I wanted to mark an occasion -- I'm officially 2 years in maintenance! I've been holding my weight +- 3 lbs of 115 for the past two years, which is a little longer than it took for me to get there. At 5' 2" I think this is a good weight for me, and it seems my body agrees.

What I do to maintain:
  1. Log every day. Okay, not every day, just almost every day. Yes, I still log. It keeps me aware of what's what.
  2. Work out three times a week. Sometimes more, never less. (I don't do enough cardio though ...)
  3. Keep it real. In so many ways: No artificial .. sweateners, fats, or, hair color! Introspectively; I don't have to be good every day, just most days. Learn recognize whats working, and change things up when needed.
Sorry I don't post more, but I do think about y'all.

- Donna
Hi Donna...thanks for the post! I wasn't online here back when you were posting, but I was really happy to read your post this morning. I'm the same height as you with the same goal weight. I almost reached it back in April but then suffered a shoulder injury which caused me to stumble and fall...and gain back almost all I lost. It's nice to read about someone who has not only reached their goal but also maintained it! I'm going to get the weight off again and like you, learn how to maintain once and for all!

So it took you 2 years to lose the weight..if I read that right? How much weight did you lose in that time? Did you ever have any set backs during that time where you regained?

Congratulations for reaching your goal! You should be proud that you've learned how to maintain...not many people can say that!
Old 09-09-2014, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

1 year from now, I promise myself that I will have been at my goal for some time and will be learning how to be successful at maintenance.

Old 09-09-2014, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Today, I give up the excuses.

Old 09-09-2014, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

Me again! If you can't tell from my previous few posts, I'm feeling motivated and focused today. Still keeping my fingers crossed that this feeling lasts!

Terri - Sorry to hear that you had a rough sleep and that your mubby is so sick! Poor guy getting sick the day he starts a new job! I hope he can manage through the day!

Hope - I may have missed this...but why are you going on a yeast free diet? Candida or to help with the Fibro?

Have a great day all!
Old 09-09-2014, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

No, piano is not something I enjoy. Music, yes, but I prefer singing. Although I might find piano more fun now that my fingers are not puffy from water retention.
  1. Mow lawn Monday and Wednesday Yes
  2. Walking Tuesday and Friday Yes
  3. Exercise with 4 lb weights Thursday and Saturday
  4. Piano practice daily No
  5. Tuesday dinner ready by 4 pm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.