Notices

Motivationa Thread With A Lot Of Cool People 8/11-8/17

Old 08-11-2014, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

Just to let everyone who asked know...my daughter and I are in the process of starting a home bakery. We're already approved by the state and both have our food handler's cards. I just got my packaging supplies I ordered on Saturday, and our business cards will be here today or tomorrow. I don't think it will be a problem with my weight loss because when the things I bake are earmarked for sale, I won't eat them.

We're going to make several kinds of cookies, sweet breads, muffins, bars, and sheet items (like mock toffee and graham pralines). I've got some great recipes. My chocolate chip cookies are always the first thing gone at parties and get-togethers. I've always been a good baker, and one night I had a dream that I was doing this as a business, then I discovered that it would not be difficult to do. Minimal start up costs, and if we make any money, it will be a nice extra. Also, Sara will learn all about starting and running a business and working for money. I'm really excited about it and I'm looking for ways to promote. I'm going to give my MIL several things to take to the school where she works so all the teachers can taste-test, and I'm going to be donating throughout the year to the bake sales for the 6th grade that Sara was in last year. We'll do those types of things until we start getting some orders in and then it will be a lot of word of mouth (hopefully the people who buy stuff will share with friends and family).

That was a really long explanation of what we're doing. So the testing is trying out some new recipes and tasting them. I'll taste some, but I'll keep it in check and let my family do most of the tasting.

Terri, Happy Anniversary!!!
So happy for you. Enjoy your day. And congrats on the 4 lbs gone, even if it is water, it's still gone.

And as far as all of you...You all ARE cool in my book. I think we have a great group of people here who are always supportive, motivating and never critical or negative. That makes you all cool in my opinion, and I just wanted you all know that I think so!
Old 08-11-2014, 11:14 AM
FitDay Member

It's been a good day. If I keep this up I should lose this week.

My goals
Drink 6 glasses of water: Yes
Eat more vegetables and fruit: Yes
Exercise at least 10 minutes a day: Yes
Work on the sewing room 1 hour a day: Yes
Old 08-11-2014, 03:25 PM
FitDay Member

Belated happy first wedding anniversary, Terri!

I very quickly just skimmed the posts and will try to catch up tomorrow.

Did not do well foodwise today, but I got in a ton of very tiring "exercise" by spending the day dejunking my house--reaching, stretching, climbing up, climbing down, bending, stooping, packing, carrying, all day long. Also got in probably a 80 or more ounces of water.

Will try to catch up with you all tomorrow.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:59 PM
FitDay Member

Catching up tonight because I am off for a blood test in the morning. Fasting 10 hours.

Water intake was wonderful, but with this heat that was easy. My ice melted within minutes after I put it in the jug. Which reminds me, I need to fill my jug tonight because my husband wants to fill his 3 gallon jug.

Sodium intake was still within the safe range. I went a little higher today, but still came in under 1300 mg.

I walked this morning, but I already reported that. I didn't need to rest at the halfway point, but I did, just so I could pray in private.
I made a good start on planning meals. The rotation is fish, chicken, beef, pork. Spice rotation is Asian, Italian, German (love my caraway), Spanish, British.
I made myself a bowl of hummus and we had Ginger Salmon for Dinner tonight.
I have seven breakfast choices from very low carb to high carb. All are similar in Calories, but all are not the same on the food guide. Good thing I am following a range, rather than staying under a certain amount.
Lunches are mostly leftovers. Rice and chicken again tomorrow. Someone didn't eat dinner the other night.

I took my weight and measure, even if it was with a 165 foot measuring tape.
I made a start at Awana planning. I wish I had three computer screens.

Time to feed the animals and go to bed.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,

Just a quick stop by to "hi"!

I have an exciting few weeks coming up!
At the end of next week I start a 2 week vacation!! Yayyyyyyyyyyy me!
Back to work for 4 days and THEN on Sept 12 I am headed to New Orleans to see a friend and play in a weekend Scrabble tournament!! ( I am soooooooo excited)

I have never flown before, I am not scared of flying (so far) but I am very concerned about fitting in the seat!! (It's Air Canada down and back, so they won't force me to purchase 2 seats-thank heavens, cause I couldn't afford it)

I am making a concentrated effort (and pretty unrealistic, but doable, to hit 270 before I go) so 20 lbs in exactly 1 month!

It will make the journey more comfortable, whatever amount I lose, but I am aiming for 20

Back to logging food and back to the gym!
Old 08-12-2014, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning, everyone. I was sort of surprised but sort of not surprised this morning when I got on my scale and it scowled at me that I'm up 1.6 lbs. since yesterday. I didn't eat a large volume of food yesterday, but I made very poor choices. I skipped breakfast and my morning protein snack. I ate two large slices of pepperoni pizza and two breadsticks for lunch but that was all I ate from the time I awoke until dinner; and then I ate a grilled ham and cheese on low carb bread, a thick slice of lowER carb zucchini bread, and a lifestyle legal flaxmeal muffin that's only around 1.7g net carbs. So it was a day of a low volume of food, high carb (from all the breads), high fat, and low protein--the exact opposite of my goals. I thought (hoped) the amount of informal exercise I did de-junking and reorganizing my house all day (akin to packing and carrying heavy boxes for moving, plus drinking like 80 oz. of ice water, would counteract the pizza, but the amount of sodium and fat combined with maybe some added water retention from overusing my leg muscles bending, stooping and climbing up and down were counter-productive. My legs are very stiff and tight-feeling today, so I'm sure that's water retention. Well, I'll do my very best today and see what tomorrow brings.

Debbie, we care about you and realize there are times when self must come first. You have certainly done more than your share of chattiness of support since you joined us.

Libby, I'm proud of you! You surely are determined to make this a great week and with those goals I'm sure you will. As soon as I'm done posting here I'm going to exercise and won't come back here until it's done. Boy, oh boy! Won't that be cool to be 20 lbs. lighter by New Year's Day! Thanks for your encouragement on my goals as well!

Bea, hi! Sounds like a wonderful few weeks coming up! Enjoy! I love Scrabble but just play the genius on the computer. I seldom win, but enjoy the challenge and try to remember the new words the computer plays. Wishing you a comfortable flight. Great that you're returning to logging and to the gym. Big cyberhugs and best wishes.

Annette, we have city water but also have a water softening system that uses salt. The salt used is supposed to be flushed out of the pipes when the system cycles on and off daily. If there's salt in our water, that means there's something wrong with our appliance and we have to call a repairman out to service it. Is that the same with your well water softening system?
Your protein goals for the family are awesome--very sensible for anyone no matter what kind of diet they follow (except vegetarian, of course. LOL) Hey, smart thinking to add a check list. So sorry you expect the stress management classes will cause you added stress. Hopefully, you will be nicely surprised that they help. Perfectly OK to concentrate on yourself right now--you don't know how much just posting your own stuff helps others. We learn from each other indirectly, too. Kudos on the recycling. My DH and I are big on helping save the earth that way. We recycle more than we toss in the trash. When will you have the results of your fasting blood test? My doctor has a new gadget that gives instant reading of fasting glucose AND A1C over 3 months--I love that! But the rest of my test results don't come in until the next day, except for my Vitamin D test which for some reason takes two days. Best wishes on all your upcoming tests. Stopping to pray during your walk was awesome, too. Wow, I so admire your food rotation!

Terri, best wishes to you and DH for health and happiness--in whatever form and lifestyle that comes. Hey, you eat whatever you want for an anniversary dinner--and what a romantic dinner celebrating the two of you! You know what I always say, water weight looks the same as fat weight on most people. Kudos on losing 4.4 lbs. in one week--still takes a lot of work and you did it with minimal use of your arms! Hey, if mindful eating worked for me I wouldn't log, either. Good for you! Awesome goals!

Jenai, oh, a home bakery is more than I thought--such a wide variety of baked goods! My dad was an excellent baker but his specialty was yeast breads--worked for a large bakery before World War II; served as a baker during the war; worked for a railroad afterwards but continued to bake bread, doughnuts and yeast rolls for our family when I was growing up. To this day, my favorite aroma in the whole world is the smell of fresh baked yeast bread and rolls. Wishing you and DD much success! I have faith in you that you can do the home bakery and still do great in your weight loss goals. I totally agree with you on what a great group we have.

Last edited by Mern; 08-12-2014 at 02:14 AM.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

Today's menu:

Breakfast: dairy blend yogurt substitute with flaxmeal

Lunch: zero cholesterol egg, spinach, and deli turkey omelet

Snack: protein shake

Dinner: salmon and low carb pasta casserole that I planned but didn't make yesterday, sauteed green beans, slice tomatoes if I have enough carb allowance left

Evening snack: celery with low fat cream cheese, another protein shake.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:40 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats Terri!

health
1) Lose 2 pounds (starting at 205.4)204.8
2) Workout 4 times yes

other
3) Write 2 policies (not likely, but I'll try) 0
4) Work at property twice no
Old 08-12-2014, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

Monday report:
Log all my food NO
Achieve all my nutritional goals for my eating lifestyle NO
Exercise 5 days, working up to 22.5 minutes aerobic walking per session: More than equivalent in heavy housework
64 oz. water: Yes

I did it--increased my exercise today to 19 minutes which is the equivalent of 1.27 miles of brisk aerobic walking.

Mike, look at you down on the scale ALREADY! Way to go on the exercise!
Old 08-12-2014, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Mern. I just have to make sure I end the week down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.