Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread August 18-24 Let's Really Try Hard This Week! >

Motivational Thread August 18-24 Let's Really Try Hard This Week!

Notices

Motivational Thread August 18-24 Let's Really Try Hard This Week!

Old 08-19-2014, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

I’ll join in. I am back with a vengeance, trying to lose 50 Lbs.

This week reducing sugar…no sugar in decaf tea or Green tea.

-No Coffee this week, causes craving for sweets.

-Walking an hour after work 3-4 days this week, I will power walk. I always pick the hottest week to start walking.

-No fast food, no candy or pastries and the hardest part of all, no donut on Friday.

Good Luck Everyone!!!
Old 08-19-2014, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go, MossStar. There should be buttons for that.

Donut Free
Friday

My cardiologist put me on a low-fat, low-sodium diet. My naturopath told me that low-sugar is more imporatant that cutting the fat. But he also agreed that I should switch to healthier fats.

Cutting your sugar is a good choice.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:20 PM
Banned

Jenai, Im gonna try and do better the rest of the week

Annette, yes sodium gets me too...I didn't know that about beans even
if you rinse them still high sodium

Terri, how was your luncheon today
Old 08-19-2014, 02:21 PM
FitDay Member

Becca, I bought dry beans and peas. Any salt added is only added by me, which amounts to none. I bought no-salt canned tomatoes so I can make homemade baked beans.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

Annette: Thanks! We honestly usually buy the canned beans. Like Jenai, I wash them off, but maybe I should try buying the dry ones! It's cheaper, too. A lot of the recipes I work with in the slow cooker ask for the canned beans - do you or anyone else know of a way to substitute for the salt and whatever else is in the canned sauce within a slow-cook recipe? Just add more water and salt to taste? I hope you're feeling better after your angina! Always hard to hear others fighting about us for too many reasons to state, really. I hope that your daughters are able to make up and not cause stress for anyone, including themselves!

Jenai: Thanks for the hopes! Other than a small slice of cheesecake and two glasses of wine, I did okay yesterday You can do it!

MossStar: Nice to meet you! Great goals. Cutting sugar is always a tough one!

Becca: The breakfast/lunch/dinner went okay! Not perfect, but I made the best choices I could

As for me:

As stated above, my day of eating under other people's food choices went okay. Not perfectly, but okay. I did eat some greek yogurt before I left the house and then just had a few pieces of melon when I arrived for the breakfast. Lunch was sliced turkey, tomato, mustard and lettuce in a flour tortilla (a big one though, the 10", as that's what they had) and some carrots on the side. They had packages of cheetos and I grabbed one, but it was to bring home for hubs, and I did not succumb to temptation and eat it.

They had a snack time, in which I ate three tortilla chips and had a glass of wine. The room was HOT though, so I didn't even feel like eating.

For dinner, I couldn't choose as it was three set courses, but they weren't awful. Mixed green salad for the first course, second course was what appeared to be coated and oven-baked chicken breast overtop of risotto and some sauce I couldn't identify. They had cheesecake for dessert and I did have a small slice, along with another glass of wine. My calories are estimated to the best of my ability, but they're probably low, as I didn't add in the sauce (I had no idea what it was - it was fairly flavorless, too) and I put cooked rice instead of risotto as risotto was not an option on fitday that I could find. If I didn't have those two glasses of wine my water would have hit 64 oz., but I was a bit under.

I did have stomach issues last night. It could have been anything from the cheesecake (sometimes rich food does that to me) to a strange oil any of the food was cooked in, as I usually have stomach flare-ups from new oils. Not sure what it was, but it was very annoying after a long day! Luckily it settled down in time for bed, but it was three hours of 'uh-oh!'

Breakfast and lunch with be on work again today. I think I know what to expect now, though, so I should be okay! I wore heels all day yesterday (even though I'm not supposed to) and my feet are still killing me today, bur that won't stop me from working out later!

See you all later, I need to go get my face on!

1) Water 64 oz. daily M: yes T: no
2) Log everything and post total daily/weekly calories. Try to keep it under 1,500 daily. M: yes, 1,537 (close) T: 1,514 (estimated)
3) Cardio M, W, F - either DVD 40 mins., or 40 mins on elliptical. M: 40 mins elliptical
4) Strength training Saturday M-F: N/A
5) Protein above 20% of calories daily M: 18% T: 18% - grr
6) In bed by 11:00 every night (my sleep has been VERY wonky). M: I will T: yes
7) ADDED GOAL: Weigh in on Friday M-Th: N/A

~Terri

Last edited by taubele; 08-19-2014 at 11:44 PM. Reason: typos
Old 08-20-2014, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Well all my guests left yesterday. I did very well with food and exercise for the duration of their stay...I was really proud of myself! Last night however, I folded t the temptation of Chinese takeout I did get on the scale every day while my guests were here and I was down from Friday. I didn't get on this morning since I know I'll be up from the takeout. Fingers crossed that I'm back down by Friday weigh in! Today we're taking the kids to a local fair. I'll be sure to eat before we go and stay away from chip wagon!

Terri - Sounds like you did quite well at the lunch. Sorry to hear your stomach was off last night. Hope you're feeling better today!

Annette - I see you live in Canada. President's Choice have canned beans without any added salt. It's their Blue Menu line. Dry beans a great too, but if you're ever in a pinch for time, the PC Blue Menu choices are awesome!

Mossstar - Welcome!

Becca - How are you doing with the getting back on track?

Jenai - Stiff feeling UGH?

Mern - How is your week going?

Libby - Haven't seen you post this week? How are you doing?

Have an awesome day all!
Old 08-20-2014, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

My biggest stressors are my family. I have been married for 37 years today, but before you wish me a happy anniversary realize that I have been having meltdowns over my husband's attitude over the last few years. I could write a graphic story, but suffice it to say he has some issues. Yes, there are aspects of our relationship that I have fault in, but some basic cleanliness and health issues that he brings on himself.
Our oldest daughter thinks only of herself and her needs. She doesn't call me anymore because she knows I won't drop everything for her.
Our second daughter has three kids. The eighteen year old has multiple allergies, anger issues, and laziness. The two year old has a few less multiple allergies and the 3 month old has just manifested his first allergy. He is doing better on lactose free formula than nursing.
These are the two daughters who argued. I think daughter number two has just hit her limit of dropping everything and running to daughter number one.

The other three kids give me stress as well, but in a different way. Not less, just different. Two still live with us and I am thankful for them, but it is still hard to work around them with my new needs.

Terri, I would suggest using sea salt rather than table salt.I have never been a big salt user. I feel like it masks the true flavor of the food.

Debbie, (I hope I got your name right) We have a small Extra Foods in our town. Only half the things available are there. I used to make a monthly trip for raisins, dates, and prunes, but the labelling changed and now I can't use them. I have the added problem of food allergies, so I avoid processed foods as much as possible. Too many times I have missed the "may contain traces" and "processed in a plant that also processes." I haven't had a chance to ask how the epinephrine will affect my heart meds.

Wednesday:
I woke up late. Not sure about anything today. I have a lunch date with an 82 year old friend, but it isn't confirmed. I have three different places I could be tonight, but will only choose one.

I found the perfect wedding traditions to make my story memorable.

Breakfast - I don't know yet. It is almost medication time and I can't work up the interest in food today.

Lunch - If I go out, I plan to order the chicken

Dinner - Fish night with a Mexican flair, so there will be nightshade plants, chili seasoning, corn, and yams.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I have not been eating well and am afraid to look at the scale. We celebrated my sons silver medal from Sundays race with pulled pork on a bun and assorted cheese cakes and I ate the left overs. That gave me bad heartburn and I haven't been sleeping well. I've got that all or nothing mentality and it's been very bad. I need to get back to posting and charting my food again.

Happy Anniversary Rainbow. No bodys marriage is perfect. We all have things we don't like about each other and some times counseling is needed.

Debbie, I'm so glad that you did well while you had company.

Have a good week.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:20 PM
Banned

Annette- oh u bought dry beans oh okay...better choice def!

Terry- glad you made good choices...I got another work luncheon today..omg..they have the BEST pecan pie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debbie- good for you doing all well while u had company..thats very
good my friend!

I did really well yesterday..got my water intake in...today..well..we'll see..the pecan pie is calling me now....oh no....go away...
Old 08-20-2014, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

Debbie: high five for what you did when you had guests. That is NOT easy at all. How was the fair?? I bet you'll be down Friday! I was feeling better on Wednesday, thanks!

Annette: Happy belated anniversary. 37 years is a long time! Every family has issues and I hope that yours give you more good feelings than stressful feelings. It sounds like the anniversary brought out some negative feelings in you; how were you feeling by the end of the day?

Libby: Pulled pork and cheesecake strike! Blegh. So sorry about your heartburn. I've only ever had it once and it was AWFUL. Take a deep breath, get over the one bad day! You can do it!

Becca: Pecan pie sounds way too tempting; luckily they usually don't have pie at our lunceons (it's cookies or brownies, which are fairly easy for me to say no to). RESIST TEMPTATION I have YET MORE WORK FOOD today as well.

Mern: What are you up to??

As for me: Yesterday was a pretty good day. Breakfast was again a Greek yogurt, and lunch was a hamburger (no cheese) with tomato and lettuce with some fruit on the side. I avoided dinner at work and had it at home, so that helped the calorie count too (dinner was some mini turkey patties (no bun) and some leftover mashed potatoes). Again, everything is an estimation when I don't exactly know what the food is; at least I ate mostly whole foods yesterday. The mashed potatoes were NOT healthily made (cream and butter) but we had them leftover, and we're totally counting our pennies this month, so leftovers it was.

Today I have breakfast and lunch on the school again (it's a theme) due to a faculty development workshop. The week before classes start is always like this. I didn't get to the gym yesterday (booooo) because I got home late (I had a lot of office work to do) but I WILL go today instead, even if it kills me. The workshop is over at 2:30 and I don't have to stay after that, so I have no excuse not to get home early before the gym is packed and get on the elliptical. My plan is to try to make it home by 4:00.

Everyone stay strong! Tomorrow is FRIDAY!

1) Water 64 oz. daily M: yes T: no W: yes
2) Log everything and post total daily/weekly calories. Try to keep it under 1,500 daily. M: yes, 1,537 (close) T: 1,514 (estimated) W: 1,410 (estimated)
3) Cardio M, W, F - either DVD 40 mins., or 40 mins on elliptical. M: 40 mins elliptical W: no, home late
4) Strength training Saturday M-F: N/A
5) Protein above 20% of calories daily M: 18% T: 18% - grr W: 23%!
6) In bed by 11:00 every night (my sleep has been VERY wonky). M: I will T: yes W: yes
7) ADDED GOAL: Weigh in on Friday M-Th: N/A

~Terri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.