Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread, September 1 - September 7!! >

Motivational Thread, September 1 - September 7!!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread, September 1 - September 7!!

Old 09-03-2014, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Don't eat so carby - better um
2) Don't be so crabby - yes, I wasn't he crabby one lol
3) 6 glasses of water - no, no
4) meditate (help with goal 2?) -yes, yes
5) walk or gym 3x this week - no, too muggy, no
6) espagnol por favor - no, trouble with Rosetta, no ditto
7) Fitday and FB only before and after work - um, no better
8) plan meals - yes, yes but I went off
9) read for class -yes, yes
10) no food or very light healthy snack after 8pm - some fruit, yes
Old 09-03-2014, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I like the duck comment. Let it roll off. I had to do that yesterday and it worked.

Annette, thank you for your concern. I too have a chronic illness (fibromyalgia) and a lot of stuff going on. I found your post interesting, your various approaches to health.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:05 AM
FitDay Member

Plan
Breakfast:egg whites, mushrooms, no nitrite ham on low carb wrap
Snack: goat milk yogurt and nuts
Lunch: grilled shrimp over salad or egg salad and lettuce on whole grain toast
Snack: hummus and carrots, small amount of rice crackers or chips
Dinner: grilled chicken and veg
Snack: one truffle or two figs
Old 09-03-2014, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Terri - Funny you're cycling for the first time in a long time. I'm about to see my doctor on Friday to go back on the pill to stop the cycling! After coming off the pill to have my kids and then stayed off, the cycling is making me crazy and the cramping twice a month is over the top! My doctor has been telling me for years if I go back on the pill, it will help all of these symptoms but I've refrained because I was afraid of weight gain. I'm finally giving in and going back on for as long as I can!

Have a great day all!
Old 09-03-2014, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I wish you patience as you catch up on work.

Bea, I have been there with daughters. I have three of them. I hope things are better for her soon, so your life can settle again.

Mern, I hope you have time to concentrate on you soon. Everyone needs that.

Libby, sometimes I think that laundry, dishes, and messes never end.

Janai, I hope you find out what is disturbing your sleep pattern.

Terri, I went eight months without cycling, then without warning... It isn't nice anyway.

Hope, I have to do what works for me. I have joined an online Chronic Illness Self-Management course. I hope to be more understanding of other people's struggles. It doesn't help that I have three drama queens in my life. These are people who want a diagnosis so they can play on the sympathy of others. I also have some wonderful friends who truly suffer with various diseases and do all they can to live their lives around it. You are in my "wonderful friend" category already. I hope one day to be like you and not even mention my illness unless it comes up. Right now, I just hope people understand while I learn to deal with it.

My day before and ahead:

Yesterday I stacked logs out back. It wasn't raining yet and it needed to be done. I could have kept going, but I was determined to stop before I had a problem. I may stack some more today, if I have time.

I have a doctor's appointment today at Noon, so that will take most of the middle of the day, driving, finding parking, possibly walking a few blocks to his office. I hate it when I have midday appointments in a tourist town. Even worse when school is out and parents are trying to occupy kids. Note: Our teachers are striking here. They claim they are locked out. The government says they walked out. No wonder mediation won't work.

My intention today is to do a workout. I will start with age-appropriate exercises and hopefully get back to the workout of a 40 year old. I will start with 4 lb weights.

Breakfast - not waffles because I made this fantastic looking syrup yesterday and it would be too tempting to try it. I will check the date on the milk and if it is still good, oatmeal. If not I might have to do the waffle anyway. Just stick to the sugar free marmalade.

Lunch - I will be out and about during lunch hour, so hopefully I can hold out till I get home. I'll pick up fruit while I am out, so I can snack on a plum or peach.

Chicken - I think chicken chowmein and chicken chop suey Note to self - buy veggies to go with it.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

Trying to sneak in a quick post while 12 month old great-grandbaby is napping. She resisted going back to sleep this morning when her 10 year old uncle arrived here at 7AM and then when she'd had enough lunch she fell asleep sitting up in her high chair while mooshing up the rest of the American cheese on her plate with her thumb.

Congrats! Looks like many of you are doing very well on your healthful eating. Big hugs to you who are struggling. I've got to get back to exercise~

Annette, thanks for your kind words. Oh, golly, you were stacking wood? I trust you knew to not overdo it. How'd your Dr. appointment go? I hope you found a convenient parking space. So what did you wind up eating for breakfast? I love orange marmalade--we can get some decent store bought sugar free here. I love chow mein and chop suey.

Libby, I must confess I'm messy--but I have to clean up my OWN mess.

Jenai, I just got back on the wagon yesterday and don't have the courage to weigh. I have labs and a weigh-in with the doc this month and it's not going to be pretty. Come on, jump back on the wagon with me and we'll both try to hang on.

Terri, it was a real pain in the backside for me that Aunt Flo visited me every 45-69 days so she was pretty much unpredictable for me. I hope she's nice to you. (Sorry Mike and Ian and any other men here.) Best wishes on your suite party. I got a good giggle out of your Monday exercise report. LOL

Hope, your menu looks great--only thing I don't love is hummus. I miss whole grain toast--I may check after my 9/18 labs and see if I can keep my blood sugar reversed from high to normal with one or two slices per week of Ezekiel whole grain bread.

Debbie, best wishes on your recommendations from your Dr. visit.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:50 AM
FitDay Member

I ended up having my oatmeal, Red River, ground flax seed mix with cinnamon, nutmeg, and about 1/8 cup raisins to sweeten the mix.

Before eating, I did ten reps of each of the following:
Overhead Press
Arm Curl
Triceps Extension
Shoulder Squat
Forward Lunge
Front Raise
Standing Rows
Ball Crunches

This was labelled online as a workout for seniors.

After eating, I went to the farm and cleaned up the shavings shed. I would say it was the equivalent to bagging leaves. I did that for 40 minutes.

After a shower, it was off to the doc. It was just a follow-up appointment. No great revelations about my health. It was worse parking than I expected. All kinds of construction in the area so all of the usual parking was roped off for heavy equipment. I had to park 1/4 mile away.
On the way back to my car I stopped to talk to a 74 year old lady and I went shopping for aromatherapy items. I got a stop smoking mixture to use in the van, hopefully taking cravings away from my husband while we drive.

Now, just where to hide it so he doesn't find it.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:05 PM
FitDay Member

Annette, you are so kind ,and thank you for your warm response. I do mention my health. I went through a period when I first got sick when it was all I could mention. But it didn't help, especially since some of the responses I got showed, if not a lack of sensitivity, then a lack of knowledge. Drama queens sure don't help either so I feel for you! People who say but you look fine are puzzling too lol. I am blessed to have a support system and I have learned to adapt. I am going through a flare now, trying to figure it out. I'm thinking tightening up the diet a bit might help.

Mern, I do love me my hummus but it's not the best food, carb wise.

Here's my menu for tomorrow:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with flax oil, coconut flakes and sunflower seeds.
Snack: hard boiled egg and plum
Lunch: grilled chicken thigh with a spice rub and sautéed kale (both made tonight by DH who is a fabulous cook)
Snack: yes might be hummus again (sorry Mern!) with carrots and rice crackers
Dinner: DH's tuna in five spice powder with wasabi mayo ( a little) and sautéed veg
Snack: fruit

Last edited by canary52; 09-03-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:10 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Don't eat so carby - better ,um, yes
2) Don't be so crabby - yes, I wasn't he crabby one lol, I was downright cheerful today - great weather!3
) 6 glasses of water - no, no, yes
4) meditate (help with goal 2?) -yes, yes, yes
5) walk or gym 3x this week - no, too muggy, walk yay!!!
6) espagnol por favor - no, trouble with Rosetta, no ditto, si
7) Fitday and FB only before and after work - um, no better, yes
8) plan meals - yes, yes but I went off, yes
9) read for class -yes, yes, yes
10) no food or very light healthy snack after 8pm - some fruit, yes, we'll see lol...let's say yes

I think I did well today!!!
Old 09-03-2014, 04:18 PM
FitDay Member

Just wanted to say that people are starting to mention my weight loss. I am not admitting to it yet though. My standard comment is, "thank you, but it's all water."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.