Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread, August 25-31 - Let's finish August Strong!! >

Motivational Thread, August 25-31 - Let's finish August Strong!!

Notices

Motivational Thread, August 25-31 - Let's finish August Strong!!

Old 08-25-2014, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

Bea: It's great to see you back, even if I am jealous of your vacation! I shouldn't be, though, since this summer was more vacation-y than normal for me. I agree with Debbie - aim for the moon, girl. Some need harder goals, some less, do what works for you.

Becca: Thanks! First day went well I think! I was only a little nervous - I must be becoming used to it or something. I don't use a fitbit or anything like it, but I know plenty of people who do and one who swears by it. Like Debbie, I just use a HRM when I am doing cardio.

Debbie: Water park!!!! SO fun. When I was a kid, those were always some of my favorite vacations/day trips (those and the beach) because I was such a waterbug (though like you, nowadays I don't want to be seen in a swimsuit). It sounds like you had SO MUCH fun and enjoyed the end-of-August weather. Sneaky Mom to tease them, I love it! Packing your own food was a great idea. I'm glad you like the 21 Day Fix! I have heard good things.

Libby: Maybe you could tweak the chicken recipe? Is there something canned that's adding a ton of sodium? It's good that you are realizing any gain is from water retention though. That's always a level-headed thing to remember.

Jenn: Great to see you!! Good goals. What are you working on with your writing?

Annette: Your recipes sound DELICIOUS. I want to use more fish, but it's difficult to get fresh fish around where I am in the midwest, although I am close enough to Chicago that sometimes I wonder if I'm just not looking in the right places. Glad you feel full on low cals! I love those days.

MossStar: Sounds like a good week!!!! Loose clothes are always the BEST indicator. Keep on keeping on!

As for me -

Yesterday I had a good breakfast and lunch - Breakfast was a Greek yogurt (I do buy the flavored kind) and lunch was a sandwich with leftover baked (skinless) chicken on whole wheat with lettuce, tomato, spinach, cucumber and green peppers. It was very satisfying and I didn't even feel like I needed a side or a snack with it. DH cooked dinner - shrimp and pasta - and he never writes down exactly what he cooks in his recipes, so I had to guesstimate at it after grilling him. I don't want to sit there with a notepad over his shoulder, but he's so frustrating!!!! Haha. He's one of those cooks that eyeballs everything. Even with guesstimating dinner, though, I was within my calorie range, so hopefully I'm not too far off.

I was down on the scale this morning, even though I didn't get all my water in. I'm going to focus on that water goal today and keep on. Mad I didn't get to the gym, but I was at work late due to some hellacious thunderstorms that ripped through - I didn't want to drive in it, and it didn't clear up until 6:30, which was dinnertime. I HATE working out after dinner, so I skipped it. I will try to get into the gym today. It's still looking cloudy out there, though. Rain, rain, go away! Or finish before I come home!!

Also, first day of classes went great! Had a lot of first-year students, which is always fun, though can be a little frustrating as they learn how to be college students. Looking forward to a good semester!

Weekly Goals
1) Water intake 64 oz+ daily (post number) M: No, Roughly 40 oz.
2) Calories, post daily numbers and weekly averages. Aiming for under 1500 daily and weekly M: 1,316 (estimated dinner)
3) Workout cardio MWF M: no, got home late
4) Workout strength 1-2x (pick a day that looks good) M: no
5) Weigh in DAILY and post on the daily thread M: yes
6) Eat mindfully (while I'm posting calories too, this goal really got to me when I had it, so I'm bringing it back!) M: yes, and this goal helps!
7) ADDED GOAL: Protein 20% or more of daily calories M: 20%

Talk to you all later!

~Terri
Old 08-26-2014, 01:35 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all Just a quick check in to wish everyone an awesome day! I'll check back in later.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

Morning walk done, now I am sweating it out. Got back at 7:30 am and the sun was already giving me grief. No wonder I won't walk after 8.

I plan another load of recyclables to the transfer station, but since my son is parked behind me, that will not be till afternoon. He sleeps late.

I had to change my plans for dinner. My daughter is going out with her twin for sushi, so I am switching to savory meatballs for dinner. Still with potatoes, carrots, and turnip.

At least I have time today. I am also switching tomorrow's evening meal. I remembered the doctor, but forgot that it is scheduled so late. I will pick up take out for the family and just make myself something quick with black beans, salsa, and a wrap.

Time to fill my water bottle.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone,

Dentist yesterday

Eye doc today (2 new pairs of eye glasses, 1 progressive and 1 computer use)
Although it is handy having the excuse... I can't see shit, that is why the apartment looks as it does ... instead of the truth..........meh... if people want something to look at and gossip about, I'll accommodate.....or more truth...... I don't WANNA do it

I will be a new woman!!
Thank heaven for insurance!!

I could never have taken care of these things without it.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

LOL Bea! I've sincerely missed your ballsy attitude around here! Glad to hear your insurance will cover your glasses. My husband wears contacts and glasses and my daughter wears glasses (I used to wear contacts until I had laser eye surgery 12 years ago). I know the cost of glasses adds up quick!! Are you hitting your beloved PEI beaches today? I've heard PEI has beautiful pebble beaches....I'm curious if any of the beaches have red sand that PEI is known for? I will make it there someday!
Old 08-26-2014, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rainbow24
Morning walk done, now I am sweating it out. Got back at 7:30 am and the sun was already giving me grief. No wonder I won't walk after 8.
Good job getting in that morning walk before the sun gets too hot!! That's kicking the obstacles to the curb and keeping your eye on the prize! Keep it up!
Old 08-26-2014, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Not today Debbie The landlord called and they need to come tend to something... there is always tomorrow
Old 08-26-2014, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

I topped it off with 30 minutes of weeding in my front garden. I may not be allowed to mow, but the recovery book says I am allowed to do things I did before. Yeah, I know that includes mowing, but it is really too much for me with it overgrown the way it is.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:55 AM
Banned

I actually walked at work almost 30 min today
Old 08-26-2014, 02:29 PM
FitDay Member

Ahh! I ate too many snacks tonight! Air popped popcorn and baked tortillas! I have to be sooooo tight with my diet to see a loss! Being within a healthy weight range poses some obstacles! Tomorrow will not be a good day on the scale Off to bed and moving on!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.