Notices

Motivationa Thread With A Lot Of Cool People 8/11-8/17

Old 08-16-2014, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

I didn't get out there again this morning. I may have to park the van at the local park and walk to the hospital. Just glad it isn't the hospital in Trail. I still can't get over what idiot built a hospital on top of a hill in a town that has snow four months of the year. Oh well, the ambulances around there have studded tires from Oct to May and there is a heli-pad.

Water, good. Sodium, good. Planning, good.

Tonight is salmon. I am going for a European flair, so I will spice it with lemon zest, pepper, and garlic. On the side, I am going to make potato pancakes done in the waffle iron. I'll stop and the farmer's market and pick up some fresh peas and corn to add to the beans and carrots in the cooler. Homemade mixed vegetables rather than frozen.

Hubby will be happy, DD won't be happy because she likes my Asian Salmon recipe, DS will be fine if I buy him fresh buns to make a fish burger.

Now, I have to edit six chapters of my current story. I have been putting it off for way too long. I have one hour to get started on it before going for my echocardiogram.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:40 PM
FitDay Member

I went to an Arts Festival and walked. Made me a little crazy because I thought I walked slow, but other people walk a lot slower than I do.

It did me good to smell the hot dogs, bratwurst, and cotton candy. Smelled good, but I wasn't tempted.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:45 PM
FitDay Member

I'm behind reading the thread but want all the Weekend Warriors to know I'm rooting for you.

I did an awesome job on food intake yesterday and today in the face of so much temptation and have not cheated one bit. No exercise though.

I'll try to catch up with our group tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening and an even better Sunday!
Old 08-16-2014, 08:48 PM
FitDay Member

I'm craving ALL the wrong foods. Sugary, salty...all of it. I'm eating, trying to satisfy my cravings, even when I'm not hungry. I still haven't found what it is that I'm wanting. Obviously not something in my pantry, because I've pretty much had all of it, and I even went out and got a *gasp* milkshake! Still, not hitting that craving.

I need to figure out what's going on with me. I don't know what to do about my eating the wrong things trying to find THE thing I really want. Suggestions??
Old 08-17-2014, 08:00 AM
FitDay Member

Good job Mern!
I have been busy cleaning out junk. I got the front lawn and part of the back cut this afternoon. Hoping the scale will reward me tomorrow.
Jenn
Old 08-17-2014, 11:30 PM
FitDay Member

I had a good week end. On Saturday night we went out to a movie to the 6:40
showing right after supper so we didn't get snacks. On Sunday I put a pork shoulder in the crock pot and we had pulled pork on a bun with cole slaw for supper. I didn't eat much else all day. When I was cleaning up the sewing room on Saturday I found some things that I have been missing for a while so I consider that to be worth the effort. I am working on a pineapple table runner to use up a lot of my material scraps. It should make a dent in the scrap bag and help to clean up some stuff. Soon I will be rearranging the furniture. It will be nice to have the sewing machine, cutting board and iron all in arms length so I can work more efficiently. I still need to find a better way of storing my thread and bobbins. This room will be my retreat when my husband retires and watches stuff on TV that I"m not in to. Car chase shoot em up movies are not my thing. I had a good week end and should have a good weigh in on Friday if all things go well. Twenty pounds by New Years is looking doable. My DS won another silver medal in a race yesterday. It was so good to see him happy again after having a flat tire in the race before this one. That was such a disappointment.
Let's all have a good day and a good week.