Notices

Motivationa Thread With A Lot Of Cool People 8/11-8/17

Old 08-13-2014, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

I so get it, Mern. We have a family appointment tomorrow night. One hour drive, one way. So we leave around 5 and get home around 7. That means take-out on the way home. I will pre-order pizza to be picked up on the way home, but that is way too high of a salt content for me, so I am going to load the crock pot with vegetables and legumes just before we leave.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:30 PM
FitDay Member

My day started out fine till my BIL came home from work early with a pizza. I was starving and couldn't say no so I ate one delicious slice. Tonight I did a whole weeks worth of walking with a friend and now I am beat.

Debbie, So glad that you are chatty again. We are not the same without you.

My goals
Drink 6 glasses of water: Yes, Yes, Yes
Eat more vegetables and fruit: Yes, Yes, No
Exercise at least 10 minutes a day: Yes, Yes, Yeees,
Work on the sewing room 1 hour a day: Yes, Yes, No
Old 08-13-2014, 04:06 PM
FitDay Member

Mern - Dare taken!! LOL!! Thanks for your support!

Libby - This thread would not be the same without you Libby! Ever since I started posting almost a year ago, I always wait for a post from you. Glad we're still in this together buddy!

I stayed on track today foodwise, but had some wine this evening. A definite weak spot! But still happy that I worked out today and ate well. In fact, I'm surprised that I didn't even eat all that I could have on the 21day fix plan. Maybe if I didn't drink the wine I would have been more hungry?

Aside from all the food drama, I manage to get spaghetti sauce, hamburgers and chicken souvlaki in the freezer. I also made some pasta salad and egg salad. I washed some lettuce for salads and cut up some butternut squash for a side dish. Tomorrow I'll be making and freezing some pancakes (with extra fibre thanks to ground flax!). All this prep should make for easier days to come!

Later!
Old 08-14-2014, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report:
Tuesday report:
--Log all my food NO, YES, YES
--Achieve all my nutritional goals for my eating lifestyle NO, YES, Close
--Exercise 5 days, working up to 22.5 minutes aerobic walking per session: More than equivalent in heavy housework, 19 minutes, 20 minutes
64 oz. water: Yes, YES, Don't think so

But I worked off my pizza and breadsticks from Monday and am showing a loss so far this week.

Libby, all that walking and good amount of water surely burned off that one slice of delicious pizza. Way to go!

Annette, inspirational idea on loading up the crockpot with veggies! Best wishes on your family plans tomorrow.

Debbie, I'll be thinking about you with a smile on my face while your guests are there. I'm not against wine--just don't have any idea about its effect on appetite. Glad that you enjoyed it. Kudos on all the food prep! Whew, that's a lot done and will give you more time to enjoy your company.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator

Mern: Glad most of that pizza weight got off of you! .2 lbs. is nothing, I think it counts in the 'error bar' of weight. I want that angel too!!!! Always keeps its mouth shut around pizza. Well, for me - pizza and salty snacks. I have to be so careful of ANY chips, tortillas, cheesy things, whatever in the house. I can't even look at them. Thanks for the compliment about the picture; honestly neither of us are super photogenic, I'm going to say it was the makeup for me and the fact that we weren't worrying about the camera at that point. Both of us tend to freeze up around cameras and picture-taking time and it results in us not looking natural at all. I like your Chipotle order! I've been telling myself that I should do the salad option instead of the bowl option (everything over lettuce). I also remember reading an article from a nutritionist that one should choose an either/or on the rice and beans - either brown rice OR beans, but not both. I could try that too. I personally love rice and beans. I love your dare to Debbie too, hahah!

Becca: Thanks!!

Debbie: Haha - for hubs it was too much champagne on the wedding day, for me it's joy and potentially perspiration. One of us had to stay sober to write all of those checks at the end of the night and make sure we got to our hotel, lol! It's so good for me to listen and hear you and Mern and the others talk about your kids. DH and I have no children yet and so we're often like "Oh, we will do this, not that!" but every time I read about it, I know my head is probably going to get turned exactly backwards from where it is right now. You are ROCKING getting ready for your bootcamp B&B, I am totally jealous.

Annette: Your roast beef sounds entirely delicious. All of these recipes are making me start to want to cook new ones again. I got lots of cooking goodies from the wedding I hadn't been able to use (our previous kitchen was TINY and no room for kitchen tools on the counter) but I haven't started up cooking yet other than tried-and-true recipes that I don't have to think about much anymore.

RunKyRun: Hi! Not sure we've met - I'm Terri! Shew, you're doing Insanity, I'm envious. Good luck!

Mike: I'm with Mern - I bet you're up from exercise and/or something salty! Good job on getting a policy done!

Libby: Gur, the pizza! It's the devil!!! Awesome job getting your walking in! You should be proud of yourself for being pooped for a good reason!

It's so interesting to read you all talking about how your childhood was different from current kids and their sheltered-ness. I was just reading an article yesterday about this - a very strong shift in how children are raised came in the 80s during the Reagan administration (with the ads about 'stranger danger') so children of the 70s and earlier were sort of the last 'free' generation. There was also a lot to be said for the fact that people trusted their neighbors and neighborhood to 'watch' the free-roaming children and that trust does not exist now, as people don't get to know their neighbors (it was hinted in the article that this is via a lack of stay-at-home parents; often both parents work, and so don't have the time or inclination to know the neighbors). I was born in 1983 and I remember SOME free-roaming; I was allowed to ride my bike by myself by 3rd or 4th grade, and I had a very good friend that lived down the street and would go play at his house all the time in the afternoon; he had a gigantic backyard and we were left back their to our own devices, pre-internet, pre-video games and pre-cell phones. We got in some amount of trouble (bitten by snakes, sprained fingers, scraped knees) but I didn't really leave his backyard, and often his Mom was home.

It makes me think, anyway, about what kids go through now and how much danger there REALLY is. Statistics say that there's no more stranger danger nowadays than there ever was; child abductions have gone up, but this is due to ex-spouses and estranged parents, not necessarily strangers. Kids do have the internet and cell phones and 500 channels on the TV to entertain, and maybe that's a huge part of the problem? Or so much working? Or parents just feeling like they need to engage their kids all the time? All of the above? As a non-parent, these questions are purely speculative on my part.

Anywho, if anyone is interested in the article, it's here: http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor..._the_park.html

As for me:

I went into work yesterday and got a new laptop; I therefore spent about two hours organizing it the way I like and transferring a bunch of documents over to it and setting them up appropriately. I love that they gave me a new work laptop, though! It's so fast, and it's GIGANTIC! I also managed to get my syllabi done for my introductory classes (not the schedules, though) -- they're basically two sections of the same class, so they will be very similar in terms of schedule - so once I get one done, I can do the other, too, which is good! I will be teaching more students this upcoming semester than I ever have before, so I'm really trying to think about when I'm scheduling large assignments and will have piles of grading to do. It's an interesting juggling act, but I'll get it.

Foodwise I did better yesterday, though I was STARVING all day. I managed not to snack on anything except 3 small peanut butter crackers, and I also ate three meals - DH and I made together a burrito-inspired chicken dish for dinner yesterday, except rather than rice and beans we used quinoa (cooked in some chicken stock) as the starch - so they were chicken-and-quinoa wrapped things, haha. We also put green peppers and onion in them, with a small amount of cheese and a very small amount of sour cream (maybe a teaspoon each). I am not sure what to call them, but they were very good and tasted like burritos, but the quinoa came through, too. The only thing I'm made about is that we did not use a low-carb wrap of any sort, all we had were normal fluor tortillas because I was out of my FlatOut bread. Trying not to be too mad about it, however, and soldier on today. I have a work-related phone call meeting in about 20 minutes and then I'm going to try and get those schedules done before this weekend!

I didn't get on the elliptical last night because the gym was PACKED here at the complex, so instead, I ended up walking a circuit around it. We live in a BIG complex, and I tracked in on googlemaps as being 1.5 miles to go all the way around. At least it was something?

We have some friends coming in tomorrow night (Friday) at 7:30 and I know they're going to want to go out, so I am not sure how this weekend will go foodwise, but I pledge to make the best choices I can and check in whenever I can, even if it's just to say I'm alive! My water has been down, too. I think I'll go pour myself a nice glass

Weekly goals:

1) Weigh in on M and F: M: 180.4
2) At least 64 oz. water daily M: yes T: no W: no
3) 3x cardio (35-45 minutes each session) M: no T: no W: elliptical and bike taken; 1.5 mile walk instead.
4) 1x strength training DVD M: no T: no W: no
5) Eat mindfully, not distractedly M: anniversary T: yes, but could have made better choices W: yes
6) Enjoy my anniversary!!!! M: So much
7) Get syllabi finished and work on September plans (i.e. field trip, permits, etc.) <--- this is a work-related goal M: no T: one syllabus/schedule done W: all syllabi done

~Terri

Last edited by taubele; 08-14-2014 at 02:44 AM. Reason: link wasn't showing
Old 08-14-2014, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Mowing the lawn is possible, but not advisable today. There are still damp puddles on the back deck. I may have to do some room rearranging soon. I noticed that with my husband leaving the back door open so he can go out to smoke my piano is too close to the door and dampness. I don't think moving a piano is quite in my list of allowed things to do yet.
I woke up too late for my walk again. The cats are watching me, waiting for me to leave, so they can follow me. Since it is a cool day, I will sneak out after they give up and go back to sleep. Good thing cats sleep 18 hours a day.
Water suffered yesterday because I had to disinfect my big bottle. I forget to fill one cup at a time.
One of my friends called me to schedule lunch. I hesitated, a lot. Food at any restaurant is going to be filled with salt. Then there is the allergy risk. I checked the online menu and I think if I order the Triple Decker Clubhouse, ask them to hold the bacon, dressing, butter and any added salt, I should squeeze by. Any other friend I could refuse, but I just can't say no to someone over the age of 80. That is like disobeying your elders or even depriving them of your time, which is now more precious to them.
Things left on my checklist:
1. Echocardiogram Saturday afternoon
2. Awana plan almost done
3. Begin planning September schedule
Old 08-14-2014, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I'm here, but too busy to post much today. I may not be online much in the next few days with the whole B&B thing happening Like Terri, I will try to check in just to say I'm surviving! HA!

Terri - I am going to have to come back to your post to check out the article you linked. I'm very interested to read it. You do live in a large complex! 1.5 miles just to walk around it!! And yes, that does equal exercise.

Mern - Your goals are looking good lady! Keep it up!

Annette - Your cats sound so cute!

Have an awesome day all!
Old 08-14-2014, 05:59 AM
FitDay Member

I am making progress in my sewing room sorting things and deciding where to send them, keep some and toss some out. With in another week I should be able to actually sew in there. The food and water are going well and if it doesn't rain I will be walking again tonight. It's a good day.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:20 PM
FitDay Member

It's 7 am here and everyone is still sleeping. Me on the otherhand, I'm up for a brisk 5 km run. Why? If I don't take the time before the day starts I won't have time for myself today. So I'm up early because I'm chosing to take care of myself first

Have an awesome day!
Old 08-15-2014, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Well I was going to stay off the scale but decided there's no point in burying my head in the sand...as much as I would like too Happy to say I'm down .4 lbs from last week. Still waaaaay up, but at least I didn't go up even further this week. I'm going to prove to myself that I can lose weight even while off my schedule and with house guests!

For those of you weighing today, hope you're pleasantly suprised

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.