Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread, September 1 - September 7!! >

Motivational Thread, September 1 - September 7!!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread, September 1 - September 7!!

Old 09-03-2014, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

Debbie: I have a feeling I'm going to miss the pill Weight gain can be an issue, but I was on the lo-lo-estrogen pills they have now, and it's supposedly less of an issue, so maybe it won't even be a problem! I thought going off of the pill might give me a little weight-loss boost, but apparently not so much.

Annette: Great job sticking to plan and not going overboard stacking logs

Mern: Goodness only knows what my cycle will be like. I'm going to try to monitor it somewhat and I'm going to make a doctor visit soon.

Hope: Good job on a "blue day" on Wednesday!

(Sorry if my responses are short, everyone. I overslept and need to make this post rather quick, but hugs for all!)

As for me:

I'll be honest, yesterday was a bad day. I was tired and grumpy, and DH made terrible frozen pizza chock full of bad things for dinner. We also had a social event and I had a glass of wine and nibbled too many snacks (I logged as best I could, though I may have over-, under- or just plain missed estimating some things), so I'm up on the scale today. I'm pretty sick of gaining and re-losing the same pound over and over again, but I'm still feeling gross this morning. I probably just need to get used to all of this again, but I can feel my willpower not being as strong. I DID at least get my strength workout in yesterday, although I will admit to using my very light weights and not going as deep as I probably could have - I was going through the motions.

Weekly Goals

1) Eat mindfully M: yes, even though I was hungry enough to eat my shoes T: yes, this goal saved me again W: no
2) Log daily/weekly calories - aim for under 1,500 daily M: 1,143 T: 1,063 W: 1,896 (estimate)
3) Protein 20%+ of daily calories M: 26% T: 18% W: 20%
4) 64+ oz. of water daily M: 88 oz. T: 68 oz. W: No, 56 oz.
5) Cardio 3-4x M: no T: yes, but it was admittedly light cardio W: No
6) Strength training Monday night M: &*^@%(*&#*@. No. This will have to be Wednesday, now. T: no W: yes, finally, though it sucked!
7) Weight in daily and post M: yes T: yes W: yes

~Terri
Old 09-04-2014, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

I have been having a problem in the evenings. After dinner, after everyone else in the house is down for the night. I still feed the rabbit and the cats, make sure the doors are locked. Somewhere around that time I also feel the need to snack. Normally there hasn't been anything to snack on, but the last few days there has. At that time of night I can't just have water or I will not get any sleep for waking up to pee all night.

So that is what I have to work on.

My mowing company has fallen through, so I have to take up the slack. I am not walking this morning, or exercising, because I am mowing. Not like it is easy, the lawn has overgrown because no one else has taken up my jobs while I have been recovering. My son did one partial mowing, but that wasnt' enough for a whole summer.

So, dinner tonight involves beef. I had planned on homemade pizza, but that will depend on how long I spend in the yard.

Breakfast - I'll have eggs today to give me the protein and stamina for mowing.

Lunch - I have leftover salmon and coleslaw.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!

I figured it out. People are starting to notice that I've lost weight and I am starting to sabatoge my own progress. This is what it has been life all my life. As soon as someone mentions my weight loss, I can't maintain anymore.

I don't know what I need to do. Seek counsel? How? I can't talk to my doctor, at least not the one that can get me help. He never listens to me. All he wants to do is give you a pill to fix things.

Ok, back to the lawn now that I've had a little melt down.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Banned

Annette, isn't it nice to hear that from ppl..such a good feeling....take it with your head up and think think think....I must continue all my hard work is paying off!!....don't stop now!

Bea, sorry things are rough for you/daughter right now..hope things start to
get better.

Hope, I luv hummus..do you try the diff flavs?

Ladies, yes I will be heading to Sin city...but Im gonna try and not
be so sinful....I'm gonna make some good choices with eating..and
besides lots walking to up/down strip...so that help huh
Old 09-04-2014, 07:09 PM
FitDay Member

very very bad day, even though I had my monthly phone chat with my health advisor which should have been motivating. She's kind of a nutritionist, but the program is really to help prevent diabetes. So she talks about everything related to that. When I talk to her we set goals each month, things to work on, etc. Last month when I talked to her I was doing great. This month was the complete opposite.

I don't even want to admit to myself, let alone everyone, what I ate today. Tomorrow I need to wake up with my head on right and say enough is enough and get on with it. I'm going to start my day with an Atkins shake/milk like I used to when I was doing so well. I'm not going to allow myself any fast food tomorrow.

That's it. Just one day. That's all I can plan for. I can't think further into the future than that right now.

Sorry I haven't been a very good contributing member. I just need to get things worked out in my own head and then I can be productive with the rest of the group.

I know tomorrow is weigh in day, but I am definitely not getting on the scale.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:43 PM
FitDay Member

I said I was going to work on things tomorrow, and it's 1:30 a.m. so that means it's already tomorrow. I decided to do some planning. So far for my menu tomorrow I have 2 Atkins shakes/milk. I will have one in the a.m. to hopefully keep me out of any sweets and carbs and fill me up. Then I'll have one at night, probably around 9 or 10, hopefully to stave off the night time feeding frenzy. I also have on my menu a tuna sandwich with mayo on a HG bread. I don't know what the rest of the day will bring. But at least I got it partially planned.

Part of my problem is that there's about 1/2 hour from the time I pick my son up from school until the time my daughter's school lets out. He's always thirsty and he loves to go through the McD's drive through for a soda and a snack. I need to stop this for both of our sake. First of all, it's costing me a fortune in my wallet, and second of all it's costing me a fortune on my health. And it's certainly not setting a good example for him either. Of course since I'm already there I may as well get something for myself, right? I think what I'm going to do is buy a 12 pack of the small size bottle or can (like 8 oz or something?) of Coke for him during our 1/2 hour wait, and I'll stick to my diet soda. Then I will have to plan snacks to have at home, but they never give me much input on what they want and what they would like to eat. I'm so over the guessing game. I suppose they'll either have to tell me some ideas or starve. Actually, my daughter complained the other day that there was nothing to eat. And I did tell her, "If you don't tell me what you want, I can't buy it." She didn't say anything after that. lol

So I really need to avoid McD's! I used to be addicted to their chocolate shakes, and I kicked the habit. But I'm afraid I'm addicted again. That's why my Atkins are so important. They give me the chocolate satisfaction.

Now I'm rambling. Sorry. I will make my best effort to come back and be positive and contribute to the group. That's primarily why I haven't been here much. I haven't had a good outlook and didn't have many good thoughts to pass around. I'm not wanting to spread around my negativity so I thought it best if i just checked in once in a while. I'm hoping I can turn that around too.

Ok. So I have somewhat of a plan tomorrow. After I drop my son off to school I'm going to head to the store to buy some Cokes and maybe something for a snack for him to have while waiting in the car. I also have part of my menu planned for the day.

I can do this.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Don't eat so carby - better ,um, yes, NO
2) Don't be so crabby - yes, I wasn't he crabby one lol, I was downright cheerful today - great weather! didn't feel well so NO but I got better as the day progressed)
3) 6 glasses of water - no, no, yes, ?
4) meditate (help with goal 2?) -yes, yes, yes, yes
5) walk or gym 3x this week - no, too muggy, walk yay!!!
6) espagnol por favor - no, trouble with Rosetta, no ditto, si
7) Fitday and FB only before and after work - um no, better, yes, yes
8) plan meals - yes, yes but I went off, yes, yes but I went off
9) read for class -yes, yes, yes, yes
10) no food or very light healthy snack after 8pm - some fruit, yes, we'll see lol...let's say yes, yes
Old 09-05-2014, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

Becca, hi! Yes I have tried many flavors but I favor plain or garlic hummus. And when I am up to it and not too busy (rare) I make my own.

Jenai, we all have our traps. It sounds like you have good plans to deal with yours.

Annette, I was wondering why when people compliment your weight loss, you say it's just water although I do that kind of thing myself. Maybe just say thank you? And I sabotage myself too and so maybe if we get over fear of success, as well as of failure (easier said than done, of course)... I am trying to learn that, as they say, what others think of me is not my business and sticking with things especially when I "fail" is crucial. You can do this. And so can I. My two cents.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:24 AM
Super Moderator

I'll be entirely honest everyone! - it could be hormones, it could be frustration, work stress -- t could be a lot of things, but I woke up yesterday in a terribly foul mood and basically had a rant/meltdown at poor DH about how stuck I am.

He gently suggested I take a day off from logging and thinking about every little thing and just try to unwind a little bit, and BOY was he right. I am feeling much better this morning. I didn't go hog wild yesterday - breakfast was a bowl of multi-grain cheerios, lunch was a grilled chicken sandwich, and dinner was some tortellini with tomato sauce and a glass of red wine (no crazy snacks, no fast food, no sweets -- I just didn't log). But it was good to stop thinking about the numbers for a day and just let myself eat a little bit, again, not crazy, but not fretting or chastising myself about it. I ate when I was hungry and stopped when I was full, and didn't log a thing, so I have nothing to report for Thursday!

I'll report again starting today because I'm feeling much more clear-headed. I think I'm frustrated with my bouncing around for 6 weeks and basically going nowhere (I feel very much like I'm on the world's worst treadmill) and on top of that, I am not used to dealing with this crabbiness, mood swings, and easily feeling down; I'm normally super-optimistic. I'm blaming it on the mood and Aunt Flo.

Sometimes we just hit the pause button. I feel better today, TGIF

I had a bowl of multi-grain cheerios again this morning for breakfast. I am not sure how the rest of the day is going to go because there are yet more social events, but I'll log faithfully and just remember to keep breathing.

~Terri
Old 09-05-2014, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

My issues go right back to my childhood when one of my mom's many boyfriends told me that I would be a pin-up girl when I grew up. I had decided early in life that I didn't want to attract that type of attention. By the time I was a teenager I was attracting that kind of attention, no matter how much I tried to hide it. While other girls at school flaunted their figure, I tried to hide mine.

So I have a huge mental block to get by in order to lose weight.

Having said that, I plan to stick as much to my program as I can. But now I have to start addressing my emotional goals as well.

Even though I woke up in the night barely able to move, I still intend to mow another strip of lawn. So that should burn another 600 calories.

I need another protein start, so eggs again. I will lean heavy to protein at lunch as well.

Dinner tonight is pork. I bought a roast which is more than we can eat, so I will cook it up, take three servings off and then cut the rest up tomorrow for freezing. I will do up roasted potatoes to satisfy my husband, but I'm going with yams for me. I bought yellow beets which I will cook up all of them and put some aside for soup next week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.