Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Starting 8/4/14, Get back, get back, get back to where you still belong >

Motivational Starting 8/4/14, Get back, get back, get back to where you still belong

Community
Notices

Motivational Starting 8/4/14, Get back, get back, get back to where you still belong

Old 08-09-2014, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

I was out on the road (with runners this time) taking my walk. I decided on a new route. I have always avoided that route due to dogs, but at 7:15 on a Saturday morning, they are not out yet. I scared a whole family of deer though.
Water is not an issue, as long as I fill my jug. It is sitting, half full of ice, on the counter waiting for me.
Sodium count isn't an issue for me either, so next week I will consider salt a given.
Recipes are still in need. My granddaughter is coming for dinner tonight, so maybe I will make gluten free, dairy free, curry chicken again. I have to start typing out these recipes so I have them all together instead of in my head.
My daughter and her husband are coming over to cut up a tree that fell on our yard last week. Some would argue that it is still alive, but the leaves are dying. Another couple of weeks and it will be a fire hazard with the hot, dry weather we have been having.
1. Walk 4 mornings Thursday Saturday
2. Drink 2.2 liters water per day Wednesday Thursday Friday
3. Keep sodium count under 2300 Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
4. Create at least one new recipe this week (low sodium, low fat, low sugar) Done and added to my future recipe book
Old 08-09-2014, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Debbie: A good friend of mine did the 21 Day Fix beyond the 21 days and she loves it! That's the one with the differently-sized boxes, right? She said it took a lot of pressure off of her and she could eat whatever but be mindful of portion sizes. I also want to echo what Mern said - a lot of the time when I've disappeared in the past, it's usually because of a series of busy events and I feel I can't keep up, but I am always thinking of everyone here and NEVER giving up. You've been a wonderful person to come back to, too! As is everyone here!

Mern: Thanks My arm feels somewhat better today. I went to the gym yesterday (Friday) and decided to try the elliptical rather than the stationary bike - I just kept my arms mostly off of the handles and on the stationary handles in front, and I ended up doing 34 minutes of interval training (30 secs high, 1 min cooldown, in a cycle) plus the warmup and cooldown, altogether being about 44 minutes on it. I'm glad I tried! It's possible I'd find the willpower if it kept me off of medication, haha. Speaking of medication, I'm also wondering if it might be easier for me to lose weight because I'm off of birth control for the first time in 18 years. I've heard the birth control can affect weight gain and loss, so I'll be curious to see if I notice anything being weird (besies getting to know my hormones again). If I ever go low-carb, though, I'll know who to talk to for all the advice!!!!

Thanks for the wishes for the good students. We'll see how it goes! I feel lucky this semester because I am teaching classes I have basically taught before, so that makes it a lot easier in terms of prep work!

Annette: Holy moly, your days sound exhausting and I am both envious and awed by what you're able to accomplish! Good for you! I love that you saw some deer, how cool!

Mike: You're welcome, and great job on the workout goal!!

Jenai: Happens to all of us. Log it and move on. Mern's right, it's all about the averages, and honestly, sometimes I find having a "bad day" like that actually HELPS me lose in the long run because it keeps the body guessing.

Libby: You're right, baby steps are better than no steps at all!!! I keep being reminded of a quote that I keep in the back of my head at all - no matter how small the steps, or how slow the progress, you're still WAY ahead of everyone who isn't trying.

As for me: Got to the gym on Friday and managed to get on the elliptical. It was okay for my shoulder as long as I didn't grab the swinging arms too much. I did grab them every once in awhile until it felt uncomfortable, and then I just grabbed the stationary arms in the front with the heart rate monitor. I did 34 minutes of interval training plus warmup and cooldown. My shoulder/neck is better today and I hope that by tomorrow (Sunday) I will feel good enough to do a strength workout, even if I don't lift weights and just do my legs. I'll keep everyone posted - stay strong through the weekend!!

Goals
1) Weigh in on M and F M: 184.8 F: 181.8
2) Water - at least 64 oz., more is better M: not quite, but better than it has been T: yes, definitely W: yes, just squeaked it in Th: No F: yes
3) Eat mindfully. Not going to log yet, but mindfulness helps a lot. M: yes T: yes! W: yes Th: A couple of snacks snuck in... F: yes
4) 3x cardio elliptical (30-45 minutes, depending on how I feel): M: no T: yes W: no (arm) Th: no (arm) F: yes
5) 1x Strength Training DVD (40 minutes) M-F: no

~Terri
Old 08-09-2014, 08:53 AM
FitDay Member

Sorting through my spice cabinet. The daughter hasn't shown up yet and I got bored writing my novel.

I just put together a mix of spices to use as a BBQ mix. Salt free.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:58 AM
FitDay Member

Went out for lunch and then pedicure this afternoon. First time I had ever had one and i could get used to it! I had salad and then a chocolate dessert. Calorie wise I'll probably be ok for today (just cereal and toast for breakfast) but carbs will be over from the dessert. But it was sooo worth it! We are having quiche for supper with sliced tomatoes. Fruit for dessert. Didn't get nearly enough water in. They came around when I had the pedi with a water but I was afraid I would have to pee before she was finished.
Jenn
Old 08-10-2014, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

It looks like my only downfall this week has been walking. Today I will drink water and I have no doubt that the sodium count will be within the limits. I am a little worried that I might not be taking in sufficient sodium though. I am consistently under 1000 mg.
2. Drink 2.2 liters water per day Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
3. Keep sodium count under 2300 Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
4. Create at least one new recipe this week (low sodium, low fat, low sugar) Done and added to my future recipe book
Old 08-10-2014, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rainbow24
It looks like my only downfall this week has been walking. Today I will drink water and I have no doubt that the sodium count will be within the limits. I am a little worried that I might not be taking in sufficient sodium though. I am consistently under 1000 mg.
2. Drink 2.2 liters water per day Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
3. Keep sodium count under 2300 Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
Ideally we should be consuming less than 1000 mg of sodium daily so what you're doing to reduce sodium is right on a healthy target!
Old 08-10-2014, 08:37 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here--busy day--on track--ready to leave to go out for dinner, armed with my own salad dressing and a flaxmeal muffin so I won't cheat and order dessert.
Will try to catch you all later tonight.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Ideally we should be consuming less than 1000 mg of sodium daily so what you're doing to reduce sodium is right on a healthy target!
Recommended sodium intake for someone my age is between 1300 mg and 2300 mg. There is a minimum requirement. I will ask the doctor when I see her.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Not an official update... I did workout 3 times and worked at the property twice. Water has been good.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:36 AM
FitDay Member

DH wants the computer soon, so I'm not going to post my reports for yesterday and today. I did log all my food, though, and I did well both days. I was down a little on the scale again today--so happy to not be on a plateau! Dinner out tonight was tossed salad with ranch dressing, steak with sauteed mushrooms and onions, green beans and for dessert I asked for a small dish of cantaloupe. For a snack tonight I'll have the flaxmeal muffin I toted but didn't eat at the restaurant.

Jenn, sounds like you had a relaxing day yesterday with the pedi, lunch and dessert. Smart thinking to have the salad for lunch and quiche for dinner. LOL on declining water at the pedi. I'd have to do that, too.

Mike, nice job this week! Plenty of exercise working out and working around your property!

Annette, great job on the walks you got in, on the water, and sodium. Your report looks very nice as well! Man, you surely do have it busier than most of us trying to prepare healthful meals for all the different dietary needs in your family! I need to keep adding low carb, low sat fat recipes for my needs or else I get burned out eating the same old stuff. I also have sodium free seasoning blends I mix up. How nice that your daughter and her husband came over to cut up the tree. Did that get all done? I honestly don't know about the sodium recommendation. I use salt substitute in all my cooking and never add salt at the table. I don't seek out llow sodium in restaurants. I don't have a sodium goal. Drinking plenty of water helps me with water retention from too much sodium--that's my only goal in that area. I never paid attention to a minimum requirement.

Debbie, so nice to see you. Are you in a better frame of mind (and feeling any more inclined to chat) since finding your new eating and exercise plan?

Terri, you've done really well this past week on your restart! Very little red in your reports! I wasn't perfect this week, but am happy with my accomplishments and weight loss. What a trooper you are, doing the elliptical with a bum arm! Just be careful with those strength training exercises. I don't know about birth control pills' effect on weight loss--I never took them. Would be nice if going off them would give you a weight loss bonus. Ooh, does that mean, though, that you and DH are ready to try for a little bundle of joy? You'd be a great mom--I just know it! Oh, that's nice that you are teaching mostly classes you've taught before. I'm guessing that saves you a lot of lesson planning.

Last edited by Mern; 08-10-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.