Motivationa Thread With A Lot Of Cool People 8/11-8/17

Community
Notices

Motivationa Thread With A Lot Of Cool People 8/11-8/17

Old 08-13-2014, 03:52 AM
Banned

Congrats Terri!!
Debbie yes you are Chatty Cathy...but we love it

I still think we're all doing good ...everyday is another day....losing and maintaining wt is a LIFETIME issue. So, hang in there buddies!!
Old 08-13-2014, 03:55 AM
Banned

I like this quote

I've been on a diet for 2weeks
and all I've lost is fourteen days!!!

Old 08-13-2014, 04:53 AM
FitDay Member

Terri - What a sweet pic of you and your husband!! You are both radiating joy in your smiles....or was that too much champagne on your wedding day You both look too cute....two little baby faces!

Mern - It is tough being a parent today. When I was a kid, my mother did work. She took care of the four kids that lived across from us...but she was able to tote us along with her. Also, back in the day, most often she just opened up the door and told us to go out and play and come back when we were hungry. Don't get me wrong! Those days of endless adventure were pure magic when I was a kid. Sadly today, our children are deprived of that adventure. In our current society, often times mothers work outside of the home and children are kept by our sides....no running off to play (at least not until they are older...my kids are only 6 & 8)...it's too dangerous. This takes up a lot time outside of work....ensuring my kids are doing something fun instead of just sitting in front of the tv. Having Crohn's does keep me on a shorter leash as far as food goes. I can have some indulgences, but I keep it mostly to when we go out to a restaurant. At home, I prepare everything from scratch. Lucky for me I married the world's pickiest man and together we created the word's two pickiest kids! LOL! Often I cook 2-3 meals every night...sometimes even 4! I always do my best to prepare things ahead and keep them in the freezer...that has helped a lot! Poor me eh!!?! Haha! Just joking Aiming for 30 minutes of exercise a day is great! I'm sure it will feel easier as your weight comes down.

Becca - Love that quote! And you're so right...this is a lifetime thing not a quick fix. I was so darn close to the maintaining part! Grrr! I'll get there again and finally learn how to maintain!
Old 08-13-2014, 06:46 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I hope to amuse. I am a writer and always looking to grab the attention of my readers. Not that I'm spinning a story here because this is all too real, but...my friends say I'm funny. You could say that my writing is a form of therapy.
I read your comments to Debbie, and I have to say that even at 54, I got caught up in that SAHM mentality. I was partially raised by my grandmother, and then I married an older man. Although I did go to work back in 1989, when the twins were only 3, I was expected to put in a full day at the farm and then come home and cook, clean, help with homework, coordinate and sometimes lead extra-curricular activities for five children, and somehow fall into bed sexy. It didn't work. I quit being sexy a long time ago. Oh yeah, the other things I kept, until now, when a heart attack told me that I can't keep up this pace. Now I need to concentrate on what makes me happy. I realize that I have to work on the farm sometimes, but now I buy paper plates to eat off of during those times. This is part of my reason to plan fall. What do I keep, and what has to go.
Debbie, I have been following the rules, almost by the book, since they handed me my reading material the day after I had the stent inserted. Four slip ups: grocery shopping before 3 weeks, lifting my new grandson when he weighs 12 lbs and I am only allowed to lift 5 lbs, and that stupid box of Chapman's Ice Cream Sandwiches. They're gone now.
I fully understand food planning. I have been blessed with food allergies, and a family with food allergies. This is what makes my new lifestyle so challenging. Doctors make suggestions, but I have to be able to live with it. When I have family visiting, it is a challenge cooking for all the needs. Right now, I have a basket of strawberries on my table. If my granddaughter shows up, I need to remove them. Perhaps to outside.
Oh, and glad your chatty again, so I can get to know you.
As for my day—
Mowing the lawn is out. It looks like a jungle out there, but it was raining most of the night and it is wet out there right now. Next warm day is forecast for Sunday, so Monday I break out the mower. I didn't walk in the rain this morning, but I have dishes to catch up on. I wish I had a dishwasher, but I guess this helps with my hand eye coordination. Bummer, I just realized that I am allowed to vacuum. Guess those get-well cards have run out of steam.
I got my water in last night, but it woke me up at 1 am and 4 am. Oh wait, that was my husband at 1 am. He woke me up to ask me if I drove anyone to the farm to take stuff out of the freezer. That would be "NO."
As I mentioned, no more Chapman's anything is allowed in the house if I can't stop at one. Sodium was still good if carbs and calories weren't.
Roast beef tonight. I cooked it yesterday so I can slice it into nice thin slices today. I can also make low fat gravy by taking all the fat off the top of the drippings and adding vegetable broth that I have in the freezer. I'll do a pan of roasted vegetables to go with it.
Things left on my checklist:
1. I found my tape measure under my computer. I guess I owe my mom and a 2 year-old some apologies.
2. Echocardiogram Saturday afternoon
3. Awana plan almost done
4. Begin planning September schedule
Old 08-13-2014, 07:31 AM
FitDay Member

No plans are ever concrete at my house. I had plans for breakfast and a matinee movie tomorrow, but my friend is expecting a package delivery requiring her signature, so we rescheduled for Friday. The breakfast is at a regional, casual restaurant chain and no one would get offended if I tote along a low carb flaxmeal muffin to keep from caving to pancakes or French toast. I know they have turkey sausage, so that's better than pork sausage or bacon. I'm hoping they have zero cholesterol egg blend--if not, I'll go ahead and enjoy two regular eggs and try to go as low as possible on cholesterol intake for the rest of the day.

As soon as I'm done posting this I'm going to exercise and then I will have earned tomorrow off. I usually take off exercise Thursdays and Sundays.

Terri, thanks for your encouragement, as always. You're right, pizza is a devil for me, too. Isn't there supposed to be an angel sitting on my other shoulder telling me to not eat that lucious triangle of pizza? She's never there! Yeah, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. LOL OMG, what a perfect anniversary celebration you two had! Your anniversary dinner sounded wonderful and really healthful, too. You gotta have cake and wine for your first anniversary. The photo of you and DH is absolutely awesome--you both are so photogenic and look so happy! How romantic to spend time looking at the wedding photos others took with the disposable cameras! That's great that you got the most difficult syllabus/schedule out of the way. Best wishes on the rest so you can enjoy the new faculty orientation. I love Chipotle, too, but luckily rice and beans don't entice me. (If they did, I'd probably cave, too.) At Chipotle I have the chicken, fajita veggies, salsa, cheese, and ranch dressing over lettuce. So glad you gave yourself credit for your mindful eating Tuesday and for getting the teaching work done.

Becca, thanks for your wonderful encouragement to our group and for reminding us that losing and maintaining is a lifetime issue! I think too often people go on a weight loss diet, reach goal, then go back to eating the same old detrimental way--and then blame their weight loss plan for not being a good one. It has to be a lifestyle change with weight loss as a bonus. I got a good chuckle out of the quote--"...all I've lost is fourteen days.." LOL

Debbie, you are right--it's a different world today. My Mom didn't drive and just sent us out to play and we did have many adventures-safe ones and our mother always knew where we were. We had a TV but there were children's shows on only in the morning for preschoolers and the most violent Saturday morning cartoons were the antics of Tom and Jerry, Daffy Duck, and the chipmunks Chip and Dale. We didn't have the mind-numbing temptations of spending all day on computers and video games or the parental worries of Internet child predators. Oh, I don't think I could cook all those different meals like you do, but kudos to you for the good thinking of preparing and freezing stuff ahead of time when possible. Every little bit helps. You're such a smart and loving lady! Your family is so lucky to have you. Best wishes for your life getting simpler with more time for YOU.

Annette, you do indeed have the gift of entertainment through writing. Wow, you had really strenuous expectations, too, with all the work you did from the time you got up until the time you went to bed, plus responsibilities of looking after children. Good for you for working on ways to make your life easier now, especially in view of your recent heart attack. I hope you will continue to try to find ways to make life easier--not just because of the heart attack, but because you EARNED it. I snorted with laughter reading that your hand dishwasing perhaps helps with your hand-eye coordination. LOL! OMG, I'd be furious if my DH woke me up at 1AM just to ask me a question. I had roast beef for lunch today but it was from the deli so higher sodium content than I should have. There is a butcher shop down the street that makes in-house roast beef with very low sodium--just a sprinkling on top, but last time I had it, for the first time ever, it was very fatty, so I hesitate to go back. With what do you thicken your low fat gravy? Best wishes on your checklist. Coincidence-- I found my exercise stretch band under my computer cart this morning. I may have laid it on the computer desk, but I am not the one who threw it on the floor--I suspect my 10 year old grandson did that when he used my computer. I'm formulating another reminder lecture on Grandma's bad back and not causing her more work and the pain of bending over.

Last edited by Mern; 08-13-2014 at 07:43 AM.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, it looks like you want it bad enough to end the week down on the scale.
I wish. I'm way up today.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default hey

I'm late to the party but at least I'm here lol.

I am working out more consistently now than I have in the last couple of months. (Went through a divorce and moved in with the new girlfriend, welcome to the life of law enforcement right?) Anyways...I am doing Insanity (for the 2nd time) and getting in the weight room at work daily for a full body workout.

SUNDAY--Insanity Fit Test
Monday--Plyometric Cardio
Tuesday--REST
Wednesday(today)--Insanity Cardio&Resistance

I also try to get a couple of runs and body weight exercises in during the week to up my endurance. Focusing mainly on losing 15-20 pounds right now and toning up a little.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator

health
1) Lose 2 pounds (starting at 205.4)204.8, 206.4
2) Workout 4 times yes, no

other
3) Write 2 policies (not likely, but I'll try) 0, 0, 1
4) Work at property twice no, no
Old 08-13-2014, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Ky! Glad you took my suggestion and joined us! I did Insanity two years ago. I loved it!!! I should really dust it off and do it again. The only kicker was that it killed my feet for some reason. I have no problem running or jump rope, but for some reason plyometric type exercises kill my feet!

Mern - Thank you for such lovely words

Annette - I'm so glad we don't have food allergies! I can't imagine adding into the mix!

I must run....and stay off the computer for the remainder of the day. I have so much to do before my guests arrive tomorrow! Be good all and I'll check back in tomorrow
Old 08-13-2014, 11:26 AM
FitDay Member

UGH, DH just told me he's going to get himself ice cream from a local ice cream parlor. Even the no sugar added ice cream is way too high carb for me. I'm JEALOUS but I'm determined to finish out the day on track--I worked too hard to blow it now.

Mike, it's all about averages. Do you know why your weight is up today? Salty stuff or maybe even retaining water from too vigorous a workout? 1.6 lbs. was how much I was up from eating pizza one day--but I lost 1.4 of it by the next day. Congrats on the policy!

RunKyRun, welcome! Glad you joined us! Best wishes in your new lifestyle and on your intense exercise.

Debbie, OMG, honey, you are so welcome for and deserving of whatever kind words you get. You are always so supportive of us. Wishing you an enjoyable "health food and exercise boot camp B&B." LOL Have fun--remove one egg yolk and replace it with a white in some dish for your guests. They'll never know. Go ahead--I dare ya!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.