Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread August 18-24 Let's Really Try Hard This Week! >

Motivational Thread August 18-24 Let's Really Try Hard This Week!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread August 18-24 Let's Really Try Hard This Week!

Old 08-21-2014, 03:52 AM
FitDay Member

Libby - I hate that heartburn. I get it from tea or too many sweets. Too late on the marriage. I should have ended it years ago, but I figured since we don't actually argue, it won't hurt to stay. Nothing is worse than something sometimes.

Becca - STEP AWAY FROM THE PIE - on that note, I bought the required ingredients to experiment for pumpkin pie for thanksgiving. Only fifty or so days away.

Terri - I brought home a DQ Blizzard for him, but I still haven't told him that it was our anniversary. I might wait till Oct. 18, which is 38 years since we have been together. I don't expect him to remember that date at all. NO, I didn't have a blizzard. I had a low fat plain yogurt mixed with fresh fruit.

Yesterday - My calorie count was too low. I didn't feel like breakfast, but finally had fruit and a slice of homemade nutrigrain bread. Then at lunch I was expecting to meet my friend but we didn't connect. I ended up repeating breakfast. Dinner was good and a recipe keeper, but I came up way too short on the calorie count.

Thursday - I walked this morning. I have a phone number here to call a yard maintenance company. It tooks two days to recover from the small patch I mowed, so I need help. After I make the call and take my meds, I am heading out to the waste transfer station again.

Breakfast - I think I will just have an egg with a slice of nutrigrain bread

Lunch - I didn't soak my beans, so lentils in a little soup.

Dinner tonight is Chicken with a British flair. I will have to search the recipe books. I'll see if I can find something that Jane Austen would have had for a meal back in the Regency Era.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

I had one good day so there is not much hope for a loss this week. It looks as if I am not the only one struggling. Where is every body?
Old 08-21-2014, 11:25 AM
Banned

Guys...I had the Pecan Pie
Old 08-21-2014, 02:02 PM
FitDay Member

My daughter brought me a gift from Costco. A package of pasta made with lentils and a fruit snack that has 70 calories. They will both make reasonable emergency foods.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

Annette: Well I hope he at least enjoyed the Blizzard? But I hope that you enjoyed your yogurt even more! Glad you got some snacks from your daughter at least! How was your Thursday? What did you figure out to make for dinner? I really like your way of mixing up the meats with styles of cooking. Keeps it fresh!

Libby: One good day is better than no good days!

Becca: NOooooooooooooooOOOOoOOoOO! Haha. Step away from the pie today, I agree with Annette!

As for me:

I had a great day yesterday, but I'm up nearly a pound this morning after having a good week. I am honestly not sure what to attribute it to, though I am reminded that I got off birth control about this time last month and I may actually be experiencing some PMS and/or Aunt Flo getting ready to make a rare appearance (I had been on pills so long that I essentially lost my period; I had one for a day maybe every 6 months or so). So I'm trying to keep that in my mind and not be discouraged by being up, because I KNOW I did well.

At the gym yesterday I got on the elliptical and pushed for a few minutes longer than I had been, and I felt strong doing so. That's a non-scale victory, I think. I'm scheduled to do another cardio workout today, and so I shall! I will diligently post my gain here and on the Friday weigh-in, but not my signature - my signature only gets posted losses

Talk with you all later!

1) Water 64 oz. daily M: yes T: no W: yes Th: yes
2) Log everything and post total daily/weekly calories. Try to keep it under 1,500 daily. M: yes, 1,537 (close) T: 1,514 (estimated) W: 1,410 (estimated) Th: 1,293 (estimated)
3) Cardio M, W, F - either DVD 40 mins., or 40 mins on elliptical. M: 40 mins elliptical W: no, home late Th: yes, made up for W
4) Strength training Saturday M-F: N/A
5) Protein above 20% of calories daily M: 18% T: 18% - grr W: 23%! Th: 27%
6) In bed by 11:00 every night (my sleep has been VERY wonky). M: I will T: yes W: yes Th: yes
7) ADDED GOAL: Weigh in on Friday M-Th: N/A F: 182.6

~Terri
Old 08-22-2014, 03:57 AM
FitDay Member

Last night I made the filling for a chicken pot pie, without the crust. Not that I can't have the crust, just not with salt and whole grain rather than white. Too much work to prepare one for me and one for the family.

I slept in again, so no walk. This time it was a little bit of reading in bed, but mostly not getting my water started early enough. I finished my last cup after 10 pm which meant getting up in the night to use the facilities.

Not sure what I want for breakfast. I might make a mutligrain waffle because DS opened the new jug of milk before the old one was finished. Now it is close to date and has to be used.

Lunch will be leftover chicken from last night. Good thing I didn't soak my beans last night or they would be sitting an extra day.

Dinner is beef with an Asian flair I have leftover roast beef in the freezer. I will look for a black bean sauce to put with it. I'll do up rice early in the day so I can make fried rice. I sure am glad I bought the no-stick pans a couple of years ago. I can use less oil to cook with.

I will take another load of recyclables to the waste station. Maybe today I will clean up the shavings shed a bit more, getting the non-recyclable plastics into the garbage bin. I'm sure someone else could have figured that they didn't have a symbol on them and tossed them months ago, but now I have a bigger job to do.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:49 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I let myself down this week. I need to work harder if I am going to make my New Year goal. I am going to weigh in on Friday and Monday so I don't slack off on the week end. I am going to challenge you to do the same.
Debbie I like your motivational quote and I am going to live it. Have a good week end all.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Libby...but which quote are you referring to?

I'm setting some new, short term attainable goals to keep moving in the right direction. Libby, I guess I can accept your challenge since I weigh daily

Terri
- Glad you're not letting the scale get you down. I know how frustrating it can be when you're putting in the work and not getting the result you would expect. Hang in there!

Becca - Is the pie gone now? Hope you enjoyed the slice

Have a good day all!
Old 08-23-2014, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Debbie. The quote I was referring to was "Never give up on a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it." Thank you for
encouraging us to make smaller goals so the task doesn't look overwhelming.
I would be willing to post my weight daily if you do?

Friday 179
Saturday 178.8
Old 08-23-2014, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Today I am going to address the weight loss issue. I don't believe it is going to happen, at least not anytime soon. I have set Heart Healthy nutritional goals, but they are not weight loss goals.

Calories - Minimum 1464 - Maximum 2000 (some days I am over, some I am under, but most are between)
Fat - Minimum 50g - Maximum 75g (I have had a couple of over days, but not far over)
Sodium - Minimum 1500mg - Maximum 2300mg (I have had one over day, and lots of under days)
Carbohydrates - Minimum 180g - Maximum 270g (most, if not all days are between these numbers)

In order for me to lose weight, I would have to reduce the carbs by at least half and push the calories up. So I will just settle for decimal point losses in order to appease the nutritionist that I suspect I will be seeing in a month or so.

Friday complaint - Dinner was fantastic but my husband refused to eat. I didn't ask why, but it might have had to do with black rice and black bean sauce.

Saturday - Breakfast will be a nutrigrain waffle with nectarines

Lunch - leftovers from last night (beef with bean sauce, rice and vegetables)

Dinner - Pork with an Italian flair, so I will probably use my homemade basil pesto. I'm just not sure how yet.

Didn't get up in time to walk this morning. I am sleeping in way too often lately. But then I have to take into account that I am waking up at 4 am for a bathroom break. That wake up time is difficult. If it could be 3 am or before, then I could get up at my usual 7 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.