Notices

Motivational Thread, September 1 - September 7!!

Old 09-02-2014, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I had a great week end. It rained a bit but It didn't spoil my plans.
I did a lot of walking and when I ate out I skipped the starchy carbs and had meat and vegetables. For breakfast every morning I had one egg over easy with one slice of brown toast and a small wedge of watermellon and coffee with milk. Lunches were coffee and a piece of cheese and fruit. Saturday night DH and I went to see the movie November man. It was good. Sunday night we watched the fire works at the beach. I am so glad tha the weather improved and the sky was clear. Monday we went for a long walk in the bush or what's left of it. They are tearing down the trees and building roads and
Million dollar houses. It makes me sick to see all these natural areas being destroyed. We packed up around 3pm for our 2 hour drive home. When I got home I put frozen stuffed peppers in the oven and started on laundry while
DH worked on cleaning up the dishes that the guys used while we were away.
It's Tuesday and I still have 3 more loads of laundry to do. I bought some quilting material and am anxious to cut into it to add it to a quilt that I am working on for my DS.
I stepped on the scale this morning and was disappointed that I had gained
weight despite my diligence. I will get it off this week plus more.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:53 AM
FitDay Member

I'm back, finally, after Terri's shoutout to me. I never did give up--just had so many social functions to attend in August and no willpower.

This week's goals:
Log all my food
1400-1500 calories per day within my nutrition guidelines
Exercise 4 days as close to 30 minute sessions as I can muster
Water 64 oz.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, thank you for seeing that in me. I have always had it, but I learned the art of ignoring it when things get to difficult. Today I am ready to get back at it, partly because it is life or death for me now, but also because I am a part of this group.

Mern, we all need a gorgeous guy named Will next to us so that we have the strength to withstand temptations. Maybe we shouldn't tell my husband about this thought though.

Libby, it sounds like you had an enjoyable week. Too bad the scale didn't cooperate.

Becca, Vegas doesn't sound like a health aware person's paradise. Have fun anyway.

I'm my dreams are coming back after the MI. It means my writing mind should be back too.

Today:

As soon as my neighbour is back from his walk with his dogs, I will go for my walk. Walked 2.5 miles, noticed that it was a faster clip than previous days.

Breakfast - Nutrigrain Waffle with fruit syrup change of plans - My granddaughter is gone, I can use the strawberries I have hidden in my freezer.

Phone for garbage pick up and call the lawn people, who haven't shown up yet. Get out the fish to thaw for dinner. Go out to buy more fruits and vegetables.

Lunch - leftovers

Dinner - Baked Fish, oven baked chips, coleslaw

Last edited by rainbow24; 09-02-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

I'm back at work today and trying to get caught up! No time to post, but I'll try again this evening.

Have a great day all!
Old 09-02-2014, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone

I totally BLEW it.

I can always recover if I stay away from sugar. I went from Dec 27 to Aug 31st without any sugar added, or any foods with added sugars (it is the only way I can do this)

My daughter is having some physical hormonal issues resulting in problems I won't discuss for her sake. I am doing all I can but it isn't working. She is so sensitive, and things that devastate her, roll off my back without a thought. So I'm hurting for her and exasperated with her all at the same time and I CAN'T fix it. I've done what I can and purchased the only alternative available to her and it brings its own issues.

I'm tired, frustrated, hurting, helpless and now working on facing with a 5 pound gain!!(from 1 day of total out of control gorging) and the sugar withdrawal, because I will keep it to 1 day!! (Back on the wagon I hop)
Old 09-02-2014, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

Bea - a fluctuation like that usually means water retention. You'll shake it quickly!

Mern - glad to see you back!

Libby - sounds like you did so well while you were away! That small fluctuation will be gone quickly if you keep doing what you're doing!

Becca - Vegas! Woohoo! I respectfully disagree with Annette. Temptation is all around us daily whether at home or on a trip. It's up to the individual to decide if they want to stay on plan. And if not! No biggie! After all we should be able to let loose now and then and just get right back on plan. Being healthy isn't a sentence, it's a choice

Terri - You should reward yourself with some new workout clothes next time you hit a mini goal. Sounds like you could use a few more You showed great restraint not getting pissy with your man for not checking on the dryer situation!

I have all my breakfasts, lunches and snacks prepped and packed for the week. This only leaves me figuring out dinners daily! Love it! I need to keep that up, although it did take up quite a bit of my time yesterday...time I don't always have.

Back to work...later peeps
Old 09-02-2014, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

No time to post--had time only to very briefly skim the posts.

Congrats to all who are doing well and huge hugs of support to all of you who are struggling with eating, medical, personal and family issues.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:51 AM
FitDay Member

Today went well. I was busy doing laundry dishes and straightening up the house. How can guys be so messy?
Have a good day.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:05 PM
FitDay Member

Just popping in for a quick minute. It's after 3am and I'm finally getting tired. I have not yet turned the corner back on to the right path. Not happy with myself, or the weight gain...I'm tired of losing the same 10 lbs. But it seems that mentally it's still not enough of a slap in the face to get going with the right things. My 2 biggest downfalls (and are actually the same thing) is sweets and carbs.

I'll get there, but I don't know when I'll see the right light switch to flip to make the light go on.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

Becca: Oh boy, Vegas!!! You'd better do good, but don't use Vegas as an excuse to go (completely) nuts. (You can go a little nuts, maybe!). I hope your holiday was great too!!

Libby: You gained, but I like your attitude that it's going to come right off again. It sounds like a really great weekend, and don't sweat that gain too much, otherwise it can color all those other lovely memories you've got going on!

Mern: WELCOME BACK!

Annette: You're welcome - it just seemed to me, given your stories about your family and your lifestyle, that you must have a lot of willpower and a lot of personal strength, so I hope you don't ignore those qualities - they're great qualities! This group also keeps me very accountable because I know I'm going to come on here and be honest, and get no judgement. Judgement-free zones are rare and precious! Glad you got a good, fast walk in!

Bea: These things happen. Food can be a comfort when nothing else can be - we bond over it, you know? So long it and move on, and huge hugs for you for dealing with an obviously difficult and frustrating situation with DD. I hope she is feeling better soon and that you all can move on from the pain of having something so frustrating in your lives.

Debbie: LOL! Workout clothes are a GREAT idea. I do need some new sports bras. Thanks! Glad you got all your food pre-prepped, I also love it when that happens. Turns out my crabbiness over the dryer may have been PMS - it is honestly something that I usually let go, but I just woke up in a foul mood the past couple of days.

Jenai: I hope you find your personal switch soon - keep looking for it!

As for me:

Woke up with Aunt Flo this morning, so that explains a few things for me, including some potential mood swings as well as the stubborn same weight showing up on the scale for the past few days. I haven't actually cycled since I was a teenager, so I don't know what to expect, and am holding for the ride while I keep on keeping on. Yesterday was an extremely low-cal day for me, and a little carby, but that's likely due to the rice for dinner, so it's not terrible carbs, anyway. My calories will likely be up today as we're having a little suite party at work, but I WILL get my strength workout in today, even if it kills me I saw the food list and there will be carrot dip with hummus coming, so I will try to nibble on the carrots and NOT the baklava that is also going to be there, or the dark chocolate. I am also bringing fruit, or rather, I am going to ask DH to stop by with a fruit tray, so that will be there too.

Talk with you all later! Need to zip off to get ready for work.

Weekly Goals

1) Eat mindfully M: yes, even though I was hungry enough to eat my shoes T: yes, this goal saved me again
2) Log daily/weekly calories - aim for under 1,500 daily M: 1,143 T: 1,063
3) Protein 20%+ of daily calories M: 26% T: 18%
4) 64+ oz. of water daily M: 88 oz. T: 68 oz.
5) Cardio 3-4x M: no T: yes, but it was admittedly light cardio
6) Strength training Monday night M: &*^@%(*&#*@. No. This will have to be Wednesday, now. T: no
7) Weight in daily and post M: yes T: yes

~Terri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.