Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread, September 1 - September 7!! >

Motivational Thread, September 1 - September 7!!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread, September 1 - September 7!!

Old 09-05-2014, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Aah! I couldn't believe when I posted my weigh in today that I had last weighed in on August 13. Didn't realize I was off the wagon that long! Luckily I regained only 1.4 lbs.

Aah again! Time just flies by--I haven't been able to keep up with the thread this week just because I've been so busy and haven't had time to log on. It's not that I don't care about our group--just sometimes, even though I don't work outside the home, I get so busy with family responsibilities that I don't have time.

I just skimmed the posts:

Annette, my heart goes out to you over your emotional/mental block you have to overcome to lose weight. I count my blessings that mine is just that I have to overcome facing how much work I have to do to reach a healthy weight again. I have an angel on one shoulder telling me I can do it and the devil on my other shoulder, holding a piece of chocolate cake out to me, and telling me it's not worth the effort. So mine is just a matter of self-discipline and willpower. Kudos to you on the exercise. I know you will be careful to not overdo it. Do you use liquid eggs like EggBeaters or a store brand--made with egg whites and no yolks to be zero cholesterol? I eat only those to manage my previously high cholesterol without medication. Great choice on the yams instead of white potatoes. I love beets but they're too high carb for me--didn't know there were yellow ones.

Terri, what a sweet and supportive hubby! You are so right about hitting that PAUSE BUTTON! Many of us (surprisingly to me, many veterans of this group) have finally caved and allowed ourselves to not commit to logging every little bite of food we take. That can drive me nuts and make my lifestyle seem like I've been sentenced to life in a hard labor prison camp. OK--that's a little overboard, but a healthy lifestyle should definitely NOT be frustrating and depriving for any of us. Aunt Flo can certainly bring on those feelings you had--my excuse is just plain bitchiness. LOL One time, when my 35 year old son was about 4 years old, I told him he was driving me nuts. He said calmly and in a rather instructional voice, "No, Mom, you're driving YOURSELF nuts." And he was right. How about just finishing out the week with taking the pressure off, eating moderately/sensibly without logging and enjoy the weekend?

Aw, I have to go again--not enough hours in the day.

Hi to Hope, Debbie, Libby, Jenai, Becca, anyone else I missed!
Old 09-05-2014, 08:37 AM
FitDay Member

I've done all the mowing I intend to do for this week. An hour and twenty minutes yesterday and an hour and forty minutes today. I did a little hand weeding but made the mistake of not wearing gloves. I touched some stinging nettle. My fingers are throbbing.

So tomorrow I either walk or do the exercise routine. I might have to do both to get even half the workout the overgrown lawn gave me.

Monday I will continue with the back yard and hopefully be in the front yard Tuesday through Thursday of next week.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:25 AM
FitDay Member

Annette, you are AWESOME! Kudos on the exercise. Best wishes for relief from the stinging nettle!
Old 09-05-2014, 11:08 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Mern . Thanks for the shout out. I'm struggling right now and not feeling talkative. Freakin' PMS! I sure hope going back on the pill eases this state! It's no fun!

I'll be back when I'm in a better frame of mind and ready to provide positive input to our little fitday group
Old 09-06-2014, 01:01 AM
Banned

I'm heading to SIN CITY ladies...see you in a week
Old 09-06-2014, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

I know that my troubles might seem insignificant to you but I had a bad day yesterday. I have been working on a quilt for a couple of months now and I laid out the blocks on the dinning room table. Twelve of the 60 blocks were put together wrong so I had to rip out the stitches for those blocks which took me most of the day.
DH was put on the afternoon shift this week and this was the first week he had to work on Friday evening. We had a routine that Friday night we would cuddle on the couch and watch a movie and eat snacks. Last night I ate all the snacks by myself. It was a full blown pity party for one. Now I am so mad at myself. The scale is way up and I feel like crap. Today he is going to wonder where all the snacks went. I am going to need a new strategy for next Friday. Any suggestions?
Old 09-06-2014, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, when your routine is messed with it changes everything, even quilting squares.

Becca, have a good time.

Debbie, hope you're over it soon.

Yesterday wasn't bad for me, but then none of the days have been. I snack, but without going overboard. My focus is on keeping the sodium count down. Truthfully, last night I went over with 3 oz. orange juice that I had stuck in the freezer, the night before it was prune juice, and the night before that it was 1 spoon of peanut butter.

Anyway, today I focus on today.
I will make a waffle for breakfast today, but use fruit syrup, not the sugar stuff I made for the family.
I intend to have a light, early lunch because we are having a hot dog lunch at the church. I may have to attend, but I won't eat hot dogs.
Dinner was supposed to be fish, but the chicken needs to be either used or frozen. So chicken today, fish tomorrow. I'll pick my side dishes later.

For a form of exercise, I will be working with children from noon to 3 pm. for the most part, other people are doing the tough parts, but I may have to organize a small group of kids for games. I am in the process of trying to convince people that I can still handle many of the aspects of my old life. The kids are one of them.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

Wow! Who knew that three hours standing and walking around with light duties would burn more calories than a brisk walk. My feet are still sore.

Today I have a Child Abuse Prevention Training, and although I won't be really active, it will be an emotionally draining day for me. Having come from an abusive childhood, I have trouble with this every year, but if I want to work with children, I have to do it.

My pot luck lunch contribution is bean salad. I had planned on quinoa salad, but I don't have all the ingredients. I had also planned on coleslaw, but I just didn't ahve any more energy last night. Spent most of the evening sitting on my deck with my feet up.

Fish for dinner tonight. Since I mixed my days up, not sure how I am going to cook it.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:18 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, if it was me I would do something totally different. Movie is something you do with hubby so pick something that you can by yourself.
As to pity party I had something happen to me that mad me sad. Someone close to me died 8 yrs ago and there are times when I feel very alone.
Jenn
Old 09-07-2014, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

Libby - Each persons problems are subjective to their own story. Nobody should ever assume your problems are insignificant...nor should you. Getting so far along in your quilting project only to realize you have to rip it all out and start over again is so frustrating!! I'm a sewer so I can completely relate! Hope you are now past the tearing apart phase and back to putting your quilt together. So sorry you didn't get the movie date night with your husband. Disappointing I'm sure! As far as a new strategy...not sure what to suggest except to pick yourself up, brush yourself off and keep trucking along. Get in as much water as you can manage. I remember you like lemon water...maybe that will help with any water retention. Hope this week is a better week for you.

In fact, I hope this is a better week for us all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.